Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

I know absolutely nothing about TORG, but I think "Cyberpapacy" is my new favorite word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

The posts about the WLD made me think of something - wasn't there at some point a D&D-compatible OGL campaign setting whose premise was that the entire world was one huge dungeon? I seem to recall it being some sort of demiplane or something. Anyone remember this?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Tasoth posted:

I'm game for seeing the Mutant RPG given it is supposed to be the precursor of Mutant Chronicles, and that setting has a special place in my heart.

The original Mutant setting and Mutant Chronicles are basically completely unrelated, though.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

Which of these games would people like to see:
Dresden Files RPG
Spycraft (So loving crunchy, like you won't believe)
A Song of Ice and Fire RPG
Iron Heroes (A "gritty" D&D variant from Mike Mearls back in the wild and wooly days of 2005)

Words are wind, rape's a jape, and my nuncle feasts on lemoncakes. Voting A Song of Ice and Fire.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Between the asps and the secret door hidden in a pit, I can't help but think that the local law is taking the wrong approach by sending in adventurers. They should be sending in a full work crew following union safety regs and just dismantle the dungeon.

Summon Lesser Wobblies
(Wizard 1)

Conjuration (Summoning)
Components: V, S, M
Casting time: 1 round
Range: Close
Duration: 2 rounds/level
Saving Throw: None

This spell summons 2d4 union activists (0-level humanoids). They will heap verbal abuse and scorn on any opponents designated by the caster. The summoned wobblies refuse to serve anyone above 3rd level, and will physically attack any higher-level wizard foolish enough to summon them. At the end of the spell duration, any wobblies still alive will demand honest pay for services rendered (usually 1sp/creature). If denied, they will attack the caster.

Material components: A small carboard sign

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

AccidentalHipster posted:

John Wick's Eldritch High

EDIT: Super Special Awesome Audience Participation Time! I wanna show off just one of the many kicks to the nuts that this game gave to me. To simulate this, I want anybody in the thread who feels like it to throw out a character concept for me to make BEFORE I hit Character Creation. Nothing too complicated, just a few personality traits and talents with maybe what dorm they're in or a preferred type of magic for your little Harry Potter OC to swing about. Trust me, there's a good reason why I'm asking for this NOW.

Castella D'Agincourt, Deceitful Necromancy Major and Secret Student of the Forbidden Arts

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

That's a really great word for anything Wick-made.

I just remembered Wick's avatar on the RPG.net forums is a chibi anime version of himself making what's basically a huge :smuggo: face.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

FMguru posted:

I dunno if Wick hated D&D so much as he hated 3E

John Wick posted:

Well, friends and neighbors, I have seen D&D3, and I can tell you this:
I'm doing a d20 Adventure.
I've seen the best WotC can do.
It was s***.

I'm gonna blow their socks off.
And they'll hold that book up at the steps of Wizards Central and shout at the top of their lungs: "Why can't you make something this good?"

Didn't he also hilariously fail to follow through on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Runebeard the Resplendent, dwarf master wizard.

• Locked thread