Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Annointed posted:

New Chapter of Rosario Vampire.
Just how many relatives in Moka's family is an Eldritchian horror?!

Is just me or this chapter felt kind of disconnected? Like it should be before Moka's climatic battle or we skipped some chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HOLY poo poo :suspense:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Irritated Goat posted:

What do you guys use to keep up with what manga you're reading and where? I need to get back into reading again but keeping up is a pain

If you're on Chrome use the All Mangas Reader extension. Keeps track of every series, automatically tells you when new chapters are updated and tweaks the readers into showing all the pages in the same window.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Rosario+Vampire

Things keeps getting more and more real :suspense:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:asoiaf:

How I wish this thing would be weekly with that many pages, is so great. I found amusing that the true identities of all the monsters are bishonen guys, though. :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DrSunshine posted:

Have you guys had enough :qq: in your day today? If you haven't, here's another 2 chapters of Koe no Katachi to revel in bittersweet melancholy!

It really is one of the most touching mangas. And the curly haired sidekick friend dude is really the best Curly Haired Sidekick Friend.

This is really great but I would prefer getting more focus on Nishiyama.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Insurrectionist posted:

I really am not a fan of Koe no Katachi because it's centered on, and narrated by, the original bully. Not because I think he's a terrible person or irredeemable or anything, but because his story isn't the interesting one, and being shown events from his POV isn't very appealing to me. More to the point, I really don't like the dynamic it gives the comic, again not because it's bad but because it's not the one I want to see - by not being focused on her troubles specifically, but instead the reformed bully, it really feels like a story that's more interested in making excuses for the dude and saying 'hey he wasn't that poo poo forever see, you can improve too' rather than focusing on the actual victim's problems and issues. It's not a bad message, but it could have been delivered just as well if he was the secondary protagonist, and not the girl.

Yeah I felt the same. The first chapters were so goodnsince were focused on Nishiyama and such, something really different and original. Now it kind of feels like your average shounen and Nishiyama's reduced to your generic love interest.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Koe no Katachi Ch 11

Sorry to interrupt your feast of hot bloodness but this chapter was pretty :3:, focus on Nishiyama and gotta say that her sis is quite the little rear end in a top hat. Can't really blame her though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More Hot-Blooded Romance (Koe No Kotachi 12) :v:

I'm liking the way plot's going even if I would prefer Shouya not becoming your classic protagonist that got everything work out because his acceptance of things, seems kind of cheap.

Also I'm confused by the family relationships here, the woman living with Shouya is his sister or his mom? Where the hell was that little brazilian-japanese kid before?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Koe No Katachi 13

Pretty awesome chapter if lower on the hot bloodness.

toanoradian posted:

Yeah, as much as I like Shouko and how...'saintly' she's been acting, Shouya is forgiven far too easily. Not saying all the bullying Shouya's been through isn't horrible, just that well...there's not much he has done to redeem himself to Shouko. I'm kind of hoping Shouya starts thinking that Shouko's forgiveness isn't enough for him to forgive himself and he attempted to do more.

Is like the author's reading us, he pretty much tackled our complains and gave a pretty good answer.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Visidan posted:

Pretty sure the little girl is Shouya's niece. http://mangafox.me/manga/koe_no_katachi/v01/c001/17.html and http://mangafox.me/manga/koe_no_katachi/v01/c001/41.html We don't actually see his sister at all apart from her feet and she may not be around in the present.

EDIT: Oh wait we do, we see her feet asking Shouya to pick his niece up. Man just show her already!

If this doesn't end on a Cow & Chicken kind of reveal for the sister I'm gonna be really dissapointed :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Sorry to double post

Koe no katachi 14

Where Shouya finally realizes Yuzuru's dark deep secret (:v:), we get more of his buddy and the romance really starts. All around a solid chapter and I liked that Shouya don't want the easy way out.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 25, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Two more chapter of Koe no Katachi

Chapter 15
Chapter 16

For all my previous bitching, I liking a lot the recent plot developments. Shouya's manning up and owning his mistakes and is working hard to compensate Shouko, his buddy is pretty drat awesome (if a little melodramatic) and the returning character seems pretty cool.

The romance is also gaining prominence but it feels really natural plus, Shouko is ADORABLE :3:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DrSunshine posted:

Folks, what do bugs, elementary school children, demonic teachers, and the meaning of grammar and punctuation have in common with each other?

