Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Munki posted:

Wow, some of you went actually insane. By comparison, I was just a little crazy:
Nonsense. This isn't crazy at all. :getin:

As an aside, I am selling the Vampire sets, as well as a handful of "every single thing" groups if folks are interested. I'll knock a decent amount off what I'm selling them for elsewhere, PM me if interested. Probably making an SA-Mart thread soon for it as well.

The "every single thing" would include Vampire + every figure addon, plus a case, plus possibly paints. No Sophie models though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
To clarify, I'm only selling them in sets, I'll probably be selling 14 or so Vampire sets, as well as 3-4 "complete" sets, with Vampire + all addons. If I broke them up, I'd have to sell them individually, and I'd rather not do that. It'd lead to a situation as detailed in the TG crowdfunding thread, where I would have a broken set and would probably need to sell things individually, and wind up stuck with a bunch of figures that would be harder or near impossible to sell individually.

Also, I've spoken to someone from Reaper, and they're planning on selling the Vampire-level set themselves for $400 once the Kickstarter stuff is all sent out. I'm selling them for considerably less than that, I'll probably do $250 for them plus shipping/fees if folks are interested, selling them for more than that on Ebay.

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, I was sorta referring to you in particular, I saw your post in the other thread. I understand it's a totally different situation as far as what you're up to, but still, jeebus. When the packers see your order, they're going to do a double or triple take, and probably walk it back to get it verified at LEAST once.
They already did the double-take, actually. :v: I'm sure it's baffling to someone who doesn't run a business, but buying stock at such a low price, especially limited-time stock, is not unreasonable. I'm sure if you saw most wholesale purchase orders they'd look really big and scary like that one, but really, things like Nethyrmaul, the PLASTIC version, are going to retail for $75.

They might send my stuff out earlier than others since I put down more than most people into the KS, I asked him an unrelated question, he did a proverbial bug-eyes at my order, and said he'd see about pushing it up a bit. I'd certainly be happy if they did, but I said not to if it caused things to run slower for everyone else.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 29, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It became an instantaneous decision I'm sure, for anyone who purchased more than one. Every four Vampire sets essentially netted you a fifth Vampire set free just by trading in a single miniature, which is insane.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I made a thread for the Reaper stuff I'm selling, if folks are interested.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3542585

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is there a picture yet of just everything included in the Vampire set, laid out on a table? Those guys sorta did it in that video, but they arrayed them in a big circle which isn't so great for showing just how much you get.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

That works perfectly. I needed a good example of just how much is included in that thing. :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

El Estrago Bonito posted:

This is only gonna get worse as the median age of goons gets higher. In 30 years were all be posting on the spacenet from our minddrives about all those cool old threads we remember from two days previous.

gently caress that I'll have spurned the spacenet because I'm gonna have 3 brain chips underneath my real brain so I don't even have to have other people to talk to, I can discuss everything with myself and myself and myself. :smug:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Battle Angel Alita(specifically Last Order, but not reading the original first is like reading Return of the King before the first two Lord of the Rings books). It's that old manga series that James Cameron wants to make a movie out of but keeps getting sidetracked by loving Avatar. It's some classic sci-fi, and enters realms both ridiculous(space karate master cyborgs) and hard sci-fi(evolution of future humans, utopian/dystopian societies, nanomachines, grey goo, meteor-based apocalypse, space elevators, etc). Oh, and copious amounts of crazy-detailed late 80's/early 90's violence. Brains everywhere!

It's good stuff and inspired a lot of sci-fi.

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/battle-angel-alita-volume-1.html

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 11, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If folks are still looking for a Vampire-level set, I've sold a bunch since putting them up for sale but still have six left in stock, so let me know if you're interested before they're all gone!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, it seems like the giant models get larger and larger every new time we see them! That Cthulhu looks way better than the original shot of the preview model did, as well! Super glad I got an extra one for myself now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I think a lot of people are also angry because a bunch of the people who ordered huge orders of like ten sets so they could vendor them for profit got their poo poo in and are flipping them for a bunch of money all over the place on the net. And nothing is worse than buying a thing you really want, not getting it for a long time and discovering that some guy who bought a bunch just to make a buck and doesn't care about the thing you like as much as you is rolling in them.

This happened at the GameStop I frequented during the height of Pokemon mania, a shipment of boosters would come in at like 11 through UPS and a bunch of schlubby old guys would be there to buy them up the second they hit shelves so they could flip them at flea markets or eBay the singles and by the time school got out and the actual seven year old kids got to the store there was only two or three boosters remaining. This was at the point where Wizards was limiting how much product B&M stores could order as well so it's not like they could just get more to sell they were lucky if they got a full shipment to start with.

