Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Wait, Gerard's hair is blue? Why did I always think it was red? :confused:

Also, I imagined Wendy's hair to be black but whatever, that's not really a big change in anime terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Maybe when their dragons disappeared they actually hid inside their respective dragon slayers? And the dragons are older than 80, assumedly.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

RatHat posted:

No we saw Natsu and Wendy's dragons talking in a scene a long while ago. They're physically somewhere else.

Oh, right. Shows how little I care about Fairy Tail's plot. I'm here for the fire-punching and the hip-tumors, not a deep and compelling story! :downs:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

tsob posted:

Maybe he only went with them on the condition he could have his clothes back. He could be a very fashion conscious dude who missed his duds all those months in jail wearing the same ugly poo poo as everyone else.

I don't remember who this guy is, but don't forget about the timeskip! Assuming he was a pre-timeskip villian, he has been in jail for more than seven years!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Eddain posted:

Grey's power-up will kick in and he'll turn into organic-ice Iceman, with the caveat that he can't ever return to human form ever again or else he'd die permanently.

I'd be okay with this if he had one-liners like Mr. Freeze.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Am I the only one who barely remembers anything of the older Fairy Tail arcs? Like, no joke, all I remember from early Fairy Tale is Natsu and Lucy infiltrating a mansion, Natsu eating some golden fire, the dragonslayers are statues(???), and that there was a machine that changed people's alignments.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Clearly, Fairy Tail are Job Creators. :smug:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Kuroyama posted:

Don't forget Natsu eating some sort of magic, and copious use of "friendship". Because I think Mashima uses that word like Silver Age Flash writers used molecules: throw it around so many times it loses all meaning, and you can justify any bullshit in the story.

I think you mean nakama. :colbert:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Calling it now based on this chapter alone: That guy is Gray's dad and Gray also has Demon-Slayer magic, because how else is he gonna get Shonen Power-UpsTM?

I thought the same thing about him being Gray's dad, but Gray might already have Demon-Slayer magic. Didn't he say that after he used the ice it left him with something? I assumed that was the power-up right there.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I think she fell off a cliff?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

Christ I can't follow this conversation at all. I must have the memory of a goldfish when it comes to this manga. Aside from Zeref I remember like none of these villains.

Yeah I stopped reading this manga months ago when I realized I couldn't remember most of the past arcs and that I didn't really care about the future arcs.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Wait, if you stopped reading the manga why are you still reading this thread?

I dunno. V:shobon:V Fairy Tail isn't a bad manga, I just don't care enough to read it week to week. I'm still a bit interested in what goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I definitely can't criticize the fanservice too much without being a hypocrite because Negima is my favorite manga, but yeah it's annoying. It's fine if Lucy or whoever wear dumb outfits, but let Erza be above that. :colbert:

• Locked thread