They all come together in this one shot.

What the gently caress did I just read? :psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Honestly I can't remember if was in this thread or the 'convince someone to read a manga with one image' where I was introduced to Bonnouji, but I just have to share that it has just ended

Bonnouji's Final Chapter

The series was adorable from beginning to end and this chapter left me pretty :unsmith:

One of the most realistic depictions of romance that I've seen, and is kind if weird that nowadays I'm on a Touhou's doujin binge and I've found a lot of works from that author.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

jackofarcades posted:

We posted about it a lot in the shoujo thread.

I've never been at the shoujo thread, otherwise I've would posted there :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mygna posted:

Looks like a Kirby face and arm to me.

That version is missing a huge number of pages, by the way. Try this one.

Aw, little Shouya's jealous :allears:

This series' fantastic.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Looks like Tsukune couldn't get the real suit and is just using a cheap cosplay :v:

Great chapter though even if the ending was predictable as gently caress.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is still a harem manga, with all the standard harem manga bullshit. It doesn't really matter what else they do with the story, because that tired old nonsense keeps the rest of it from ever being better than mediocre.

The harem aspect has been really downplayed as late (in fact we have a clear winner now and the remaining girls have gotten another love interests)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
In my case, scanlations are the only way to read manga since there's no way to get it on Mexico. And watermarks aren't a big deal anyway.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Literally The Worst posted:

Not everything is available everywhere. Manga and anime are notoriously hard to get in Mexico and South America because most things aren't licensed there. You have no idea what you're even talking about anymore. Just shut up.

To be fair, Anime is hilariously easy to get in here (but for less than legal means) and you can get some volumes of the more famous series if you got the money but good luck if you want the whole series. I've spent months trying to get GTO:14 Days on Shonan, and I've just found the first issue.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Koe No Katachi 18

I like Shouya's character arc, pretty realistic given the circunstances. Nishimiya keeps being adorable as hell and the ending was a literal :catstare:

I love this series :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More Shonen Romance! (Koe no Katachi 17)

drat Shouya, you lucky bastard :wiggle:

Is fantastic how with just one chapter this girl went from :catbert: to :3:

I like her :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Rosario to Vampire

Now this is how you set an ending for your shounen series, everything is :black101: as hell and Tsukune finally went from useless harem lead to legit badass.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This series never stops to surprising me, I liked Ueno last chapter since she seemed a pretty nice and polite girl and after reading this chapter... :psyduck:

It turns out than she's kind of a dipshit.

Edit: I guess they could go with crazy scorned woman (or 'yandere' :v:) route

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 7, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

toanoradian posted:

Oooh, speaking of things that are long, there's a long due update for the Smallest Hero!

Oh neat! I thought I was the only one still reading that series, I love this take on the superhero genre. Great characters, fantastic art and superheroes, what else can I ask for? :allears:

Autonomous Monster posted:

I think there's a non-zero probability that she's trying to play into what she thinks he wants, and her real personality isn't quite as abrasive as she's trying to make out. Her going after Deaf Girl felt kinda desperate, to me. Of course, she was fairly mean to Vibrating-Through-Worlds-kun and as far as we know she didn't have an audience there...

Or MC is going to discover her Terrible Issues that make her such a terrible person and help her Work Through Them, like the protagonist he is.

Or ^^^that^^^, yeah. Or less axe-crazy variant thereof. Anyway, there's no way this is over yet.

No, I can't remember the names of anyone in this manga.

Shouya: MC
Shouko: Deaf Girl
Yuzuru: Deaf girl's sis
Nagatsuka: Vibrating-through-worlds kun :v:
Ueno: Psycho Bitch

Is gonna be kind of depressing if Ueno starts attacking Shouko blaming her by changing 'her' Shouya.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Anyone has read Lasboss-X-Hero?

Is a pretty entertaining story about a mangaka who ends trapped on his own manga and now thinks than killing the main heroine is the only way to finish the story and return to the real world. Lots of meta moments, the characters calling out the lovely plot developments/fanservice and a nice art (but as the most recent chapter there's two :nws: panels)

Very recomendable.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Allarion posted:

There's something always entertaining about a Dark Lord and his minions when they're involved in non-typical plots. Curious to see what it's building up toward.

