Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

CodfishCartographer posted:

Yeah Magu is really settling into its place as a wholesome gag manga, it doesn't make me laugh like Roboco and Agravity Boys do, but it always makes me smile. I hope it sticks around! High School Family is pretty forgettable though. I chuckled at this week's chapter where protag was helping the cat do situps but I legit think that's the only time I've laughed the entire time so far.

I'm not sure on Phantom Seer, it's got some charm to it but overall is a bit bland. Some posters here disliked that the woman protagonist didn't have any agency, but it seems like that may have been intentional setup for what this chapter introduced. I'll keep en eye on it but it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't last longer than another ten or so chapters.

I look forward to Magu every week. It's not a big laugh manga, but it makes me happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I continue to enjoy Magu-chan I hope you all do as well.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

CodfishCartographer posted:

Roboco isn't super funny this week, but IS very heartwarming.

FAT Magu-chan

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Magu-chan will always cheer you up!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Magu-chan is too sweet every week. I love it so. CHRISTMAS ARC!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

Magu-chan is really good.

It's clever to frame this evil god being benevolent to his "Follower" by insisting that she be "more selfish", as an excuse to help her.

A child should be selfish. To expect a child or even an adult to be selfless all the time is an unhealthy expectation--as is shown in the latest Magu-chan.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I like how this week in Magu-chan, Ruru's mom basically ordered Magu to CONQUER THE WORLD! :cthulhu:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Darth TNT posted:

Magu chan was super sweet again. I read somewhere that's it's not selling that well though. :(

I would really miss it!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Ytlaya posted:

I just started reading Magu-chan and I like how Magu's interpretation of being an evil overlord is that it's his responsibility to make people want to worship him. He's a very earnest and hard-working evil god.

edit: The art in this reminds me a bit of that manga with the goofy vampire girl. The characters have a similar doofy look to them.

"Do you want to fight, child?"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I have one issue with this week's Magu-chan: Who was it that Uneras said she despises? The language was a bit vague to me.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Elusive Samurai has been getting more and more interesting. I feel like it's making a case for itself even if it hasn't yet had its shining moment.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Brought To You By posted:

I say this as a man who enjoys tartar sauce exclusively with shrimp. This guy is unhinged.

gently caress, maybe I should finally read Mashle.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Electric Phantasm posted:

It was only Naruto that did that and it was like the only good part of the Kaguya fight.

Also Boruto just had this happen recently in the anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjwJedRBZOE

Cmon naruto, can't your clones poo poo for you? Shameful hokage.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Darth TNT posted:

Since Naruto can learn from a clone going poof, does that mean a clone that eats can feed Naruto?

Naruto and his clones quickly become like unto a plague of locusts and strip the countryside bare.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The latest chapter of Elusive Samurai reminded me of that one MSPaint of a guy pissing from the ceiling.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Naputaaku continues to be the best.

Also yes this is the best thing to happen Muscat

I love that this is a complete shonen fakeout now.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

The Black Stones posted:

Honestly not sad about Dolphin Cop possibly ending. What started as a fun and goofy premise just got bogged down in trying to be super serious and it just doesn’t work.

Should have stuck to jokes about how the lady cop has huge boobs.

Yeah...I read it from the start but I just stopped after the flashback arc ended. Just failed to really grab me, in the end.

Anyway, Elusive Samurai seems to be heading for a nice fight and Magu-Chan always makes me smile.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I think this is the moment I've been anticipating in Elusive Samurai. The arc you point to and go "ah, this is when it hits its stride." It's been a steady build until now, and this is such a good chapter.

Magu-chan, as usual, was charming as heck with this father's day chapter.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Elusive Samurai: Great chapter as always, and one that really hammers in how fuckin' creepy the MC and his love of playing tag can be. Nice swerve from how confident the baddie is at the start of the chapter after being cut a single time to how terrified he is in the back half.

