Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

I think I've got an eye injury from reading too many Rifts updates and rolling them too much. Uuuuugh.

I've really been enjoying them - I never read a lot of Rifts, and it has this awesome "13 year old's binder drawings" aesthetic to it.

Changeling is also basically the most awesome and horrible game ever. So, an idea for a character:
Winter Court Ogre. Back story is a rich kid high school football star who had secret horrible insecurity about never being good enough. Brought into the Hedge by the Fae "father" that had eaten his abusive coach, on the idea that it would love him and accept him for who he was. Being accepted for who he was in the Fae mockery of a family meant slowly turning into an ogre of the "abusive big brother" model, cultivating and then eating their negative emotions so they felt they were in a good place and wanted to stay or just eating them if it didn't work, and having to go out into the hedge to hunt down other children to bring back to the family. Eventually, he bonded with one other kid (probably one of the other PCs), who tried to convince him that he was being changed instead of accepted. The climactic decision to leave Arcadia came as he caught an attempted escapee near the edge of the hedge, could hear the family's hounds baying behind him, realised that the escapee was the kid he had the bond with, and fled with him instead of bringing him back. Now he's one of those crust-punks who hops railroad cars, being protective big-brother to another PC, eating other people's sadness and pain so they don't have to suffer, and trying to figure out a way to feel accepted and loved without being a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread