Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Cute animals are still good though.

You got it, boss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Meat and or cheese between bread is a sandwich.

Meat and or cheese between pastries (i.e. a Luther or a McGriddle) is technically a pie.

No, pies are by definition baked goods (as in: the ingredients must be baked with the pastries). But a McGriddle is definitely not a sandwich, either.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Urdnot Fire posted:

Now you got me thinking about calzones again and whether pizza crust counts as bread. If so, calzones really would be considered sandwiches and pizza open-faced sandwiches :psyduck:

The culinary arts must have been so much simpler before the sandwich, no wonder the chickencheese caused such an uproar earlier.

I think the pizza could be considered an open face sandwich, but a calzone is not a sandwich. It's a turnover.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

The olive is just garnish, it doesn't disqualify the sandwich from being a sandwich.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Tacos are just tidy nachos and don't belong in the sandwich subcategories at all.

And calzones are a subsection of Strombolis, which are the cousin of both pizza and wraps.

Wraps, of course, being a burrito for fancy lads, while burritos are themselves just a rolled tortilla, which is merely an edible plate.

Other items in the edible plate family include chips and crackers.

So a sandwich is defined by items BETWEEN BREAD. Whereas all other bread/carb bases/substitutes are defined by the carb-based item under or around their toppings or fillings.

Come on, people. A child could figure this out.

I would agree with you but Merriam-Webster includes "one slice of bread covered with food" as definition b for sandwich. :shrug:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Mario Paint.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

jalopybrown posted:

Who narrates the US Planet Earth, do you get the soothing voice of David Attenborough?

No we do not, because nothing it right in this world.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

The only good Donkey Kong game is Donkey Kong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

VanSandman posted:

Only the Pauline version.

I think you will find that her original form as Lady in the Japanese version is decidedly superior. :smug:

• Locked thread