Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Yeah, Redhawk definitely takes liberties with translation, but not in the way you suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

The_Frag_Man posted:

There should really be a game based on this series. There's a lot of potential.. I can imagine plenty of tributes and poking fun at gameplay tropes etc.
I bet it'd be pretty good.
I'd play the hell out of a Stanley Parable version of a visual novel.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Since we're on the subject of subversive visual novels, in something of a funny coincidence, the creator of Hate Plus is working on a new game with a title that can only be a parody of those idiotic light novel titles we see so much. It even has the stereotypical anime double exclamation point. :allears:

The point seems to be that the game will acknowledge that you're really just manipulating people by gaming affection points.

If you think about it, part of Keima's growth as a character is developing the empathy to realise and care that what he's doing is wrong.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

L-O-N posted:

Since Chihiro liked him from the beginning, I don't think that matters.

Would be the only opportunity she'd ever get to truly gently caress with him.

• Locked thread