Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Wow, some of you went actually insane. By comparison, I was just a little crazy:

vampire base level

fire giants
frost giants
undead giant
fire giant warriors
forces of nature
frost wyrm
deep dwellers
spiders
orcpocalypse

paint set 1
paint set 2
paint set 3
paint set 4

sophie trade
case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Captain Invictus posted:

Nonsense. This isn't crazy at all. :getin:

As an aside, I am selling the Vampire sets, as well as a handful of "every single thing" groups if folks are interested. I'll knock a decent amount off what I'm selling them for elsewhere, PM me if interested. Probably making an SA-Mart thread soon for it as well.

The "every single thing" would include Vampire + every figure addon, plus a case, plus possibly paints. No Sophie models though.

Yeah, I was sorta referring to you in particular, I saw your post in the other thread. I understand it's a totally different situation as far as what you're up to, but still, jeebus. When the packers see your order, they're going to do a double or triple take, and probably walk it back to get it verified at LEAST once.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

e: Whoops, answered

So long story short, Reaper really likes you :)

I might be interested in an extra vampire set but really, I have to get my grubby mitts on my own before I start buying even more.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 29, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Man, now that I know they've started shipping, I'm really jonesin' for some bonesin'.

I feel like a big RPG adventure based on all the dudes in the vampire set (with optional sidequests for add-ons?!) would be in order. :suicide:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'm looking forward to trying to embed LEDs in the bottoms of those translucent undead/elemental ones. :3:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Everything I've heard says that you can actually get away without the resistor on a watch battery because they have such a high internal resistance. That's what I did for my glowing-rune standing stones, just wrapped an LED on to a 2032 and tucked it up inside the thing. They'd burn nice and bright for hours and hours and hours.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Wait, what? Paint? I was just going to declare them all to be Casper-esque ghosts of the creatures in question. "Oh, that? That's not a fire giant. That's a friendly fire giant ghost."

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ooh, people are starting to get their orders? Exciting!

As for the detail/contrast/painting thing, it'd be nice to see two of the same figures side by side, one primed, the other not. That might nicely help show the difference in how the material can mess with your eye.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sophie nicely became an extra case for (part of) the pile of minis. It worked out so well, it was like destiny!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

I try not to buy miniatures that would literally make me feel uncomfortable if any of my friends or family saw them. Like for instance a naked motorcycle sex demon.

Clearly you just need new friends/family.

thespaceinvader posted:

I could've sworn the basic KS one wasn't naked, but looking back, it does seem I'm wrong. E: no, just almost naked. You had to specifically order the nude one. Reaper :arghfist:
The nude one was the "urban legend" Sophie that came with a different pledge level than vampire, I think.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

Watching that guy saw away at a piece of sprue with a serrated folding pocket knife was making me cringe. There's one point where you can clearly see the figure mash and twist against the table as its base folds over, ugh.

I suspect it'll take a while for people to realize how to work with this relatively alien material. On the other hand, what other material that's currently in play would you use such a knife on? V:downs:V

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You know, honestly, if you write them a nice little email saying, "Guys, my rear end is getting shipped out in a couple months, is there any chance my box can get bumped up in the queue?" they may very well accommodate you.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Since the number of dollars you contributed to the kickstarter seems to be the only factor that matters to him, I propose Reaper offers a poll, wherein the weight of your vote is directly proportional to the amount you spent on the project. The options will be:

1) Everything else should be put on hold until Dipshit's order is processed
2) Everything will be handled according to plan, Dipshit's order will be processed when his turn comes up
3) Everything will be handled according to plan, except Dipshit's order will be the very last to be processed

My prediction of the results:
1) 600 points
2) 100,000 points
3) 3,300,000 points

Let the money decide! :v:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Just leave those bases on and set them in hollow bases, fill with greenstuff.

Otherwise, an exacto should take it right off, the plastic cuts pretty easily.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Use Cthulhu as a piece of terrain, upon which battle must be waged. Standing on different locations provides different bonuses/penalties. :suicide:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Captain Invictus posted:

If folks are still looking for a Vampire-level set, I've sold a bunch since putting them up for sale but still have six left in stock, so let me know if you're interested before they're all gone!

Man, some retarded part of me wants to buy another kit, but I don't think I should be spending even MORE money on minis when I already have more coming than I'll ever paint.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

edit: oh weird this is the Reaper thread. For some reason I thought we were in the general modeling thread. Sorry for the derail, guys, this is obviously not relevant to Reaper at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e54m6XOpRgU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'm just hoping for an order in my favor. Because this isn't already a sick enough deal yet. :pervert:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, I imagine that'll happen. If I got my order and it had a big error, honestly, I'd report it. Like, a dragon showed up that I didn't ask for, I'd be fair. I'm pretty sure they'd just say, "Lucky you!" but I'd feel better. If it were a small error, though, like a double-kobold bag or something? It'll cost them more to answer the phone than to just accept the extra grunt. :)

Similarly, if I'm missing one or two little dudes, I won't care. If I'm missing any of the extras I asked for, of course, that's different.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh man, NOVA marine #4 is the poo poo, man, if you don't get #4, you might as well not have ordered the kit!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

AlternateAccount posted:

The paperwork in the box specifically says that if you got extra poo poo to just take it and enjoy it, they don't need to know.

