Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Erza is pretty cool. I also remember liking Juvia. The manga itself is very paint-by-numbers though. I liked Rave Master better but then I was a kid when I read/watched that and what I remember most is the opening music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnJa2kZx5GY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

buzmeg posted:

No, don't.

Bleach is one of the few manga I stopped reading because 1) it got incredibly boring and 2) the art quality dropped precipitously.

There is no reason to read Bleach until it ends, and you can blast through the glacial plot progression.
read, past tense.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I read Ueki like a decade ago so I don't really remember it well, but I did follow Takkoku for a while a bit more recently. It was pretty goofy fun, but I haven't really followed his career. Sucks to hear that was probably the right decision.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

RatHat posted:

I liked Ueki a lot but it was a bit disappointing for the main character to mostly abandon his trash->trees ability.
Didn't the author go to great lengths to make sure that every other power he got was useless?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

RatHat posted:

What do you mean?
I vaguelly remember that series having a gimmick where if you won a match, you got one of your opponents powers, and the main character kept getting the ones that were basically useless in battle

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The synopsis put me off immediately and the first chapter didn't change my mind. Not a fan of stories that rely on some sort of "love potion" thing for the romance

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

What do you mean by "taking her seriously"?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

He's trying to become a man worthy of an absurdly strong and fearless delinquent rather than just accepting that she magically likes him and roll with it.
no, the problem is that she magically likes him in the first place. I don't really care about the rest?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lies of Sheriff Evans is nothing like I thought it would be after reading the first chapter and it owns. I'm glad everyone is looking forward to their respective dates :3:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fabricated posted:

I actually kind of remember that arc... Well sort of

Gajeel gets a cool moment when he dunks the useless Holy and shadow dragon slayers

Lucy gets ditched by Aquarius to get her rear end totally kicked for the umpteenth time

Laxus beats up an entire guild by himself

That's about it actually
Erza kills a 100 monsters pretty much entirely off-screen

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I liked her more when it didn't seem like she'd be a love interest tbh

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It's not like I'm surprised she's joining the harem, I just thought the dynamic was nice before

I wish more harem stories gave their characters room to interract in non-romantic ways

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i could never get past how hosed up the premise of rokudou is.
I remember saying something similar and someone going "its ok, he takes her feelings seriously" lol

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Like 90% of harem stories are foregone conclusions from the start

Jitsu Wa is harem it just also happens to be good

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Marry Grave deserved better

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Pa's a liar

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

RatHat posted:

Is that an art fuckup or does she have Rayman hands?
she's essentially a powerful telekinetic who was born without arms

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

why resurrect the demon king when you have a perfectly good goddess you could use as a final boss

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

i wish Black Clover was more interesting because sword wizards are extremely my poo poo

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Twice's recent chapters are incredibly good

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

it's less body horror and more body comedy

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

Well MHA is really popular and the first two seasons consist of the main character, a child, constantly breaking his bones every time he uses his power. I imagine it's even more gruesome in the manga. The anime tones it down as best as it can but it's still hosed up if you think about it.
i stopped watching hunter x hunter after the episode where the 12 year old protagonist gets the vomit beaten out of him while everyone watches. i've heard nothing but praise for the show from people who watched it

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

you say it's a small step up from fanfiction but that's almost literally exactly what it is: self-insert fanfiction.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Grouchio posted:

If the age gap is centuries but both characters are above the age of 50 or 100, does it even matter anymore?
only if one of them looks like they're 12

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

But whoever bought can't really use it either because everyone knows who has. Trump can't write Xi died after a wall fell on him because the entire world will know he did it.
Trump literally just assassinated a foreign military leader and then bragged about it on twitter, what are you talking about

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

5 separate endings is lamer than literally any individual outcome

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Anyway i'm pleased that Uruka won, canonically

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I generally expect the first girl to win, so #3 winning is cool

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

dogsicle posted:

im going to read bleach
better you than me

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is fairy tail sequel any good

I never finished the original

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I read through the swimming friend ending, "that was pretty good", found out the author was doing an ending for each of them and decided nah, i'm good.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Rave Master is better than Fairy Tail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnJa2kZx5GY

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

I do actually kinda appreciate it. Red Hood basically going I don't want an ending I just want to continue is kinda depressing, but better than going "Everyone live happily ever after" or "Everyone dies the end"
still pretty salty about Marry Grave's ending

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

In the entirety of the manga (as much as I read anyway) Sakura had like one good fight and she wasn't even in control of her body for most of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

My impression of Black Clover the last time i cared was "this is a shonen by a guy who likes the big setpieces of shonen but hates the parts where they earn the big setpieces"

Its a shame because sword magic is extremely my poo poo