Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

there's a bit of a debate in a slack channel I'm in; some people think that the scene in the alleyway with Misato and Kaji after the wedding is them gettin' it on, and other folks think that it's simply him helping her while she's barfing her guts out.

Has either one been established or is it up for interpretation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
shes absolutely vomiting lol

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Could be both

donut
Feb 4, 2001

She’s definitely making puke noises. They made it pretty clear when they were loving in another episode.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I think the joke is that it sounds like loving at first, then they clarify that she's puking.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I've always thought it was her barfing as well, but people are weird and interpret stuff in bizarre ways. Like, yeah, Kaji is a scumbag but I can't imagine him actively railing her while she's in the process of barfing.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
haha what the gently caress? I've never even heard someone think it wasn't just her vomiting.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

FilthyImp posted:

How many Eva fanfics try to make JetAlone not complete rear end?

EVA-R had one of their last enemies be mass produced Jet Alones and no matter how hard they tried to sell this, even as a kid I found it completely absurd

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

There are actually a lot of anime references in TNG background stuff because a few of the staff were huge anime nerds. Off the top of my head, aside from the dolphin thing, there are multiple background references to Dirty Pair, Urusei Yatsura gets nodded to a couple times, and the alien that stabs picard in the chest as a cadet is called a Nausicaan.

Also, you know, the USS Akira.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MechaX posted:

EVA-R had one of their last enemies be mass produced Jet Alones and no matter how hard they tried to sell this, even as a kid I found it completely absurd

Yeah, that's the one!

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/10/15/the-final-evangelion-anime-film-evangelion-3010-to-finally-be-released-on-january-23-2021

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

rainbow plugsuits lets fuckin gooo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CEjqATcPAg

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well that is something to look forward to.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Holy gently caress Rebuild started in 2007?!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Holy gently caress Rebuild started in 2007?!

Been a long time coming.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

God please let theaters be a thing I can feel safe going to again by the time this comes out in the US.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yes. I am beyond ready for this.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Finally.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Looks loving dope imo

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Roth posted:

God please let theaters be a thing I can feel safe going to again by the time this comes out in the US.
It won't but on the bright side the :carol: audience for this should be Rona free since they will have no friends and attend no social events.

Ah who am I kidding. It's gonna be packed full of nerds.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

It won't but on the bright side the :carol: audience for this should be Rona free since they will have no friends and attend no social events.

Ah who am I kidding. It's gonna be packed full of nerds.

It’ll be at least a year after release before we get a translation in North America, it might work out.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Really digging the RGB pro-gamer Asuka and Mari suits.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
More proof if it was ever needed that Asuka belongs to the master race...

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Rei Q expressing wide-eyed curiosity about something is the most hype part of the trailers so far.

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

adding the big ol tail on unit08 to my fic that mari came out of that weird entry plug on the third angel

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

FiftySeven posted:

More proof if it was ever needed that Asuka belongs to the master race...

Please reign it in a bit. We don't need ironic nazi jokes here.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Does Funi still get the rights to this or did the Netflix deal gently caress that up too? It'd be really weird to dub this with a different cast, given the first three are (largely) the original one.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Does Funi still get the rights to this or did the Netflix deal gently caress that up too? It'd be really weird to dub this with a different cast, given the first three are (largely) the original one.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's the new dub actors, which I can imagine is only going to go over well with all involved

Prepare for more outrage, I guess

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Probably depends on whether Funimation got an exclusivity agreement for the entirety of the Rebuild series way back when we were on 1.01, or if they had to negotiate for the rights for each individual film.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Darth Walrus posted:

Rei Q expressing wide-eyed curiosity about something is the most hype part of the trailers so far.

not emptyquoting

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Probably depends on whether Funimation got an exclusivity agreement for the entirety of the Rebuild series way back when we were on 1.01, or if they had to negotiate for the rights for each individual film.

I remember asking the Funi guy at an Otakon panel this exact question twelve years ago and shamefully don’t remember what he said. :smith:

Netflix has a short attention span so they may not even try even if it’s up for grabs.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/lnlsl/status/1316981212720828416

Lmao if Anno makes the crackship real

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

gently caress yeah

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"Are you okay? Do you have brain damage?"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Julias posted:

Please reign it in a bit. We don't need ironic nazi jokes here.

Might be me but I think they were referring to PC Master Race not Nazis (since, you know, RGB plug suits).

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Might be me but I think they were referring to PC Master Race not Nazis (since, you know, RGB plug suits).

PC Gaming Master Race is also a poo poo joke from the days of YCS. Yahtzee has gone on record regretting his popularization of the term.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Scyantific posted:

I read it as a double entendre refering to both "PC master race" and Asuka being German.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Vinylshadow posted:

"Are you okay? Do you have brain damage?"

Rei takes a huge hit and passes you the spliff.jpg

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think I'd rather do weed with someone from gundam tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

I think I'd rather do weed with someone from gundam tbh.

https://gundampilotssmokingweed.tumblr.com