Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

House Louse posted:

I really don't understand how that theory makes any sense at all, considering how the hell you'd have to get from the ending of EoE to the beginning of Rebuild without time travel or something. Then again, I've never been that interested in Rebuild.

The movies definitely seem to be hinting towards it, and a bit of what I've been spoiled on for 3.0 does make it a little more plausible sounding.

I think the big things that that made people really pick up on the theory and run with it after the red seas and Kaworu apparently already knowing Shinji were these: There's blood-splatter on the moon in the Rebuild series, which we also saw happen in EoE. Then there's the giant chalk shapes, which are the shape of the mass-produced Evas in their crucifix poses. There's certainly more to the theory than that beyond what I currently remember, though.

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

TenementFunster posted:

has anyone link Zoomzip's excellent and classic ¡¡POR FAVOR NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3MFkIakwWI

por favor noooooooo

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Paper Lion posted:

1 is theatre, 1.01 is dvd and 1.11 is blu ray. They all follow that convention.

Not really. Eva 1.01 is an earlier, shittier cut than 1.11; it had lovely problems in Japan like having too dark a picture, enough people complained that 1.11 was released to replace it. Then Eva 1.01 made it stateside even though 1.11 existed (with the darkness corrected) because stupid Japanese licensing required the stateside release schedule be exactly the same.

There is no such movie as 2.02; DVD and Blu-Rays are both 2.22.

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Apr 24, 2013