Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
Me too

I miss the Stupid Reports thread having any posts in it as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
You guys see any good movies lately? I'd ask this in Cine D but fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Godzilla was okay. It had some high highs and some really stupid lows. The trailers try to trick you into believing that Bryan Cranston is in it, don't believe them.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

paragon1 posted:

You guys see any good movies lately? I'd ask this in Cine D but fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Godzilla was okay. It had some high highs and some really stupid lows. The trailers try to trick you into believing that Bryan Cranston is in it, don't believe them.

I heard Malificent was good but I haven't seen it yet.

If there is a movie out there that's better than a couple episodes of Louie I'd like to know what it is though. That show is loving great.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I'm just waiting for Guardians of the Galaxy. Spider-Man was alright and I'm not sure if Neighbors is still playing but that was pretty funny.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

paragon1 posted:

The Fault In Our Stars was pretty good, I saw it the other day. And as a bonus, CD hates it for the most part.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

paragon1 posted:

I promise that no matter how afraid of him you are SuperMechaGodzilla cannot hurt you, nor can the two pages of angry posts from people who are triggered by him that inevitably follow his every post.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I used to post here all the time.

Just saw Cheap Thrills. It's quite good but a little heavy.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Godzilla would've been a lot better if Pacific Rim hadn't come out a year ago. The action in the movie seemed so tame after seeing the over-the-top ridiculousness of Pacific Rim.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

kannonfodder posted:

Godzilla would've been a lot better if Pacific Rim hadn't come out a year ago. The action in the movie seemed so tame after seeing the over-the-top ridiculousness of Pacific Rim.

I really wish that Pacific Rim was the over-the-top ridiculous movie that fanboys praise it as rather than the movie we actually got: an hour-long training montage and a half-hour of Charlie Day goofing around with Hellboy, bookended by two slow murky Transformers-level fights and one actual ridiculous fun one.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I liked Pacific Rim a whole lot. :shrug:

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I promise that no matter how afraid of him you are SuperMechaGodzilla cannot hurt you, nor can the two pages of angry posts from people who are triggered by him that inevitably follow his every post.

No but both put together can make reading threads a chore a best.

Action Tortoise posted:

I'm just waiting for Guardians of the Galaxy. Spider-Man was alright and I'm not sure if Neighbors is still playing but that was pretty funny.

I'm pretty pumped for Guardians.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Watched the new(er) Judge Dredd movie, really good action flick, reminded me of Robocop. It's a shame it didn't do better at the box office, I would've liked to see sequels.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

paragon1 posted:

Watched the new(er) Judge Dredd movie, really good action flick, reminded me of Robocop. It's a shame it didn't do better at the box office, I would've liked to see sequels.

It blew away all expected sales for dvd and blu-ray, so it wasn't a flop. Just did poorly at the theatre. Yeah, sequels would be awesome.

From Wikipedia:
The theatrical gross made a sequel unlikely, but home media sales and fan efforts endorsed by 2000 AD's publisher Rebellion have maintained the possibility of a second film.

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 02:46 on Jun 10, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

paragon1 posted:

I haven't seen it yet but somebody posted a youtube of the slow-motion shots and wow. That death scene where she's smoking and falling out the window holy poo poo. Mind was fully blown thinking about going out like that.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Dredd is loving fantastic because it doesn't bullshit around with conspiracies, world domination, assassination plots, or any of that poo poo, it's just Judge Dredd, a sidekick, and a tenement full of gangbangers with guns, telling a story through balls-to-the-wall violence.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

syscall girl posted:

I haven't seen it yet but somebody posted a youtube of the slow-motion shots and wow. That death scene where she's smoking and falling out the window holy poo poo. Mind was fully blown thinking about going out like that.

the trailers made me worry that the slow motion effect would get overplayed really fast, but it's done well. it's got an Escape from New York "behind dystopian enemy lines" feel, if you're into that.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Action Tortoise posted:

the trailers made me worry that the slow motion effect would get overplayed really fast, but it's done well. it's got an Escape from New York "behind dystopian enemy lines" feel, if you're into that.

I am very into Escape from New York, and also LA.

There is this weird new channel on our cable package that is called BYUTV that is literally the LDS channel straight out of Salt Lake City and in between their home-grown skit comedy shows (I have no idea) they show old Kurt Russell movies such as The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes and The Barefoot Executive.

