Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PerrineClostermann posted:

Have you fellows read about the LNs? There's a girl in there that you'd find very interesting. If I remember correctly, she was genuinely in love with Keima. Unfortunately, he had to capture her as she held a spirit. Once he captured her, her memories were erased...including her genuine feelings of love.

I'd honestly really like to see the manga tackle something like this. Even if by the mechanisms at play in the story Keima can keep himself somewhat emotionally detached from the relationships, it shouldn't be perfect. Getting so involved with a person and then just suddenly forgotten so many times has got to wear on a person, even with framing it the way Keima does. There have been some signs of it getting to him on occasion, but it hasn't really been explored much, and the thing with the goddesses kind of sidesteps the issue.

I know I'm probably asking for too much from a shounen comedy about a nerd who plays dating sims turning into Casanova in the war against demons.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Here's what she looks like, by the way:

I'd really like to read this LN, but I'll be learning Japanese never, so...

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
New chapter is up.

Kaori is creepy :catstare:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

That perfume feels a bit like an rear end-pull. Unless she's got some demon powers working for her, it just seems a bit...silly.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Man, I don't want to see this ending :(

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

That perfume feels a bit like an rear end-pull. Unless she's got some demon powers working for her, it just seems a bit...silly.

Maybe Wakaki is a fan of 'Perfume'? :v:

That being said, Kaori is really hosed up :stare:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Calling it now, she's a dog.

vvv This...actually makes me want to see the ending.

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 12, 2013

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Man, I don't want to see this ending :(

I like that this new girl is every bit as manipulative as Keima and that Keima doesn't get to control everything.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
OPSEC BREACH. :gonk:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Goddamn they did the series a disservice by skipping the Yui arc. Her scene in this was pure gold.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://www.mangareader.net/the-world-god-only-knows/236

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wonder if that reaction was genuine.

Keima doesn't have any more time jumps at his disposal, right?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Kaori is loving bonkers, goddamn :stare:

I wonder if Kaori's manipulation is gonna remain a part on 'normal' Tenri's love for Keima.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
In the next chapter, I fully expect Kaori to either bury an item in the ground with her bare hands or chase her own hair tail around in a circle or I will be disappointed. :colbert:

vvv I've had that feeling ever since I caught up to present print from the Goddess arc. It is traumatizing and I feel like the world is crumbling apart around me. vvv

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 19, 2013

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is it just me, or does it feel like this is getting dragged out? The last couple chapters feel like not much is going on.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Is it just me, or does it feel like this is getting dragged out? The last couple chapters feel like not much is going on.

That is the nature of the structure of this series, and I think it speaks positively to how good it is; every time I felt the slowdown in prior arcs the series managed to rekindle my interest just in the nick of time. I presume that when the arc is done and you compare it to the size and flow of the previous arcs it will be nearly identical.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
I like the fact its taking its time on this.

This whole plot arc gives a lot of insight on how Keima's timeline came about.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
If Haqua had gone back with Keima instead of Elsie, he'd have died by now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Quixzlizx posted:

If Haqua had gone back with Keima instead of Elsie, he'd have died by now.

Nah. Haqua when listening to Keima is far more competent than Elsie is. Her only problem is that early in the series she would question everything he did. Now she pretty much tows the line only making snarky quips and acting Tsundere around him.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Chapter 237 is out.

Page 13 may be one of the best pages ever.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm more of a fan of Page 1's "Hey, your page is almost up."

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
That page drove me wild, and this arc is driving all the characters crazy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This has been a really crazy arc so far. Also Keima is totally wrong here, Kaori's not a queen, she is clearly a wolf.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
I cant wait to see how Keima gets the golden ending for Romeo and Jullet.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

When Keima turns this all around on Kaori it's going to be so cathartic.

Or maybe this will be the one time he doesn't :ohdear:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
O man, I'm watching the Tenri Arc OVAS right now and just realized something. Tenri at the start of the current manga arc has no desires, so she doesn't have any gaps right? During the Tenri capture arc, Diana produces a weak loose soul that entered Tenri along with her during the loose soul escape. This whole arc with Tenri and Keima is to open a gap in Tenri's heart to allow for Diana to possess her.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

UchihaHirou posted:

O man, I'm watching the Tenri Arc OVAS right now and just realized something. Tenri at the start of the current manga arc has no desires, so she doesn't have any gaps right? During the Tenri capture arc, Diana produces a weak loose soul that entered Tenri along with her during the loose soul escape. This whole arc with Tenri and Keima is to open a gap in Tenri's heart to allow for Diana to possess her.

Look at this babby making the post of the thread right here

That falls in line with all the other things he's done in this whole super-arc lately, what with Dokuro's arc and Urara's arc and all. edit: I mean, being sent personally on the mission to create one's own present self and situation.

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 28, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

UchihaHirou posted:

Holy gently caress. :stare:

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

UchihaHirou posted:

Someone can already see the ending :smug:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

UchihaHirou posted:

:aaaaa:

The bad ending is the good ending?

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
I think the best "not noticed" thing so far is that we just saw some chapters ago that Ayumi fulfills two of the three conditions for a "marriage ending":

1) Destined since childhood - check. We saw that she's in the same school as Keima.

2) Proposal in a dramatic situation - check. Nothing more dramatic than attempting to save the world!

3) Kiss in a church with the words "Happy End" behind - Not there yet.

http://mangafox.me/manga/the_world_god_only_knows/v19/c183/5.html

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kal-L posted:

I think the best "not noticed" thing so far is that we just saw some chapters ago that Ayumi fulfills two of the three conditions for a "marriage ending":

1) Destined since childhood - check. We saw that she's in the same school as Keima.

2) Proposal in a dramatic situation - check. Nothing more dramatic than attempting to save the world!

3) Kiss in a church with the words "Happy End" behind - Not there yet.

http://mangafox.me/manga/the_world_god_only_knows/v19/c183/5.html

Wasn't there some sort of statement about the "first girl" in a series "winning" the main character? I believe she was the first one to interact with Keima in the series (chapter-wise). Makes for some fun discussion.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Wasn't there some sort of statement about the "first girl" in a series "winning" the main character? I believe she was the first one to interact with Keima in the series (chapter-wise). Makes for some fun discussion.

Wouldn't that be Elsie though?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zogundar posted:

Wouldn't that be Elsie though?

The first female character to interact with Keima is Nikaido (I think that was her name), the teacher. The next is Ayumi, who runs into him and apologizes.

e: Elsie appears first, though. She just takes awhile to actually show up at Keima's school.

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jul 29, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Now I really want to see Nikaido's ending :haw:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

The first female character to interact with Keima is Nikaido (I think that was her name), the teacher. The next is Ayumi, who runs into him and apologizes.

e: Elsie appears first, though. She just takes awhile to actually show up at Keima's school.

Strictly speaking, the very first female character to appear in the series is Chief Dokuro, or at least her skeletal hands, in the second panel of the first page of the first chapter - http://www.mangareader.net/120-5960-6/the-world-god-only-knows/chapter-1.html

Say it after me: Chief. Dokuro. Ending.

EDIT: She even interacted extensively with Keima during the Urara arc.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I'm pretty sure the "first girl wins" rule only counts for actual candidates, not "the very first female to appear on a panel".

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Strictly speaking, the very first female character to appear in the series is Chief Dokuro, or at least her skeletal hands, in the second panel of the first page of the first chapter - http://www.mangareader.net/120-5960-6/the-world-god-only-knows/chapter-1.html

Say it after me: Chief. Dokuro. Ending.

I am sold.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Petiso posted:

actual candidates

JosephWongKS posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Mio was actually the first girl. Her name was Tsumagawa Mio back in the one-shot/basically pilot-chapter of the series back in 2007.

• Locked thread