Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

Evangelion was about some depressed teenager growing and learning to take control of his life despite terrors and setbacks, for about 20 episodes, or for 90% of the 2nd rebuild, then it becomes a nihilistic postmodern orgy of excess.

It still was about the same thing, but it turns out taking control of your life doesn't mean things are going to be good and you are going to be responsible for the choices you make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I will be disappointed if Rebuild 4 doesn't consist entirely a live action Anno walking onto the set, flipping the bird to the audience, and walking off again.

The credits will be every single death and suffering scene played in slow motion while 'We Are the Champions' plays in the background.

It's actually going to be saccharine sweet and everyone lives and is happy, to really gently caress with the audience

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Y'know, I kind of wish they'd added in a Day in the Life Of one of the grunts who helps clean up the carnage left by the Angels' destruction during that recap episode ~midway through the series.

ancient posts, from ancient times-

quote:

nobody realizes how important i am to this operation. commander ikari is just about the only person here who has higher security clearance than me. oh yeah make fun of the janitor but i bet my clearance level is higher than yours. yeah you simon. you think being division supervisor of engineering makes you a big man? im head loving janitor. who do you think windex's the creepy rear end tanks in the secret rei cloning room? oh you didnt know about that did you? yeah cause your not loving allowed in there. oh yeah. theyre naked. ever smoked a joint and than mopped the floor, surrounded by 400 identical naked 14 year olds, blasting sabbath? didnt think so. cause youre bush league simon. youre going nowhere. have fun working with super bitch ritsuko every goddam day you poor sucker. i almost pity you.

quote:

i asked misato for a personal day friday cause maiden is doing a show in tokyo 3. she said it was fine, so im in the car with derek driving to the show rocking out in his mom's chevy cavalier when i get paged. oh god...i almsot tell derek to turn around but its maiden and theyre only in town for one night. thank god i was rocking too hard to hear my pager going off every 5 minutes. i get home too exhausted to check it and pass out. i wake up to about 700 frantic voice messages. i guess some stupid monster got into terminal dogma. leave it to nerve to get their asses kicked by a monster with toilet paper for arms. anyways, unit 01 is a loving mess. it needs brand new paint and i have nothing left in our budget for 3000 gallons of "1398 passion plum violet" so i guess its going to have to wait until i can get a special budgetary restriction waiver from seelee and we all know how long it takes to get anything done through that beurocracy, ill probably be retired by the time i get the paperwork back.