They're just so darn wholesome I can't stop watching them and then comparing them to Deathproof, or The Thing or even Stargate. That old man has been in movies since forever.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

syscall girl posted:

Those scenes are even better when you know how the drug that makes that effect happen works and think about it for a minute.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

paragon1 posted:

Those scenes are even better when you know how the drug that makes that effect happen works and think about it for a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHLR3faI7lU&t=37s

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I uh, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

paragon1 posted:

I uh, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

I took an ambien and then continued to post. I can't figure out what I was trying to say either. :ohdear:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Another good movie is The Wolf of Wall Street. It'd been quite a while since something had made me laugh quite that hard.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dr Snofeld posted:

Attention PYF, it is not our job to probate people for having a different opinion from you.

Yeah well, that's just your opinion. :smug:

USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
i was bowling and suddenly got neck cramps. i couldnt move my head without my neck seizing up. Tramadol and Voltarol cream worked so i could sleep.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Speaking of movies, Tim's Vermeer is very good. Currently rated 89% on Rotten Tomatoes, and the two people I've loaned it to really liked it.

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS_HUWs9c8c

quote:

Tim Jenison, a Texas based inventor, (Video Toaster, LightWave, TriCaster) attempts to solve one of the greatest mysteries in all art: How did 17th century Dutch master Johannes Vermeer ("Girl with a Pearl Earring") manage to paint so photo-realistically - 150 years before the invention of photography? The epic research project Jenison embarks on to test his theory is as extraordinary as what he discovers. Spanning a decade, Jenison's adventure takes him to Delft, Holland, where Vermeer painted his masterpieces on a pilgrimage to the North coast of Yorkshire to meet artist David Hockney and eventually to Buckingham Palace, to see the Queen's Vermeer.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

This guy apparently edited every one of his posts to this. Seems like a current forum event worth asking about (terrible awesome meltdown or something?)

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Xander77 posted:

This guy apparently edited every one of his posts to this. Seems like a current forum event worth asking about (terrible awesome meltdown or something?)

They were doxxed by SASS and their family was contacted and informed about a variety of personal issues that had been mentioned in their posts on SA.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
Does it really count as doxxing if you post everything about yourself in every post you make

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Dex posted:

Does it really count as doxxing if you post everything about yourself in every post you make

I don't remember Zenigata ever posting the phone number of their family, so yeah, gently caress off.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
Thank you, for the reply.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

SybilVimes posted:

They were doxxed by SASS and their family was contacted and informed about a variety of personal issues that had been mentioned in their posts on SA.

Wow sass still does that poo poo?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Wow sass still does that poo poo?

I dunno about 'still', this was back around April or so I think it was; maybe they've grown up since then :downsbravo:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Did Inspector Zenigata post E/N threads or something? I don't ever remember him/her posting anything personal. Either way, that's some petty douche behavior right there.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
They posted about being trans when it was relevant (or usually when it was relevant) which is really offensive to some people.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
oh poo poo what if somebody know i have autistm fricking asberger poo poo life is over

(post sponsored by laphroaig)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just watched Snowpiercer and it's a good movie. I don't know if they actually did it but there was talk of them cutting away some bits off the end for the US release. My guess is it had something to do with the fact that the hero of the movie. e: Sorry, redacted. Everyone hovers on the spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6UmqNuMdY4

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 02:57 on Jun 28, 2014

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuCjn_A44pY

I'm gonna find info on Billy Smith someday.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Jerry Cotton posted:

I just watched Snowpiercer and it's a good movie. I don't know if they actually did it but there was talk of them cutting away some bits off the end for the US release. My guess is it had something to do with the fact that the hero of the movie. e: Sorry, redacted. Everyone hovers on the spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6UmqNuMdY4

I thought we were getting the director's cut?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

paragon1 posted:

I thought we were getting the director's cut?

Like I said I don't really know. Some (on-line) sources I found said one thing and others another.

e: Jesus it was Tilda Swinton as Margaret Thatcherthe evil woman. I knew she seemed familiar. Great comedic performance in a dark-as-poo poo action movie.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Doesn't matter, there aren't any showings near me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

paragon1 posted:

Doesn't matter, there aren't any showings near me :(

Well you can order it on DVD or Blue Ray but gently caress me it's expensive.

e: Most of the non-English releases also have the English sound track. I think mine was ItalianFrench. And I guess it's expensive because it's fairly new - I usually only buy movies from bargain bins :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Jun 28, 2014

• Locked thread