Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I work for a major home improvement company as a loader/lifter. My trapezius muscles have gotten noticeably swole, it's great.
Does toast, butter, and then more toast count as a sandwich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Trauma Tank posted:

Can't polygamist wives have multiple husbands? Or is that one of those one-way-street deals?

One way street. Now, if you legalized polygamist gay marriage.... :getin:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

GruntyThrst posted:

The only good Donkey Kong game is Donkey Kong.

Only the Pauline version.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I prefer Reese's fun size peanut butter cups to the full size version. Does anyone agree with me?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Soon we will have enough Latin derails to have a PYF Latin derail thread.
:getin:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Francostein posted:

It's funny to read all the dumb, horrible retarded poo poo on reddit like that one forum where they advise other nerds to treat girls like zelda bosses in order to do naughty/immoral things with them, but goons seem to feel the need to one up each other with their outrage against the loving place. So stop :psygonk:'ing or whatever and just grab a bag of popcorn as you enjoy the poo poo show.

Yeah this.
My favorite slap fight is an Internet slap fight.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Coffee And Pie posted:

I don't care.

I don't.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Pants: Good idea or bad idea?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

cheerfullydrab posted:

Doesn't anyone think that catfish tastes like mud?

The best fish is a crab.

Crabs aren't fish, you sea-racist.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Francostein posted:

I use it for posting about 80% of the time since I'm always trying to kill a few seconds at a time in between poo poo at work. This is also why my posts rarely exceed two runon sentences or about 50 words.

Don't you mean in between shits?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
So it all comes down to the alpha and the omega shits.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

NienNunb posted:

My least favorite bodily ailment is this nasty suburn on my shoulders. I go to the beach for the first time since Hurricane Sandy happened, and I put on the wrong kind of sunscreen. I know the aloe vera is working, but it still sucks.

Aloe Vera doesn't do poo poo.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Kind of a poo poo wizard, though. Never one hint of thaumaturgical power.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

omnibobb posted:

Yes. I was showing him what an unpatriotic traitor I am. But you are right.

Does the government know you post here?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

omnibobb posted:

Oh yeah, I totally conceded that point.
Re: liches; I am medical administration so my military training totally dies qualify me for this situation.

You have 'secret' level clearance, right? Isn't that basically 'we want to be able to jail anybody that prints this, but any government with a halfway decent intelligence department will know it already?'

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Penguingo posted:

I'm from Jersey and I'm popular for the high butterfat content of my milk and the lower maintenance costs attending my lower bodyweight, as well as my genial disposition. So I don't think I'm an rear end in a top hat.

You make some good chocolate milk, I know that much.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Trauma Tank posted:

I'm not sure that's gonna be that much cheaper, and at least the fish have the benefit of being a really cool living lava-lamp, while the TV just kinda sits there when you're not using it.

Having said that, my favourite pets are dogs, because they're just so drat happy to have you throw a thing really far away for them to bring it back for you to throw again and I am amused by simple things.

Dogs are amused by even simpler things. :3:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
This isn't my favorite useless thread now that it's been taken over by chili-lovers.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Trauma Tank posted:

I think you've just proven that VanSandman isn't a person.

Nooooo my cover is broken.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

RG3 posted:

I posted this in TFF, but I will share with you guys.

Here is my AMERICAN Bulldog:

Why is your dog pink? Cute dog though, would give belly rubs and call him silly names in baby talk.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I loving love those Fiber One fart bars.

I ate one before bed once and farted myself awake like a dog.

Oh god
Why can't I stop laughing

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Tiggum posted:

This is also one of the great things about eating tiny octopuses.

Octopodes. Also I like teriyaki wings. Who's with me?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I post too much about pew pew spacemans in the book barn. :downs:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
My favorite thing is how PYF has gotten a hell of a lot funnier these last few months.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I miss my e-ink nook. And Noni? You're a god-blessed patriot for what you did. I'm going to go find a bald eagle and salute it now, I'm so inspired.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Crow Jane posted:

The only time I was ever flashed by a stranger was at a club in DC.

So people you know flash you pretty regularly I take it?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I've never been on jury duty, but I assume if I just scream "more blood for the blood god" they'll just let me go home.

Nah, you have to add "Skulls for the skull throne!" or they keep you for not being crazy enough.

Edit: Dollars to donlans EPW's posting with a new account.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Tiggum posted:

Kangaroos tend to be pretty big, even if you're used to them you still notice them. In Melbourne I never see any, but my parents live in Bendigo (about 100,000 people and 80kmē) and there have been kangaroos hanging around near their house a few times recently. You don't see them all the time, but they do wander about in town a bit. I'd say that outside of the major cities they're uncommon enough that you'd point them out to a child but not take any particular notice of them yourself, unless you live out in the country where you'd see them all the time.

Cheap (minced kangaroo is about $8/kg compared to $14/kg for lean minced beef from Coles), lean and delicious. I get kangaroo rather than beef almost every time. Makes the best lasagne.

It's kinda stringy though. How do you cook it?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Tiggum posted:

Stringy? I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I haven't had any problems cooking kangaroo. I generally get the Macro Meats mince, which I cook in a big frying pan with some onion, garlic, herbs, etc. and then mix with canned tomatoes to make a pasta sauce. The steaks and fillets are also good, you can just slice or dice those and use them in whatever you'd normally put beef in. And the burgers are great, just cook them like any other burger. I'm not keen on the sausages though.

Tough, chewy. Kinda gamey tasting. Would it work in a crock pot?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

prefect posted:

Stew and chili are fantastic. (And both invented by poor folks, so suck on that richos.)

Other food invented/originally consumed by poor people: Ribs. Lobster.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

syscall girl posted:

They used to have laws that said lobster couldn't be served in institutions (schools and prisons I guess) more than twice a week because it was considered inhumane.

And then they paired it with butter and went on a rampage.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I can't tell if we're being funny or not but I like Florence + the Machine and Lana Del Rey, as well as pop/classical instrumental fusion bands like Bond. I probably have boring music interests mainly because I don't even know the name of some of the weird stuff I've liked.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

The only TV show my dad watches is South Park. Last year for Christmas, I got him a Kidrobot South Park blind box that had Chef in it, and he told me that it was his favorite present out of all of them. My dad is, for the record, pushing 70 and a college professor.

A professor? East or West coast? Wait, my mistake, it must be somewhere in the middle.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

syscall girl posted:

My Nana bought me a ICHC book with pictures of cats, years ago because she knew I had a cat. I guess they sell them at airports or something.

Semi-related, I came home for my birthday because my Mom had made a nice meal for the family and Nana brought up the Treyvon Martin murder because she is old and old people often have a weird racism and I was just going to deal with it because she's in her 80's but then my Dad chimed in with "Bill O'Reilly said..." and I just walked out.

I am afraid of white people, especially the ones who are freaking huge egotistical monsters, and who physically, emotionally and verbally attack as well as sexually harass their own guests and employees.

All I'm saying is if I saw "papa bear" strolling down the street in my neighborhood after dusk I would feel intimidated. If he came at me (looked at me funny) I would find a sharp stick or something and defend myself by going for a major artery. Then I would eat his skittles and eventually try to find a pay phone (this could take hours) to report an assault on my person.

Sorry for this "poo poo that didn't happen" but it was a pretty sorry end to a nice dinner. In actuality I just went out for a smoke and felt like poo poo.

I love my dad but gently caress FOX news and right wing radio.

Have you tried the 'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner' routine?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

A Pinball Wizard posted:

My dad watches nothing but House Hunters. Endless reruns of House Hunters. When I visit he'll chat about "Did you see the new Suits? Did you see Colbert last night?" but the TV is always on HGTV, and HGTV is always showing House Hunters. It's bizarre.

That's my mom. Compare contrast goon moms/dads ITT. Would they be a good poster here? My mom certainly has that vicious self-righteous streak over pets to become a PI superstar.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

You Are A Elf posted:

You know you're officially a boring adult when you get giddy as a kid on Christmas morning at the prospect of owning mundane things like a new laundry basket. Sterilite for life, sons.

Whatup, good laundry basket haver. My friends have these flimsy plastic ones that break if you look at them funny and soon become useless.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Write angry letters to the editor of your local paper accusing all bronies of being pedophiles because its probably true.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Clean your goddamn table you gross motherfucker.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Hey Synthy! Why do you have a snack shack on forums.somethingawful.com?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Call Now posted:

I like apples, but I'm allergic to them :( Where does it put me?

Shtalin.

• Locked thread