Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
EDIT: WHOOPS Talking about mock threads is just inviting bad posting, my bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

You Are A Elf posted:

Every job I held since I was 18 was physically demanding with me shoveling forklift buckets full of sand or stacking heavy poo poo on pallets and shrink-wrapping them day in and day out for years which made me quite agile and fit. Then, I got a cushy job and along with it got man-tits and love handles. Looked at my moobs recently and told myself enough is enough. I started eating better and less and walk for an hour or more every morning. I've lost 14 pounds in two weeks :toot:

I've lost a ton of weight in the last year, but I have absolutely no muscle. I tried to hop a fence a few months ago and it was just embarrassing because I have no strength in my upper body at all.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I work for a major home improvement company as a loader/lifter. My trapezius muscles have gotten noticeably swole, it's great.
Does toast, butter, and then more toast count as a sandwich?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Only if the butter is still in stick form.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Lifted weights for the first time today, felt the burn, burn was good and satisfying :allears:

SHARK WEEK, HOWDY HOWDY HOWDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C25l1SkYzb0

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
This is truly what Dorner was referring to in his manifesto.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

VanSandman posted:

I work for a major home improvement company as a loader/lifter. My trapezius muscles have gotten noticeably swole, it's great.
Does toast, butter, and then more toast count as a sandwich?

Heavy physical work was the best - back around 2000-01 I worked for a furniture company, unloading trailers full of all sorts of poo poo. We had 3 sections of bays set up with 3 docks each, one for bedding, one for stuff like couches, recliners, and such, and the last one was for the heaviest stuff: solid wood furniture and sometimes marble furniture. When I started the job I was around 190 and pretty bulky, and by the time summer hit, the combination of hauling furniture and working out (plus diet changes) had me down to a slim but muscular 175. Any physically demanding job is awesome when it comes down to it, I work in IT now but I still work out regularly, the difference being that I'm just stronger and more muscular (and a tad chubbier) at 227. Working on dropping some fat though now that the nice weather is here, gotta get out and bike more :)

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Which is the best mario game?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Inevitable posted:

3D 2D RPG or spinoff?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Inevitable posted:

Main series? Mario 64. Spin-offs? Mario Kart: Double Dash.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
3D Land.

:cmon:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

doki doki panic

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Super Paper Mario

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Suzuki Method posted:

Super Paper Mario

Haha, nice troll. Nobody liked that game.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

You're right, I actually like SMB3 the most. :(

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
Mario is Missing.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Mario Paint.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
All the ones in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4jsmAL8bkQ

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I bought new Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS but haven't played it because I've been re-watching The Sopranos marathon-style while also catching up on current tv, console games, and other stuff, working long hours, writing, reading classic literature so I can affect being an intellectual, and shitposting my bad crap on the internet.

My question is, should I actually turn on the 3DS now that I've opened the package and put the game in?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Only after you perform a few ritual sacrifices for it, for the sake of improving your understanding of more esoteric cultures.

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

Suzuki Method posted:

Super Paper Mario
There are not enough words in the English language to describe how big of a hard-on I have for this series. This series, for me, is what Final Fantasy is for other people. I had a Mario wedding. I'm planning a Mario tattoo. The designs I've come up with for our future nursey are all Mario themed.

I couldn't be more goons.txt re: Mario, but gently caress it, that plumber has my heart.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Luigi's Mansion. Anyone says otherwise I'll assume you are asking for a fight.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The best Mario game is Mario 64 because if you leave the controls alone Mario will start listing his favourite foods under his breath in a drowsy trance and it reminds me of PYF.

Also it was amazing for its time.

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012
Super Mario Bros. 3 is a perfect game and the best Mario game there is.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I'm going to start a "PYF Mad Magazine fold-in covers" thread and at the end of the week I'm going to report everyone for madposting and get them all sharkbanned. :unsmigghh:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Inevitable posted:

Donkey Kong :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeXDNg7scyU
(Yes, I know this isn't the pristine, original version.)

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011

prefect posted:

Donkey Kong :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeXDNg7scyU
(Yes, I know this isn't the pristine, original version.)

:mrapig: I can't believe you'd post such anti-men, anti-rights filth on this message board.

But now that we're talking about Mario, where did Wario come from?

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Stargate posted:

:mrapig: I can't believe you'd post such anti-men, anti-rights filth on this message board.

But now that we're talking about Mario, where did Wario come from?

The game boy classic Super Mario Land 2. Is the inverted initial the Japanese equivalent of the goatee?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

jalopybrown posted:

The game boy classic Super Mario Land 2. Is the inverted initial the Japanese equivalent of the goatee?

His name is warui (bad) + Mario. His name is literally "bad Mario".

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

While we're talking about Mario, I want to share Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing because it never fails to make me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6PxRwgjzZw

I miss Mario Party a lot. I only ever had the first one, and I remember hurting my palm playing those ones where you had to rotate the control stick really fast. I should pick up some other ones.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
My favorite video game is Donkey Kong Country II Diddy's Kong Quest .

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Well, it finally happened, there's a new drama thread.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Haha, nice troll. Nobody liked that game.

I liked that game tho

~so fuckin dark~

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

Since we're discussing Mario, and I'm sure goons will just love this, have some pictures from my goony, goony wedding!*

Reception dress with cake (It was over 90 degrees that day; even changing into regular summer clothes we were melting)

Our cake (small wedding)

My dad making scary faces in the cut-out picture thing we made, complete with teeny-tiny Peach arms

Please do not blame my husband for this. This was all my idea.

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Is a meat patty something or nothing?

Suzuki Method posted:

I miss Mario Party a lot. I only ever had the first one, and I remember hurting my palm playing those ones where you had to rotate the control stick really fast. I should pick up some other ones.

Apparently in Mario Party 9 all of the players travel the map together in one car, rather than traveling the board individually like, you know, pretty much every board game of all time. Such a baffling change to make eight sequels into the series.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

bunnybean posted:

Since we're discussing Mario, and I'm sure goons will just love this, have some pictures from my goony, goony wedding!*

Reception dress with cake (It was over 90 degrees that day; even changing into regular summer clothes we were melting)

Our cake (small wedding)

My dad making scary faces in the cut-out picture thing we made, complete with teeny-tiny Peach arms

Please do not blame my husband for this. This was all my idea.

Welcome to night crew

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
It's not a steampunk wedding, but it'll do?

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Mr. Boogie posted:

Apparently in Mario Party 9 all of the players travel the map together in one car, rather than traveling the board individually like, you know, pretty much every board game of all time. Such a baffling change to make eight sequels into the series.

What the gently caress. Literally mad right now.

E: Wow you weren't joking

wikipedia posted:

A new form of gameplay was introduced in this game, retiring the old format seen in the prior eight titles: players move all at once through the board in a vehicle

That's not a board game. That's about as much of a board game as loving Candyland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Suzuki Method posted:

What the gently caress. Literally mad right now.

E: Wow you weren't joking

That's not a board game. That's about as much of a board game as loving Candyland.

Don't you loving talk poo poo about candyland you sugar-coated shithead, I will drown you slowly in the molasses swamp and slit your throat, then hang you upside down from the lollipop woods until every drop of sucrose drains out

I will leave you there, your soul eternally damned, lost forever to wander the loving lollipop woods, and I will never draw a blue card

• Locked thread