Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mulderman posted:

I mean at this point Ogata feels more like a clumsy friend than a potential love interest.
Strike while the iron is hot Sekijou. Oh and do something about that room. You need to be less creepy.

Sekijou is gross, and also great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Ha, a brief sighting of Chadiyuki for the anime watchers

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mulderman posted:

Uruka is an adorable princess and should be treated as such.
This was the chapter in the manga that turned me around on her as a character. Before she was just loud and obnoxious. But her little back story and actions here made me like her a lot more.

Yes, she’s pretty great. Credit to the mangaka: all the characters, including side ones like best friend Sekijou, are all very likable. Ogata is probably the least so and that’s only because she’s boring, which isn’t too big a crime.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Clarste posted:

I will say though that Anya is even more adorable in Japanese and I can only hope I've managed to convey a fraction of that.

Daijoubu-masu. Ganbaru-masu.

Oh, are you translating it? Neat!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That was a nice little arc for Asumi in WCS.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

OGATA ARC?!?!?!?!

“NOODLES WENT BAD”

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
It's a good series and Botan is the best.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

chumbler posted:

I think the resolution was good, but needed more Sekijou. Let her be a real character in the group!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
If you like WCS it's worth reading the official translation of this latest chapter, the last page in particular is so much better than JB's...

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1002365

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Which is crazy. Dunno why the fanbase loves her so much.

And look at White Power Senpai over there.

edit: also where is Sekijou :mad:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

chumbler posted:

Nearly 5 times as many as the second place character. Sensei ending confirmed.

And you know, the voters really dropped the ball on the vote for the chapter setting and activity too. Come on, who doesn't want to see Nariyuki and Sensei have a cooking contest over Fumino's mother's grave?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mulderman posted:

There is no worst girl in We Never Learn.
Well except for Yuiga's sister. but she's not in the running anyways.

I'm not entirely fond of Noodles.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
New Bokuben.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/120/

Love that even in her wedding fantasies Uruka still has her swimming tan lines.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
In this week's Bokuben, Rizu is trying to escape her mascot role and become a lead character again!

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/124/page/1

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Shounen hero Uruka-chan

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Always nice to see Sekijou around.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1005643

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
welp, nice uruka chapter there, but back to sensei's rear end next week

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

i've decided that SHY is insanely good

I don't think it's there yet but I like it.

Nice volume 1 cover:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Rebooting Rizu is one of the best things the mangaka did.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/137/page/1

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Well poo poo. If it was truly their choice and not due to copyright claims I wish they'd have given us a heads up. I'm like 20 chapters behind in TPN and I would've liked to read them over the holidays.

Any way to get them legally? I used to have a WSJ subscription but after they changed to something else they stopped charging me and I don't even know what I need to buy now.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That sounds like the way to go then. Thanks!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Tsutsui is just rubbing it in at this point

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Kaja Rainbow posted:

I look askance at the very premise of the genre in the first place

That monster secrets manga would've been vastly better without the harem aspect that caused me to drop the series. If it had just been the guy and the vampire plus their quirky friends I'd have liked it far more

I'd say you're 100% right on this. The whole genre has a fundamental problem. But its best examples can be fun.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
The other thing about WNL is that it is so utterly shameless with its joke setups and camera angles that I can’t help but laugh along with the mangaka. Sometimes it’s not so much a romantic comedy as a romantic farce.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Endorph posted:

Anime only endings arent a bad thing really

They're great, if care is taken to set things up for them. Better to have something conclusively end than have fans wish for a second season that never comes.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Tsutsui is drawing Uruka like she got two years older over the last few chapters. She's out! :(

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
doki doki

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Grouchio posted:

This sucks this sucks this sucks balls.

This owns!

But it ain't over 'til it's over.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Let's be honest though, if Uruka is being true to herself she'll find some way to fumble this

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I really can't imagine anyone actually getting mad at WNL, it's the lightest pandering-est thing. It doesn't take itself too seriously and neither should anyone reading it!

chumbler posted:

I'm glad there will be timelines for everyone, but I still demand justice for Sekijou.

Well okay I agree with you there though.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Tsutsui to haters:

https://twitter.com/Taishi_Tsutsui/status/1236126213250281473?s=20

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Rizu route:
Sekijou still more interesting

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Teru's new friend in SHY is pretty cool

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You should all be nicer to Second Best Girl Rizu.

Second best in her own arc

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Dexo posted:

shout out to Rizu's ending being more about Seikujo.

It's amazing, he's just trolling the six or seven Rizu fans at this point.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mikl posted:

We Never Learn: it's hilarious how Rizu is basically a supporting character in Sekijou's story, while this arc was supposed to be about her.

So pretty much everyone agrees Rizu is a bottom-tier heroine, but her chapters being taken over by Sekijou is funnier than any joke Tsutsui put in this arc.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
WNL: lol, the four Rizu fans out there were probably losing their minds when Sensei out of nowhere! Here to steal Ogata's chapters now that Sekijou's gone! but I guess all's well that ends well.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mikl posted:

The Fumino arc started in We Never Learn and it's amazing how a single chapter is already more interesting and funny than Rizu's entire arc.

I thought nearly word for word the exact same thing.

Poor Rizu. And here she is again, reduced to being noodle girl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Arist posted:

Look what got delivered to me in time for this week's We Never Learn! :3:

I'm sad Fumino has to feel like this even in her own arc :smith:

:nice: