Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Artificer posted:

And then to play Clannad afterwards because I'm nothing if not a sucker for punishment. Anything fun to play afterwards?

You could try Snow Sakura or My Girlfriend is the President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Blhue posted:

The real tragedy is there's no Jack route.

This is a real problem that needs to be addressed by congress. Not even Chou Dengeki Stryker fixed that! What the hell!

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
Is it worth playing Dengeki Stryker now as is or should I just wait a while for Super Dengeki Stryker to be released in English? I've already got a backlog to work on so it'll be a few months anyway until I can get to it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

If you've got a backlog you might as well wait. I don't know if there's any ETA on SDS, but you never know.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Since Mangagamer is a spinoff of Overdrive, you can pretty much expect all of their games to be translated eventually, who knows how far away that eventually is though.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
So in MuvLuv Alternative, are the Americans the good guys or the bad guys? Or are they split like the UN and the Japanese militaries too?

Major Walker seems pretty cool so far.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
I started reading Analogue: A Hate Story.

The structure is confusing as all hell. I got to the bit with the Reactor meltdown, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Is there some way to return to normal gameplay or do I need to start making decisions?

Also, what about decrypting block1? Will I actually get the chance to do that at some point?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Artificer posted:

So in MuvLuv Alternative, are the Americans the good guys or the bad guys? Or are they split like the UN and the Japanese militaries too?

America is frequently cast as the political antagonists, but that arc and later ones do state that America is far from being a monolithic nation of assholes.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Nitro+ and Type Moon are doing their April Fools stuff again this year.

http://www.nitroplus.co.jp/game/konton-taisen/about/

http://www.typemoon.com/

EDIT

age too, a shitload of parodies and VA gags.

http://www.age-soft.co.jp/

EDIT 2

Oh my god

Humanity Has Evacuated

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 31, 2013

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Oh my god, Age is killing me.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Mai Emperor

Gruntled
Jun 9, 2002
age has the best April fool's stuff:

Ore no imouto ga konnani samurai wake ga nai:

Can't forget IDOlMEISTER:

Gruntled fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 31, 2013

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
So I was playing through Higurashi with the PS2 conversion patch installed, and everything was going pretty great. And then (Onikakushi spoilers) during a really tense scene where Rena was chasing Keiichi through the woods and being creepy as hell, she finally cornered him. The music did that half-irritating half-creepy sting, the screen went black... And then something bugged with the PS2 patch and it reverted back to the original and hahahahahahahaha holy poo poo those loving hands man god drat. I couldn't have possibly asked for a better time for that bug to kick in, this patch rules!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Artificer posted:

Jesus Christ. This episode is really ramping everything up. Goddamn.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

klapman posted:

So I was playing through Higurashi with the PS2 conversion patch installed, and everything was going pretty great. And then

Yeah I love Higurashi I definitely would recommend it but that character, unpatched, looks like a raptor trying to do the Michael Jackson 'Thriller' dance

She has seven fingers.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Krinkle posted:

Yeah I love Higurashi I definitely would recommend it but that character, unpatched, looks like a raptor trying to do the Michael Jackson 'Thriller' dance

She's just leaning back to counter the weight from her massive steak hands.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

Artificer posted:

You did play Extra and Unlimited first, right?

Also holy poo poo these parodies, god damnit age :lol:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh god Nitroplus are great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47HxAGIyfw4

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think my efforts in trying to understand what he's saying may be useless. All useless.

speaking of which:

http://www.07th-expansion.net/img/top_img5.gif

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Barent posted:

You did play Extra and Unlimited first, right?

Also holy poo poo these parodies, god damnit age :lol:

Yep. Finished the arc in question. How far along am I in the game?

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Artificer posted:

About 1/4 of the way through. You've got a fun ride and plenty of surprises left ahead. :allears:

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

Artificer posted:

You have a very long way to go, probably like 30-40 hours depending on how fast you read.

e;fb

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Barent posted:

You have a very long way to go, probably like 30-40 hours depending on how fast you read.

e;fb

Good loving God. Things have been pretty emotional already thus far. I'm assuming I can only expect escalation.

Edit:

DerLeo posted:

Oh my god, Age is killing me.

Holy poo poo I took one look and I assumed it was the cast of Girls Und Panzer. Looking closely has made that picture a lot more disturbing. And funny.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I think my efforts in trying to understand what he's saying may be useless. All useless.

Nipple. There's nothing we can do here. Please look forward to Sonicoshock Infinity.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

Artificer posted:

Good loving God. Things have been pretty emotional already thus far. I'm assuming I can only expect escalation.

You have no idea my friend hahahahah :getin:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Suleman posted:

I started reading Analogue: A Hate Story.

The structure is confusing as all hell. I got to the bit with the Reactor meltdown, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Is there some way to return to normal gameplay or do I need to start making decisions?

Also, what about decrypting block1? Will I actually get the chance to do that at some point?

Talk to the AI! She'll offer you advice and hints as to what you need to do, and in certain cases will point you directly towards the right course of action. Unfortunately, the AIs do offer hints that getting the Reactor meltdown section is the beginning of the end game and you need to have made your most important decision in the game already before it starts. There is no way to return to normal gameplay.

Decrypting blocks all need to happen before that final bit, and you must do them before you return and tell the AI in question "woops, sorry, couldn't do it for some reason." Otherwise you'll have to reload to an earlier save file in order to get it.

I fiddled around with this game a lot. 100%ed it. :v:

Edit: Tell me if you need more help with that part. It can be a bit tricky.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 1, 2013

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
20 years in the future I wonder if Digital and Analogue: a X stories are going to be playable by people who are like "what's a command prompt?"

Is Marimo playing the character I think she is in the Magica parody...?

That Super Robot Wars banner is so cruel.

edit: Oh man, that giant Takemikazuchi as a parody of the Gundam statue that they constructed.

Davzz fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 1, 2013

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Artificer posted:

Talk to the AI! She'll offer you advice and hints as to what you need to do, and in certain cases will point you directly towards the right course of action. Unfortunately, the AIs do offer hints that getting the Reactor meltdown section is the beginning of the end game and you need to have made your most important decision in the game already before it starts. There is no way to return to normal gameplay.

Decrypting blocks all need to happen before that final bit, and you must do them before you return and tell the AI in question "woops, sorry, couldn't do it for some reason." Otherwise you'll have to reload to an earlier save file in order to get it.

I fiddled around with this game a lot. 100%ed it. :v:

Edit: Tell me if you need more help with that part. It can be a bit tricky.

No need, I actually finished the whole thing.

Overall: Okay characters, very powerful story, weird structure, somewhat awful interface.
I liked it, but I'm finding it hard to compare to traditional VNs. I have to say, the writing has some goddamn balls, you don't usually see this poo poo in video games or anime.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Suleman posted:

Overall: Okay characters, very powerful story, weird structure, somewhat awful interface.
I liked it, but I'm finding it hard to compare to traditional VNs. I have to say, the writing has some goddamn balls, you don't usually see this poo poo in video games or anime.

When you say "whole thing" do you mean you even got the true ending where you get both off?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Suleman posted:

I liked it as well. I hope Hate Plus comes out soon and isn't just canceled or frozen forever.

Edit: In the Madoka parody, who are the green haired and brown haired characters? I can't identify them.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Green is head maid person, no idea on brown.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pretty sure the brown haired person is Takeru.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Artificer posted:

I liked it as well. I hope Hate Plus comes out soon and isn't just canceled or frozen forever.

Christine Love regularly tweets about her progress and work on Hate Plus, soooo.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Christine Love regularly tweets about her progress and work on Hate Plus, soooo.

How close is it supposed to be to release?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Artificer posted:

Edit: In the Madoka parody, who are the green haired and brown haired characters? I can't identify them.

Tsukuyomi and Takeru.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

jonjonaug posted:

Tsukuyomi and Takeru.

Okay, the dress threw me off.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

jonjonaug posted:

Nitro+ and Type Moon are doing their April Fools stuff again this year.

http://www.nitroplus.co.jp/game/konton-taisen/about/

http://www.typemoon.com/

EDIT

age too, a shitload of parodies and VA gags.

http://www.age-soft.co.jp/

EDIT 2

Oh my god

Humanity Has Evacuated

Is that a teaser site on Nitro+'s page for an all-Nyarlathotep themed SRW game where every character is a version of Nyarlathotep from some other VN or LN?

And goddamn, Age is outdoing themselves with some of this stuff.

Why do Japanese game companies always save their best ideas for april fools day?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I feel so left out, I don't get any of these jokes. I just saw madoka yesterday so I should probably get that one but nope.

e: ah I never played that game.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 1, 2013

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I didn't even know Hate Plus was a thing. Wonder how'll she'll justify a limited interface this time? I assume it'll follow bringing both back, so *Mute is in for some mindbreaking revelations, which was one thing I sure loving felt the original release lacked. Can't say I care much about hearing how society on the ship broke down though, to me that was something that we just kind of had to accept,

e: it was mentioned she talks about her update progress on twitter so I thought I'd check that out. What a terrible idea that was :suicide:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Krinkle posted:

I feel so left out, I don't get any of these jokes. I just saw madoka yesterday so I should probably get that one but nope.

That one is hilariously apt, but I don't really wanna spell it out even under spoilers when I know there's someone playing through it reading the thread right now. Think about what happened to each Muv-Luv character in relation to the Madoka character they represent.

• Locked thread