This reminds me that they did deliver on this being an incredibly cruel technique.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

girl dick energy posted:

One of the best things about Mashle is how Mash shreds right through every cliche arc one after another, but not in a particularly mean-spirited or mocking way. This is a parody shonen manga made by someone who loves shonen manga.

Mashle is the first manga I've read and thought it was clearly inspired by the works of ONE, and I mean that in the best possible way.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

The mangaka was literally one of Horikoshi's assistants

That explains it. Stylish!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Lily Catts posted:

whaaaat there was a girls' MMA shounen manga that ended at... 21 chapters? Tragic!

That's too little to even put a dent in my years-long sorrow for the loss of Teppu.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mumbling posted:

Magu-Chan :ohdear:

Please, Magu-chan, you can do it!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Oh yeah since no one posted about it yet

Look at these two! :kimchi:

I mean they're trying to devour a whole village, but still!

Really strong start, especially in terms of style. I like how the "Smart" werewolf was STUNNED that the kid noticed a stranger in a village of like fifty to a hundred people. The only reason the others didn't notice was because they were scared, idiot! Just about anyone in the village probably could have done that.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Brought To You By posted:

Well it's been nearly 3 years... :negative:

I wonder how many manga have started and ended in shonen jump since HxH has gone on break.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

The Tank Crab being piloted by a smaller crab is badass.

Also lol at the fast sword guy straight up saying "nothing personal"

Nothing personal, crab.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh, and in case you were wondering, Elusive Samurai continues to be something special.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Sindai posted:

I assume a small and steadily decreasing % of people still use manga sites on desktop.

Am I supposed to read it on a cellphone?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Suddenly, Red Hood has my interest locked down. Surely it has nothing to do with the introduction of a woman built like loving Noi. Surely.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

The gag in Magu-chan where the "quest" is revealed and Magu is just kinda sighs and blows it up was really funny.

Coincidentally, this is also my reaction to this week's Red Hood.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jose posted:

Checking a manga site and seeing zettai Karen children is at 511 chapters it's very funny that I have little to no memory of it ever being discussed here. It must be so bad lol

The only thing notable about it is the one anime it had where, weirdly, they had the Nostalgia Critic and the Angry Video Game Nerd in a crowd scene.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

Red Hood is pretty fun this week too. I really hope it survives.

Unlike poor Mash, who died this week

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I found this week's Red Hood a real charmer, especially with the art when mold man cocooned Mr Capitalism. Very interested in seeing were mold man goes in the future.

Also we're getting a FRIENDSHIP STORY ARC in magu! Oh no! Will our friends break up??

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Magu-Chan is so loving heartwarming this week I'm gonna cry.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
What I really like about Elusive Samurai this week is that they raised the stakes with historical info that we ignorant readers were unaware of.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Mashle was a real return to form.
Elusive Samurai was good as usual. As I said before, I like how this arc has fleshed out Sadamune.
Magu-chan got some real laughs out of me this week, but the chapters that focus on Naputaaku's minions are always the best.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Kingtheninja posted:

I was completely confused by the red hood chapter, What exactly was happening with the pages and the info dump? I've got a headache and just couldn't piece it together.

There is a True Book. You write a story in it, and that story happens. The pages of this Book possess this power as well and two pages went missing years ago. This may also have something to do with the memory stuff and sudden disappearance of Lycaon this chapter. It's also likely that when Debonair was talking about the "scenario", she was talking about the story that had been pre-ordained in the book.

It seems that the Mayor has mucked around with this story, probably using the stolen pages, causing the confusion and the missing memories.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I wasn't one for the Red Hood doomsaying but some of the reveals in this chapter make a lot more sense if they were intended for like, chapter 100. In particular, Velou's ability to gently caress with one's connection to fate. He's only been with Grimm a short time--that makes him seem way more loving radioactive than I imagine he was supposed to be! Plus, we just have other characters telling us how Grimm is supposed to be on the ball at this point. We've barely met her.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
He's from the Sengoku Period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, I liked the opening. This latest chapter is the only one that's had me saying it's doomed.