Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I’m really enjoying mashle but something in my heart says it’ll be cancelled before 20 chapters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I really hope mashle starts up a real arc soon, I feel like everything’s been set up or established enough for it now

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
New mashle chapter is was fun but not what I expected, mash is the god of shittalking

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Rigged Death Trap posted:

MAshle is very quickly growing on me and seems to be speeding towards its conclusion rather than drag things out.
Best to die to a gag manga, rather than live long enough to become a shonen battle manga.

Mashle’s strength is actually from being an alien

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

CodfishCartographer posted:

Still not sure on ghostwriter, just like every week. I was starting to get invested in how he'd improve White Knight, since the first chapter he did was slightly questionable, but then it jumped ahead six months?? I thought for a moment the series got canceled lol. Kind of a weird timeskip too, I would think him learning to improve White Knight while Aino worked on her new manga, but I guess maybe that's where it'll go now - the two manga vs each other. I really liked the "shadow" of his doubt talking back at him, why don't we get more of that??

ghostwriter had the best one shot i've read in a really long time and already squandered its potential which is ironic considering what the manga is about

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

A Sometimes Food posted:

So how long til Eichiro Oda rushes to "save" his career and keep him in Jump?

shonen jump set up that interview and also cleared watsuki to continue writing and selling volumes (and did 400k sales last year)

im sure oda is gonna point a gun to SJ's head and make them let act age continue too

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
His only real adult quality is lamenting on how much of a failure he is

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Professorjuggalo posted:

ghostwriter had the best one shot i've read in a really long time and already squandered its potential which is ironic considering what the manga is about

codman summed it up really well, a shame cause it coulda been amazing if it went another direction

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I want to believe high school is on some adult swim tilt with how obnoxiously up front it is with its badness and I loving love it. It's the freddy got fingered of the high school trope and every chapter it gets to live on is a miracle and piece of art in itself.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
And that’s ok! It’s really funny to me (and whoever at SJ gave it a green light) and I’m glad shonen jump took the chance on so many comedy series at once. When it gets cancelled I’m sure I’ll whine about the next manga that took its place like you are with boner collector or whatever

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I try to remember it as rock mage and gravity mage are mashle’s friends. this sword villain is the older brother of the kid that tried to set up mashle in like chapter 5 until he repented from the power of gags and mashle knee’ing teachers in the face (but I don’t think we’ve seen Finn’s power set because mashle went from explaining himself to the grand master into the gravity guy fight after all that). So the four main characters is mashle, blue haired gravity man, red hair’d rock dude and the final white streaked Finn kid

High school family is still holding up as the funniest gag manga I’ve read in a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

HenryEx posted:

Which one is the sister dude

Gravity man