Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I watched a toy review for Kyoryuger, because that's the best part of sentai, and instantly fell in love. That announcer that calls out the attacks and stuff is s excited for his job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Flameingblack posted:

The idea of going through the entire series of Power Rangers and giving a season overview podcast style is neat. Unfortunately it's Linkara that's doing it, I don't think anyone needs his flaws pointed out. It'd be awesome if someone with an easier voice to listen to do something similar, and compared it to the Sentai. At the rate that Linkra goes anyway it's much quicker to watch an episode a week and you'll still finish the series before he does.
Well I need something to do, so why not? I'm going to watch some Zyuranger and maybe make a podcast because I can't really do video editing (too poor).

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I started watching Kyoryuger last night and it is just the best. There are times when I'm giggling like a madman over all the stupid stuff that happens, like Ramirez and the super-hype announcer.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I bet he's still pretty badass.

Seeing these set photos make me want to watch the series again. Maybe I'll make a podcast about it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm still trying to figure out how to podcast, but once I get that's settled I'll be sure to tell you guys and organize something. So I'm guessing Early June.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Agent Rush posted:

Plan on posting here with details, or using PM/email? I'd like to get in on something like that, or at least check it out.

I'll probably leave my email or twitter and then relay details there, but for general stuff I'll post directly. For example, what kind of format would work best? My favorite idea at the moment is to review the series one episode at a time, five times a week. Of corse each week of content will be recorded ahead of time in one sitting. Besides that, we could have a new PR/Sentai related topic to talk about each week, have a general show with news and what's new (although No Pink Spandex already does a great job with that), or something else. If any of you guys have a suggestion, please say something because you'll be the ones listening.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I think I figured out how to record Skype decently enough and how to publish a podcast (sort of), so if you would like to talk about old episodes of Power Rangers add me on Skype: liarlyresa

Send me a message telling me when you are available (days, times and time zone) and I'll probably pick the first two people to contact me unless there is a major conflict in schedules.

Also if you have previous podcasting experience, hit me up because I barely know what I'm doing.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Oh yeah, need name suggestions for the podcast. I can't think of anything good.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

That one always makes me giggle.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hey guys, I finally have something to post on that Power Rangers podcast. Tell me what you think of this test episode. This is Jivjov (Jason) and myself (Wade).

https://archive.org/details/Ep003final

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Brother Entropy posted:

Man, if Power Rangers makes it to adapting Kyoryuger they are gonna be kicking themselves that they already used the subtitle Dino Thunder.

It will be called Power Rangers Sambasaurs and it will be awesome.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

You know the best part of Kyoryuger? Nossan. He gave a dude a tombstone piledriver last episode. He's like a Sentai Undertaker.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

jivjov posted:

Would you say that he undertook the role of Undertaker?

I stand corrected, he's clearly the Pundertaker.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hey guys, I finally have a good enough piece of audio for the darn podcast. I really don't have a website right now and still don't fully understand how to syndicate this. If anyone knows how to do that stuff let me know. For right now I'll just post stuff directly. Also, if anyone else wants to join us my Skype name is liarlyresa

Podcasters with Attitude EP 001
Join Jason(jivjov), Burk(Burkion), and Wade(Liar Lyre) as they travel through over 20 years of Power Rangers history.

In the inaugural episode, we take a look at the very first episode in Power Rangers history, Day of the Dumpster. We discuss Zordon's unorthodox teaching methods, the Putty desert branch, character archetypes, and much more.

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 25, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

jivjov posted:

Heyy, I remember recording that! Glad to see it reach the unwashedsexy sexy masses.

And you get to hear the antics me and Burk got up to. With you, we talked fairly seriously about characters and plot and stuff. With Burk, we mostly made a bunch of jokes. Burk's stuff starts next week. Anyways, I'd appreciate some feed back, good or bad.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

There are nearly 800 episodes of PR, so these episodes are going to come out very frequently. Is this too much? Should I move it somewhere else?

Podcasters with Attitude EP 002

In this episode we look at High Five. We discuss acrophobia, wobbly heads, Superboy Prime, that big guy and THE HUMAN CHAIN.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The Blackest Goon posted:

Will you review Sentai and kamen rider shows? Or is this just a 'merica related shows only sort of thing? Eitherway, congrats on getting this started :) You'll definitely have my listen

For right now, it's Power Rangers for a couple of reasons. It's easier to watch, there are less episodes and most people are more familiar with it. We still make comparisons to the sentai and if we get all caught up, I could see us doing sentai/rider reviews too. Maybe we can do that Saban Kamen Rider adaptation.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Sorry I haven't been adding more episodes to the podcast, I've been messing around with my website and what not to get it submitted to iTunes. It's under review right now so hopefully you can just subscribe to it there starting next week when new episodes will resume.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Podcasters with Attitude is now on iTunes! Follow that link or simply search for Podcasters with Attitude. Please rate and subscribe and share. Now I'll stop pimping myself.

So, anybody else check out the magazine scans for Kyoryu Violet? He looks pretty cool.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

AzraelNewtype posted:

Black RX is also not subbed outside of a hilariously terrible hong kong knockoff, so I'm not sure why it's being recommended to a relative newcomer. Unless of course you do happen to understand Japanese.

Don't forget the Saban version, Masked Rider. I watched the pilot out of curiosity and that show stinks to high heaven.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Well Akibaranger 2 is over so that should leave room for something new.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hey guys, Podcasters with Attitude is still chugging along and I need new guests. So if you want to help us and have some fun, message me on Skype @ liarlyresa.

But hey, Kyoryuger stuff! Kyoryu Violet might be one of my favorite characters ever. He's just the most eccentric scientist I've ever seen. He's my hero. :allears:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

What Saban needs to do is make a Summer season and then Winter season to get through the back log. Seriously, one year for 20 episodes is dumb. Just crank them out.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Well Saban owns a Saturday morning block on CW, so I assume that's where they are going as soon as possible.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Darksaber posted:

The driver just needs to make cool sounds. I've only seen bits and pieces of Decade but I still like 'D-d-d-d-decade'. The first time I saw Wizard transform I honestly had to rewind the episode to see if the driver actually said something that dumb, now I find myself humming along with 'Shabadobie touch to henshin'. I have no clue how the hell they could make 'B-b-b-banana' sound catchy, but I have a feeling they will and I'll hate/love them for it. With the Sengoku driver looking like it has a knife built into it to cut the fruit, they really need to just make one of the drivers a Slap Chop with stuff glued to it.

Have you ever played Donkey Kong 64?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Rei_ posted:

Guys?

I think we're gonna be okay.

Taste the rainbow :getin:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

No love for the cave from Zyuranger/MMPR? That set got some use!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Classic Twisty posted:

They might just have something bad happen, then Gokaiger is their new power. Like how the MMPR movie when

It happened in the series too. I believe it was the Ninja powers being destroyed and replaced with Zeo. Either way, that's how I came to terms with Megaforce using Goseiger and Gokaiger. They did it in the 90's and it helps get around the episodes with pre Zyuranger heroes.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I haven't watched a lot of sentai, but I can say that the design philosophies changed dramatically from Jetman to Zyuranger and Dairanger too. The Megazords in Zyu, Dai and Kaku are just one thousand times better looking than almost everything before it. And then Ohranger is a bit meh, but whatever.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Does Fourze at least maintain the same level of fun throughout? Because the first episode was pretty great. I like the suit/gimmick, I like the characters, I like the school setting. It's just super appealing to me.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

boom boom boom posted:

It's good that you like those things, cause that's all you're getting. No plot, do drama, no high stakes finale, just more of the Rider club and the gimmick in the school.

But a lot less wirework in the fights, that poo poo's gotta be expensive.

Would it be fair to say it is similar to early Power Rangers?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I started watching Fourze. I recommend it if you want something light and fun.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Toei should team up with Hulu. I mean Hulu already has a ton of anime and Korean dramas.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighter from Beverly Hills is coming to DVD. Literally no one wanted this.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Cliff Racer posted:

Also that it drains all tension or drama out of the fights its used in because of that stupid song/transformation sequence. Oh yeah and also its ugly and Minityra is borderline bad cgi.

Don't you dare diss Minityra. He is a gift from God.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I finished Fourze recently. Super fun series that stayed very consistent with it's themes (FRIENDS!!). Gen and the KRC were so cool too. Ending felt a bit rushed. Like they suddenly remembered they needed to introduce all of the Zodiarts and we blitzed through the big guys in the end. Still loved the show and it's turned me into a Kamen Rider fan. Now I'm moving in to OOO.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

:getin:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Looks like Power Rangers will run on Nickelodeon until at least 2016. I hope the negotiated more episodes and proper separate seasons.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I have two words for Masked Rider.

gently caress. Ferbus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

First half of Megaforce is on Netflix. So is a lot of really good stuff, but that's the only relevant thing.

• Locked thread