It's not really like that at all because that was a finite supply, while this was made-to-order. You're sounding just as bad as the Kickstarter comments and posting frankly unrelated anecdotes about Pokemon cards to try to support your argument, which is dumb.

From what I gather speaking to a higher-up at Reaper directly, people who made huge orders are less priority than those who bought a single Vampire set, for example. So those, like me, who made 3000+ dollar orders, are at the back of the line. You should get your facts straight before making assumptions. If other people who made huge orders are getting special treatment, they must have pulled some serious strings to get it.

I personally only asked them, if they are able and have the stock, to ship me enough of my order piecemeal so I can cover all the preorders I've sold, and the rest of the order can be the last thing they send out for all I care. I just want to get them into the folks who have already paid me's hands ASAP.

And people who buy things to sell for a profit are not all curmudgeonly old men, contrary to popular belief!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:50 on May 16, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm being told by said rep they have all the Vampire pledges in. This would lead me to believe the remaining containers are all full of addons.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They have been pretty up front with how the shipments are working; in multiple stages. Many people have gotten their one or maybe two Vampire sets and thrown them up on Ebay, in fact I have heard from a couple folks I contacted about not literally copying my auctions word for word who said they bought two, one to keep and one to flip.

As far as I can see, I am really the only person who had mass listings of Vampire pledges on Ebay, and those are preorders. The others I see seem to be mostly from individuals who got theirs early. It sucks, yeah, that people are getting them only to resell before people who just want it for personal use, but how exactly can Reaper stop that?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
People who bought Vampire packs from me, I talked to Reaper and they are shipping me the Vampire stuff now, and then the addons and stuff when it shows up in 5 weeks.

Number of Packages: 3
UPS Service: GROUND
Weight: 74.7 LBS

:getin:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Weirdo posted:

Wow, just under 25 pounds each?? :froggonk:

I can only wonder what my giant add-on and paint heavy set must come to.

No, I got 20 Vampire sets. That's all of them, so about 3.5 pounds per Vampire order I guess.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ashcans posted:

Yea, what that order means is that it was too much stuff for UPS to handle in a single box of any size, so it has been broken up into three separate UPS shipments.

Please take a picture of that when it comes in. Preferably of you sitting in a bathtub full of Bones.

I plan on building a house

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I cannot build a house with them, but I can stack them next to me and show the size of the Vampire pledges! Ten boxes with 2 Vampires in each. The addon order will be AT LEAST this big. Sorry for the blurry shot, crappy old camera and I didn't realize it wasn't properly focused.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Being German, Irish, and having Alopecia Universalis will do that to you. :drac:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Given that I'm selling them sealed, I'm leaving it up to the customers. If they wind up lacking stuff, I'll give them Reaper's replacement info, no point going through me and wasting time and money when they can get it directly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Indolent Bastard posted:

What was your profit per Vampire set?

I must say I'm amazed how you spun this into such a profitable venture. I wouldn't have thought enough people would be willing to buy them, but never underestimate the frenzy of nerds and their little plastic mans. (Also how did they miss the KS in the first place?)

I sold 13 of the Vampire sets and it covered everything I bought from Reaper.

I still have 5 or 6 Vampire sets to sell(depending on if I keep two sets or not) plus all the addons I ordered.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Already people are getting the sealed Vampire pledges I shipped to them! Yayyyyy! :neckbeard:

And already people are opening their sealed Vampire pledges I shipped to them and complaining about missing figures! :negative:

Oh well, time to go ask for Reaper's replacement mini contact info.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Vampire pledges are in-hand at Reaper, if not already shipped out. EVERY addon is waiting in those final containers that got held up. If you ordered a Vampire plus addons, they are waiting on the addons to ship it all at once. I think they only shipped the Vampire pledges that I ordered to me early is because I ordered so many they needed to pack them in separate boxes anyways.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I broke up a few of my "complete packs", so if folks are looking to buy Vampire pledges, or various addons, let me know.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bet I'm last! :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm joking. I literally told them it was okay for them to ship my order last.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is there confirmation on what Kaladrax is going to retail for? I heard someone mention they were going to bump it up to $75 due to the unexpected size of the drat thing, but the retailer paperwork says it's $40.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Alrighty, thanks. :)

In other news, I have put up various add-ons for sale in my SA-Mart thread.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

JackMann posted:

Might consider adjusting the price of Nethyrmaul down. Reaper changed him from $75 to $40. Granted, you'll have 'em before retail, but I dunno if folks are going to be willing to pay an extra thirty-five bucks when the difference is likely to be a few weeks.
Really? The price listing I just downloaded from Reaper says he's 75. It also says Kaladrax is 40 though, so I guess they swapped their prices or something.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
:getin::getin::getin:

quote:

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
IMEF Marines x9
Griffon x1
Owlbear x1
Storm Giants x1
C'thulhu x6
Kaladrax Reborn x4
Hydra x5
Deep Dwellers x4
Nethyrmaul x4
Jabberwock x4
Frost Wyrm x4
Forces of Nature x4
Fire Giant Warriors x4
Spider Centaurs x4
IMEF Paint Set x2
Starter Set 2 x2
Red Dragon x5
Clockwork Dragon x5
Mythos Monsters x4
Undead Giant x4
Mister Bones x4
Deathsleet x4
Demons x5
There Be Dragons x4
Figure Case x4
Mind your Manors x4
Orcapocalypse x4
Undead Paint Set x2
Starter Paint Set x3
Frost Giants x4
Ebonwrath x4
Fire Giants x4

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Munki posted:

Jesus Christ, I guess that confirms my theory that they're actually all over the place right now.

Still don't have my email, though. :(
The Reaper rep told me a while back he would try to get my stuff out asap even though I told him I didn't mind being dead last, so maybe it's just the one guy pulling strings? :shrug:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

quote:

Number of Packages: 2
UPS Service: GROUND
Weight: 56.0 LBS

:getin:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fix posted:

It's not the size of your package, it's what you do with it. Which makes you a whore, technically speaking. :wink:

And I got alllllll the highest-quality customers. :wmwink:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I got my Bones today. I was woken up by the UPS guy knocking at the door, went down, grabbed both boxes, brought them upstairs, turned on the computer, and was smacked in the face that Ryan Davis died. Suddenly my excitement from finally getting these stupid models fizzled away into nothing. What a loving bummer of a day.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You still can, actually. I've got a table full of this poo poo sitting here. I've even dropped the price of the complete package(all the minis, paints, and case) to $750.

I also need to ship out a Vampire Pledge with C'Thulhu to Mustache Ride, gonna include something extra in that for him for him being a cool dude and letting me deal with some issues before I could get it out to him.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Even if you had to wait, please realize it could be much worse. You could be waiting for Dreamforge stuff.

I still haven't gotten my second shipment of stuff, and there's supposed to be three. The second shipment was supposed to go out in I believe March of this year. Supposedly he's finally gotten a handle on it and I really don't fault him since it's such a small operation and he's had to organize all of it with so few people(if any, it might just be him) but that's still a significant delay, over half a year. I wonder when the third shipment stuff will go out.

It's a shame, because seriously, the Dreamforge stuff is leagues ahead of maybe even GW's minis. The detail is ridiculous, there's just the tiniest chest emblem details that still have full features on them, etc. The Leviathan Crusader (Titan stand-in) has almost the same complexity as a Gundam model kit. Just really impressive stuff for a small operation and I hope he gets on his feet again soon, I'd love to see him really become a big time player in the miniature industry. His stuff has a great aesthetic and quality to it, with great sprue design so that pieces come off with minimal amounts of connection flash.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Missed early bird and wave 2, but then when I went to confirm my wave 3 pledge, one person had backed out of wave 2 and I snuck in! Woo! :woop:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dunno. Going to see how much I can invest, I've got a month to figure it out.

Dropped a grand on it to begin with though, so at least ten. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've put my Reaper Bones stuff up for sale in my new SA-Mart thread, if folks are still interested in the originals. There's a complete set of everything from the first KS(sans Sophie, a full set of miniatures + case, and a couple Vampire boxes left, as well as a bunch of the addon stuff.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I got one. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hate to be a bother again, but I dropped the price of my Reaper stuff I'm selling. There's two big bundles for pretty cheap, including one with all the minis that were in Bones 1 sans Sophie for $520, and one with absolutely everything including all the paints and such sans Sophie for $660, both bundles include shipping. Basically more minis and poo poo than you'll ever need. Also dropped the price on most of the addons by at least a couple bucks, Kaladrax by a full ten. Could really use some sales not only to get them out of here and take up less space, but so I can rebuild my savings after six weeks of unpaid medical leave wiped them out.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3574689&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post420478973

• Locked thread