Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

BD rips of 3.33 just started happening today. I bet we'll start seeing translations this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It's not like you need a 5gb nearly lossless video + FLAC soundtrack copy

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

A 1080p movie doesn't have to be 5gb to look nice.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Nah, the only Eva game I want is more of a Robot* Apotheotic Drive if you will.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Eva 4.0 should just be 5 minutes of the characters technobabbling then Anno walks into the frame, turns around, drops trou and moons the camera for the rest of the film.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Penpen's soul will be an integral part of the new P Type Equipment introduced to drive model sales.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It gets used for names sometimes, especially when clarity is important. Name kanji are a ridiculous clusterfuck.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Probably more because katakana stand out more from surrounding text. If you play a Super Robot Wars game all the names are in a mix of katakana and kanji.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

notZaar posted:

Eva 3.0 is what happens when you let your art and animation directors go hog wild and ignore basic storytelling and script writing. You can argue about vague references and hidden meaning until you're blue in the face, bit the movie just does not work on its own merits. Unless the goal of the movie is to make people mad the first time they see it. Then it works perfectly.

When I watched it we started MST3King it 10 minutes in and never let up. There just wasn't much keeping us interested otherwise.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I've never played xenogears, though Ive heard its the type of game to relieve my fears

Xenogears is pretty ok for an overly ambitious game that had most of its budget taken away so FF8 could happen. They actually did their research for the religious symbolism, it's just not from a mainstream religion so people get confused.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ka0 posted:

Wait wasn't Ritsuko's mom on Eva 00, the reason why it went batshit when Rei first piloted it.

No, Ritsuko's mom is in the Magi. Eva 00 is probably Lilith.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Yeah that was my dumb theory from a thread and a half ago. I'll be very surprised if it's actually the case, though, it's probably just someone else with brown hair and glasses.

Well, it's not like any of the other pilots or pilot candidates aren't missing a mother with connections to Gehirn

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 19, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Except for Unit 0 and Rei but that's a giant :can:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

.jpg posted:

/a/ has the epic eva theme with embedded music and sleek animations, meanwhile the the anime forum people pay to post on has been waiting for a simple chihayfuru css for almost a full year!

It's not working for me.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ArfJason posted:

Also regarding eoe and weird artsy choices, i love how apparently they filmed the audience at the start then spliced them into the footage during instrumentality so if you were watching the movie you could see yourself.

That's not what happened at all. The audience bit is from screening of Death and Rebirth, the original movie release with only the first half hour or so of an unfinished version of End of Evangelion. It was apparently rushed out to meet contractual obligations and replaced a few months later with the End of Evangelion we all know. The fan mail is also about the ending of that movie, not the tv series.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zore posted:

Welcome to why Konami no longer makes Video Games. Pachinko makes ridiculous money

That's because the modern pachinko machines are essentially slot machines and their business model has just enough deniability to not be legally considered gambling.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ethiser posted:

Has anything ever shown what Misato and crew were studying in college? Were they all in Gendo’s Metaphysical Biology department?

No but their parents were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

Who is vic mignona?

A sexpest who did a bunch of voice work in the last couple decades. In the Eva dub he was one of the computer guys in central dogma.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 6, 2021