Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I forget if this is answered later, I've only watched a few episodes, but one thing that goes unanswered early on is: How did they know the angels were going to arrive 15 years after second impact? I'm just imagining a lot of board room meetings with Gendo trying to convince a bunch of suits that no, our best bet really is to invest in giant human puppets that can only be piloted by a handful of children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I watched 25+26 and I'm really having a hard time figuring out how third impact is supposed to have happened without the context of EoE. Like, pretending that movie never existed, the show goes straight from the Shinji/Misato conversation into Human Instrumentality. As far as the show explains, Human Instrumentality was something that SEELE wanted to trigger, but Gendo's actions go against that by their own words (throwing away the Lance of Longinus, etc.) - and I don't think the show ever explicitly says that that's what Gendo also wanted to trigger (I might be SUPER wrong about that).

I guess we're supposed to think that he did something with his Adam hand that we don't actually see?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't into those maudlin post card films.