Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Leperflesh posted:

I think you can safely assume that the "actual cost of shipping" a big heavy box of Bones, plus customs fees, from the US, is going to be somewhere between "really expensive" and "outrageously expensive." I'd budget at least like $50 for it.

I officially declare that a problem for future neon to deal with. Missed Bones I, in on wave 4 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

NinjaDebugger posted:

Sorry, the gas spore was the best. Looks like a beholder, but when you jump it, it loving explodes. It's the ultimate in "So you thought you had the upper hand!" bullshit.

The best part is doing it twice. "Oh, it's just a gas spore, let's do the usual guys"

This is why gas spores are better than mimics, because ordinary treasure chests don't eat you.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

The Dark Project posted:

Thing of it is, how will people know how much items weigh until they are made in the Bones plastic? I don't know how they're going to be able to give an accurate shipping cost for most items until they've been tooled and made ready for shipping.

Well, it'll be an estimate no matter what, but if they know the volume of a given mini it should be easy enough to estimate the weight of the thing.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

So for those of you who were in on Bones I, how long after the KS closed did they give to shuffle your add-ons around?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

It took a long time, because they had to write their own survey tool thingy. I think it was a good 8 weeks or more? I assume they'll use the same tool this time, though, so it'll probably be a shorter wait.

No, I meant time between when the pledge manager rolls out out and when they locked it down. I'm probably going to be doing a fair bit of post-KS adding on, since this thing ends the same day as a local con, so my Bones money and con money are sharing the same pool of fun money*, so depending on how late I can keep adding on out of a different month's entertainment budget, that would be nice.

*I apologize for the emphasis on fun money here, but I would like to pre-empt the Leperflesh lecture about budgeting and make it clear that all money involved is pre-allocated entertainment money.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Alright, I've searched back through my emails. Reaper Bones I update #75 was the last email that mentioned that you can still use their backer tool to add money to your pledge. It was sent on October 10, 2012.

The pledge manager became available with Update #69, sent out on Sept. 28, 2012. In that email, they specifically said that it would need to be locked down within ten days, because they were already running behind schedule for getting production going. My expectation is that this time around, we'll probably get more time.

Okay, thanks. That should work out all right, all told.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, I actually quite like the back half of the expansion, now that it's been revealed, I think. What a pain, haha.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

JackMann posted:

EDIT: Someone was asking about how long the pledge calculator is expected to be open. Reaper said it should stay up until December 31. You'll be able to change your pledge around and add funds up until that time.

Gonna add on so many tiny plastic mans.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah well if they wanted me to do that the wouldn't end the Kickstarter on the same day as the biggest regional con of the year starts.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Presumably the same reason they don't use any of the OGL names even when they could (rust monsters for instance). I'd take a guess at it being because they don't want to risk it - look, for instance, at the whole snafu with Rusty & Co - WotC C&D'd the creator, despite him having done absolutely nothing wrong, and probably would have forced him to stop doing his entirely legitimate and cool project had he not got lucky finding a good lawyer who would (apparently) work pro bono. That poo poo isn't worth the risk of using the real names for things when it's perfectly obvious from their appearance what they are to anyone who actually cares. Because the D&D wing of WotC are fuckwits who wouldn't know good PR if you slapped them with it.

Going by how a character name changed afterwards, I wonder how much of that issue came from the snakegirl formerly known as Yuan-Tiffany, because yuan-ti are 'product identity'.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Difficult to tell all the details, but I'm pretty sure it originated around his plush rusty the rust monster kickstarter, actually.

That's what attracted the attention, sure, but given the plushies got fulfilled (and are adorable) and are still available, I think, if there's any stock left, I suspect that's where the actual problem was.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Weirdo posted:

According to another forum, the two barbarians added to the core set are guest sculpts from the gents over at Hasslefree miniatures, so the nudity makes a bit more sense considering their range.

Too bad they didn't go for one of their copyright-skirting figures instead, but I'm guessing reaper doesn't want to chance it.

Well, he was also listed as the sculptor in the very update that announced the barbarians. I dunno, I like his work on the whole-- not everything, by any stretch, but he's got a lot of models I do like.

I don't even know that I dislike the barbarian woman in a vaccuum (the look works for me as a barbarian) or as part of the Bones set as a whole (one model with a boob out of this pile is a reasonable proportion to me), it's just when she's directly placed in a set with the male barbarian that I have an issue with her pose. I feel like it's primarily a comparative issue rather than an intrinsic one.

So while she's probably one of the ones I'll actually paint, the male of the set, if I paint him at all, will probably be kept nowhere near her.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Lord Frisk posted:

God drat, I want a tarrasque. When do the actual funds get withdrawn? I may have to work this into the budget.

Oct 26, 6pm CDT. Got until the end of the year to settle up and add on though.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

They censored the nipple on the barbarian lady, but the snakelady's DD-cups are nippled out like whoa. Nipple censorship or not doesn't bother me (though the model does not thrill me) but make up your mind, geez.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I like how they gradually changed from 'knight for scale' to just going with the flow and it's 'Sir Forscale' even on their images now, not just in talk about him.

The best stretch goal really should be to include him, though, poor guy. Left out of all the big parties.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

And there's the pie goal. :toot:

Oh haha they just did it right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M9Qv9bm-MM

neongrey fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 26, 2013

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Pfff, you've got a whole shelf up top there, you just need to reach a little.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

That is not the pledge manager, that is the ks survey. You should probably submit it.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I missed the first KS, but couldn't afford to get quite as much as I wanted, not with needing to pay shipping to Canada. Still, picked up this:

quote:

2013 Core Set ($100) x1
Mouslings ($10) x1
Gelatinous Cube ($10) x1
Dragons Don't Share ($35) x1
Shipping 41.63

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, I'm in for a buck now cause I don't have a lot extra but I'm expecting to have some free cash in a few weeks.

Not sure if I'll have Tiamat extra, but you know, my Dragons Don't Share box looks kind of lonely right now...

• Locked thread