I'm starting to think than Sagara it is the Demon Lord and the idea of him being a mangaka is the plot for the actual manga (a Buzz Lightyear sort of thing). Mainly because on one of the sequeneces with the editor we saw a blonde guy instead of him

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Allarion posted:

Personally, I thought that Sagara and the Demon Lord switched places since there is something to those dreams he had, but your idea is equally plausible at the moment. Regardless, I'm hoping for some solid character growth for our main character, as well as being intrigued about what happens to the former "main" character, since at present, it seems the cast's development growth as people are dependent on Sagara growing better as a writer and person, which I just find to be an interesting concept if the story follows through on that.

Agreed, the way the supporting cast is being developed is the biggest draw of the manga to me, they start really shallow and cookie-cutter but they start growing life on their own. The story is also handed well and the reveal about the Demons Lord's identity was fantastic.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Silly Voodoo posted:

Why are you recommending a series in which the heroine gets tentacle raped (oh, I'm sorry, "molested") in the second chapter for laughs? Seriously, what the gently caress?

You're so gonna hate subsequent chapters then, I recommended it because the constant struggle of the author to made the manga interesting made me laugh, I think is interesting how the characters evolve on par with the plot (just compare how's Haru on the first chapter to the most recent). I found the use of of 'sexual' scenes for laughs like a playful (and sel aware) jab on the real (:v) author's part about the shonen genre.
Certainly isn't a genre changing manga but it is a different enough premise for me to be interested.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Sorry for the double post but Koe No katachi 21

Man, Ueno is really messed up :stare:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, Ueno came less as a bitch and more like having an emotional breakdown. Like she couldn't process the fact than Shouya weren't a bully anymore and than suddenly, the deaf girl is her rival for Shouya's attention. She's definitly doing anything to keep Shouya for her.
On the other hand, Shouko getting worried/jealous over Shouya is adorable. :3:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
She seemed pretty uncomfortable with Ueno this chapter and her expression at the end was really weird (maybe a mix of jealousy and anxiety?).

Regarding her overall characterization, I found it somewhat accurate taking into account the way she's treated by her family and her School's experiencies. She's growing out of it, just than she seems to be assertive only with people she trusts.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Has anyone read Sousei no Onmyouji? It looks like generic shounen at first glance, but I get this odd feeling that this one has potential. The creator is also the person behind Binbougami Ga!, which I remember being pretty good. There's only three chapters out, but it looks like this is a monthly publication, and those three chapters are all in the vicinity of 50 pages.

Also, the main girl is actually pretty reasonable for a tsundere, which caught my eye.

While the first chapter was kind of lame it quickly picked up steam on the second chapter with the reveal of the kids 'destinies'. Since the story is more focused than Binbougami Ga! it looks like this could be even better, definitly keeping an eye on it, nice find!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Koe No Katachi 22

Ueno turned out to be more reasonable than I thought and the love triangle is starting to show. At least Souko is cute as hell :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New LasBossXHero

I love this manga :allears:

And indeed it seems than anyone else is manipulating Sagara and the setting

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Coaaab posted:

I can see it just fine.

As I do (and I'm on a 3DS), maybe something on your end?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Koe No Katachi

I don't know if is than the translation is weird or if is something else but this chapter felt off. Shouko keeps being adorable and Shouya keeps showing to be a solid protagonist while the actions felt organic and natural according to the plot but something just doesn't feel right.

:psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Suben posted:

It's a bad speed translation. I THINK there might be some Chinese scan/translation middle man work there or something since IIRC Chinese scans have somehow been showing up before the Japanese chapters are even published. There's actually a Chinese scan of chapter 24 out as well.

Spoiler for chapter 24: Shouya makes a new friend, Mashiba (the guy who wanted to know what happened with the bridge when he came back from suspension), and the X gets dropped from Kawai's face as she starts hanging around them (possibly to try and get with Mashiba?).

Ok, this is sounding interesting. Is a weekly release?

Rosario to Vampire Final episode

This was filled with heartwarming moments but it really feels like a 'tune up for the sequel!' type of ending (or Ikeda just didn't gave a gently caress and just wanted to end it fast) and that is bothering me to no end. We'll getting an epilogue on April at least-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sindai posted:

That was a pretty funny resolution to the whole inner/outer Moka thing. This entire time your girlfriend was actually...your girlfriend's mom! Surprise!

Family meetings are gonna be awkward :haw: