Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Zogundar posted:

tangential unrelated questions:

-Keima's dad: Friend or Foe? Saturn to Keima's Jupiter or used car salesman red herring?

-If the katakana for this character's name is "ツアー", ("Tour") why is that translated by Redhawk as "Gira"? Is this another case of the author having a creative romanization, or was Redhawk taking liberties with the translation? And if it was Redhawk, what else have they fiddled with? Does that mean I'm forced to live the rest of my life plagued with doubt and distrust of everything, and everyone?

Also Elsie's sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Remember when this was about dating sim parodies?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

buzmeg posted:

Pretty sure that making the school wallflower into The Most Popular Girl on Campus(tm) is a galge staple.

You need to play more games ... :colbert:

Truly, I have been floored by the almighty Wakaki :negative:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Actually I think I've got it. Little girl, rankings, ruthless gaming of the system...

This is a raising sim.

Hm... fights demons, is neglectful at best of his charge's desires, has a demon sidekick that he abuses... clearly this is all just leading up to Keima becoming Gendo Shinkicker.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

http://blog.wakakitamiki.coolblog.jp/?eid=1311103

Translator on /a/ posted:

Ranks 20 to 16:
20: Jun Nagase (18 votes)
18: Sumire Uemoto and Nanaka Haibara (21 votes)
17: Mio Aoyama (26 votes)
16: Minerva (28 votes)

Ranks 15 to 11:
15: Kusunoki Kasuga (35 votes)
14: Apollo (36 votes)
13: Minami Ikoma (51 votes)
12: Yui Goidou (57 votes)
11: Diana (83 votes)

Now for the top 10:
10: Tsukiyo Kujou (85 votes)
9: Trap Keima (90 votes, including 6 otes for the past arc version)
8: Chihiro Kosaka (114 votes)
6: Elsie de Lute Irma (176 votes, including 2 votes for the child version in the OVA)
6: Tenri AYukawa (176 votes, including (4 votes for the past arc version)
5: Shiori Shiomiya (199 votes)
4: Ayumi Takahara (200 votes)
3: Keima Katsuragi (201 votes, including 4 votes for the past arc version and 2 votes for the body-swapped version)
2: Haqua du Lot Herminium (221 votes)
1: Kanon Nakagawa (230 votes, including 2 votes for the child version in the OVA)

Next up will be two lotteries: one for the top 10 to decide 4 winners for the message papers and another one for the ones ranked 11 to 20 to decide one winner for the last message paper. Wakaki said they would be held soon.

As usual, the Japanese make the wrong choices.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kanon is complete garbage in every arc save her very first one where she was kind of funny.

It should be Keima>Yui>Mari>Crossdresser Keima>Haqua>the rest.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

These are the wrong answer because they are not Yui and thus unacceptable.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think it's probably just another ploy by Keima.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've never been very clear on what the connection between this Dokuro and the classic skullface even is. I don't think she's just Dokuro from the past because I think we've seen skullface in both periods, is she a golem based on Dokuro, are we supposed to even understand that?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've never really assumed that Akari and Nikado even had an ordinary buddy-demon relationship. They seem pretty divorced from the main system.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

loving finally we get some Elsister. Only been waiting for the majority of the manga for it!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well I can honestly say I wouldn't seen that coming ever!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well that's another theory confirmed.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've always pictured KeiDad as being a man who literally has no face.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That seems like a pretty bad thing.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Keima's bit was mildly funny.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Any ending that isn't Yui putting Keima in a dress is wrong anyway.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Eeeeeh. Yeah sure, that'll work manga. Just so long as it isn't Kanon (or worse, an Elsie romance) I guess I don't care.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah the legit contenders for most of the series I would say were Ayumi, Chihiro, Haqua, Tenri, and by sheer popularity with the Japanese fanbase, Kanon. Ayumi, Kanon, and Tenri ended up more or less lumped in with Yui, Shiroi, and the other one as a group so they were pretty much ruled out, and Haqua was sidelined completely when Keima went back in time and she went to hell, basically leaving them in two totally different manga. So that just left Chihiro or, if you're a horrible person/massive pessimist, Elsie, that latter of which thankfully didn't occur.

She's not Yui, but Chihiro works.

e:
Also for whoever was asking, the OMK /a/ shitstorm was twofold: there's a joke one about the twist involving who Brocolli's girlfriend is, and then there's the actual fight which is, just as it always is in romance/harem series, who "won" vs who should have won. In the case of OMK, the divide is the bully vs the crazy girl

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Body swap storyline, this is about the point I'd say a series is running out of ideas, but I figure there's plenty more good stuff ahead past this.

If you don't love Yui and Girl Keima then how do you live with yourself?

• Locked thread