Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orry
Apr 5, 2011
I would like to reiterate that you are both completely insane, so good luck in your Mario playing endeavors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orry
Apr 5, 2011
Regarding the portrayal of Billy Mitchell in King of Kong, the director claims they actually edited in order to make him seem like less of a dick than he was. Whether or not this is actually true is kind of difficult to prove, but if it is then Billy Mitchell is basically the worst person.

Orry
Apr 5, 2011
I think you're missing the true message of the video: Disney was a Penny Arcade supporter.

Orry
Apr 5, 2011
The thing Keith attributed to Descartes about a blue door being reliant on the existence of Blue and what not is in fact Plato's theory of Forms.

This game relies on the form of Painful Tedium.

Orry
Apr 5, 2011

Somethingdumb posted:

I think I was actually talking about Descartes's Degrees of Reality (though probably very poorly). How much this draws upon Plato's theory of forms i have no idea. Basically you have modes, finites and infinites. Modes depend on finites and finites on infinites. I don't know, it was a long time ago.

Degrees of Reality have a lot more to do with the nature of ideas and dependence on other things for their existence. Blueness is a perception, so it's not very real because it only exists in the presence of perception. Plato's theory of forms states that "Blue" and "Wood" exist independently of anything that is blue or made of wood and that tangible things rely on the existence of these forms. The argument then progresses that any knowledge of what we observe is inherently flawed because we are only observing the things and not their forms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orry
Apr 5, 2011

Reveilled posted:

And it's on the Dauphin's coat of arms too:

Which is where the title comes from. It literally means dolphin.

• Locked thread