Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hated harem manga when I was in my edgy teens but now I'm in my lazy late 20s and I don't hate harem manga anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

Harem manga are good for when I want to read something more relatable

I can't believe my Cake Attack is so popular.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The mangaka behind Angel Legend and Claymore returns with a new series!

Soukyuu no Ariadne

The art's a lot different from what it used to be like, I think, though that might be cause I never read Claymore.

Apparently it was released as a one-shot before, and is now getting a proper series.

khy posted:

I've been spoiled by Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa where the MC hooks up with the main girl halfway through the run, so while I know that We Never Learn won't follow suit a part of me still wants it to.

Truthism was a series where the MC was already in love with a girl from the beginning, so nobody else ever had a chance.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Meme is a unisex name.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth TNT posted:

Art looks pretty much the same, except a bit cleaner and the backgrounds are a lot more detailed? Going to read this. I liked Claymore.

I'm mainly coming off from Angel Densetsu and the few early chapters of Claymore that I read.

Like, this is from the last chapter of Angel Densetsu. There's a big gap between the eyes, barely any nose, eyes are generally a lot sharper, narrower, and smaller.

In the first chapter of Claymore it's still pretty different in my opinion.

Whereas the new MC looks a lot more shounen-ish, and the artstyle such seems a lot more colorful, detailed, and cleaner. Like, I was unsure about who it was until I saw the old man's face. Also, the noses are simpler now, generally just a line or a triangle.

Granted, setting and genre play a large part in the artstyle shift.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah it's always dope to see art styles evolve.

Ah! My Goddess probably has some of the biggest art shifts I've seen.

Too bad about the mangaka though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

Oh My Goddess!? Oh my goodness.

This is the most offensive part about the whole debacle.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Paracelsus posted:

I would be perfectly okay if Amagami were the future of harem.

Didn't Seiren, the anime made by the studio that made Amagami, do poorly on the first season.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Galvanik posted:

A B C D E was the scale at my us school at least

WAS MY SUGGESTION THE RIGHT MANGA OR NOT DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING BRO!!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Calling a chapter featuring Sensei and a harmless but amusing comedy chapter garbage...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth TNT posted:

Not even We Can't Study can make beach episodes not suck.

It was actually a super good fanservice chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dude could use his own life as inspiration for his manga.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God loving hell yes I loved the manga, it ended on such a high note.

gently caress yeah.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want everyone reading We Never Learn to imagine canned laughter from the audience after every gag, gasps whenever it seems like someone is about to confess or have a romantic moment, and awwwwwwws whenever something sweet happens.

Also everyone should mentally insert the word Bazinga whenever Swim Girl pretends that she's just joking about being in love with the MC.

Also cheers and applause whenever Sensei enters the scene.

Now, you too can enjoy watching Big Bang Theory while reading We Never Learn!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DoubleDonut posted:

glad to know you're the writer for this version

I love Sensei, DD.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Also constant misogyny.

Yes, harem mangas are inherently misogynistic, but what does that have to do with the Big Bang Theory?????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We Never Learn is loving fantastic even though the best sensei won't win.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I read Kimetsu no Yaiba and it was pretty good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

who's your favorite character and why's it the buff sword mice

God those mice were hilarious.

It's probably Fire Pillar.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Water is wet.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What, you don't enjoy pages and pages of the MC finding out how the leveling and skill system works, and figuring out a way to arbitrarily break the system in a way that no one has ever done before?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't get to isekais by being innovative, you follow the true and tried route of "GET HIT BY TRUCK."

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't get to isekais by being innovative, you follow the true and tried route of "GET HIT BY TRUCK."

EDIT: loving double post.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mulva posted:

There's a surprising number of Asian novels where it's "I just steal this idea that someone else had and sell it as my own" and I'm like, is that culturally aware or just really sad that the limits of their imagination and dreams are pretending you did the cool thing someone else already did first?

I believe someone (might have been Endorph? can't really remember) explained that a lot of these works are adapted off web novels on sites that specifically host that stuff? And then the popular ones become light novels and mangas and whatnot.

I think it's like fan fiction, except instead of copying the entire setting, you just take the basic concept and put your own twist on it and write it. I think a good deal of people writing them are kids, too?

Fabricated posted:

Caught to Kimetsu no Yaiba. Lot of funny chapters and now a double-pronged attack by not one but two Upper Moons. Also a side character I thought had died literally at the start of the series came back and he had the bright idea to literally just put the demon-destroying iron into a shotgun.

I don't ever recall Angry Mohawk McGuns being in a situation where he'd die? He was one of the dudes who passed the test, and then you see him halfway through the series being a dick to Tanjirou.

He shows up once more at the end of the same arc, next to one of the Pillars reacting to Rengoku's death.

He's also probably related to the Wind Pillar.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Danke for that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess Bleach isn't over yet???

Images for Kubo's new one-shot.

https://imgur.com/a/rVEw73F

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You know it just occurred to me, if there's a Western branch (which apparently was said to exist since chapter 50 according to this comment), why did the European Quincies get dealt with by the Eastern branch?

On the other hand, let's talk about something else instead.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mulderman posted:

New We Never Learn.
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/74/page/1

How can this woman function? It's a goddamn mystery.

Clearly this is just more proof that she needs to wed our chap, she'd die otherwise and the world would be all the worse off without a fine upstanding teacher like her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I also just gave the manga a second try a few months back are randomly reading a recent chapter and I'm keeping up with it now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to continue reading harem manga and shounen manga and H-manga.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

I care very little for most of the humor in We Can't Study but I profoundly do not understand how anyone can make it through the chapters with the teacher, they are so god drat awful. Gotoubun having none of that garbage alone is more than enough for me to put it way above it.

Sensei is love is how.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love Kenpachi and Yoruichi and Urahara is all I can really say about Bleach.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Japanese conbinis are amazing, I came back to Korean convenience stores and the quality disparity made me sad.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not sure these prices are sustainable.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't watch manga, you read them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe I'm Mineta now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gently caress you punk I have my original name back.

Also you don't get to call me Hate-senpai when you loving renamed me Hate-Senpai!!!!