Oh, that's cool. Now all I need is my box! :v:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The most wonderful cock-up. :allears:

Although I think you mean 11". Not that I don't want an 11' undead dragon, but...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Fortunately, they're so flexible you should still be able to stuff it in the case. :v:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Not to mention that the process of cleaning up a scan to get a really nice, tightly-detailed digital model for printing would be a significant portion of the time required to just model it digitally in the first place. I feel like if they were going to go that route, they'd just hire digital artists to model their figs on the computer from stage 1. Some places do. But going from green to digital to print to mold is like copying VHS tapes.

Also, wasn't there some off-hand mention in a kickstarter update about getting the masters back from China now that they had their own rig? That would imply non-digital-ness at at least some critical step.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'll be honest: I sooooorta wish I'd spent even more than the $300 I dropped and grabbed a couple of them dragons. I mean, I'd hardly ever use 'em, and who knows if they'd get painted before they decomposed, but they're awesome as hell anyhow.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

JackMann posted:

At Reapercon, they confirmed that they do plan to do another Kickstarter

Reaper, don't do this to me :homebrew::negative::homebrew:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Painting is best left for winter anyhow, when it's dark and cold and lovely outside. Summer is for beers on the patio. Or, if you insist on painting, painting majestic landscapes and grand vistas.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

JackMann posted:

The one issue I feel they could have improved is that they didn't discuss the staggered shipments until it became a problem.
Not really, because:

quote:

If things had gone as planned, the staggered shipments would have been invisible to backers.
It's far more normal to not bother customers with the day-to-day drudgery of business logistics than it is to explain to the layfolk how the world works.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

JoshTheStampede posted:

If I go into McDonalds with a coupon for a free Big Mac and for whatever reason they are out of Big Macs that day, I don't demand to see shipping invoices and call them unprofessional.

Well, see, clearly you're not autistic enough to be a most valuable McDonald's customer.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I still absolutely do not regret the $200 of added-on paints, giants, elementals, and other poo poo I grabbed. I am so stoked and I don't care if I have to wait until Christmas.

My only regret is that maybe I didn't add enough stuff. :ohdear:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah, despite the delay if i had it to do over again I would just throw more money at them.

I suspect that the vast majority of people complaining would do exactly that, as well.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

TheLawinator posted:

Obviously before pledging everyone should have had to write an essay about how they are the biggest anim- *cough* REAPER fan.

Wait, you didn't? :ohdear:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I don't think they ever claimed people would get their stuff in March. They said shipments would BEGIN in March. It may be a little pedantic, but it seems a critical distinction, in that they met their promise in that regard.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'm not trying to be an apologist on their behalf or anything, yeah, it's late and gonna take a while longer yet, and I think people here are taking the news with reason. But wow, some people.

Also, it's not like it's a BFL situation or anything. :v:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, I got the vampire set plus a bunch of addons as well as every paint set and a case. :aaa:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

JerryLee posted:

I'm still waiting for my carrying case that I pledged for. No figures, just the case and foam. Does anyone have any idea whether those are supposed to have gone out yet?

I thought your entire order would ship at the same time. Did you already get your figures?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Brace yourselves, miniatures are coming.

Reaper posted:

Friday, June 7th, we received two 40ft containers full of Bones! For those of you keeping track at home, those containers were filled with over 470,000 models. We're still looking for the last container to be delivered next week, but we have enough to start shipping now.

Sounds like they're actually skipping out on Origins so they can have all hands on deck to get this stuff shipped out.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

Plastic floats. Containers fall overboard surprisingly often and the stuff in them gradually washes up on the beaches of alaska and russia over the subsequent two years. I think some of it also winds up in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

Eventually, Bones will be thawing out of the polar ice cap and making their way across the atlantic to the shores of the UK.

Something something joke about still getting them faster that way something

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Captain Invictus posted:

I broke up a few of my "complete packs", so if folks are looking to buy Vampire pledges, or various addons, let me know.

poo poo, don't make me do this, I don't even have a tracking number yet! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'm so excited. Every day that that ticker goes down, my odds of getting a tracking number go up. :dance:

vampire base level

fire giants
frost giants
undead giant
fire giant warriors
forces of nature
frost wyrm
deep dwellers
spiders
orcpocalypse

paint set 1
paint set 2