Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Depends on your cloning method.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pospysyl posted:

Instead, the tribe interbred with thylacines, more popularly known as Tasmanian tigers.

They interbred with thylacines. Marsupials. Literally the most distant mammal relations they could possibly find without laying eggs.

What?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hahahaha, flying a B29 loaded with an a-bomb through the pupil of Jormungandr. That is absurdly :black101:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Famine

Skull count +2. Skull total: 57

Hey! There's clearly flesh on that creature, he's got ears and everything.

Stop artificially inflating the skull count.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have some dice:

4, 4, 3, 3, 1, 4, 2, 2, 4, 3, 6, 6, 1, 4, 2, 5, 3, 5, 5, 3, 6, 2, 4, 5, 3

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Plutonis posted:

DEATH: When a character reaches 0 Hit Points, it's either dead or knocked out. It's up to the GM to choose so

I would suggest that this line gets round the meta-game shanking.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They were still arguing about it last year to see what could and couldn't be used in MechWarrior Online.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yes! I will be the greatest goon cheerleader.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm not actually sure if you can give Hobbits axes without deliberately spending points in it (which is super expensive). They can sneak though, they can sneak SO HARD. The game I played in had a Hobbit who would regularly roll 25+ sneak checks, in a game where a 20 is supposed to be a really loving hard task.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am the Happymancer Chef Spy, I will make you so happy with my cooking that you will tell me all your secrets.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My understanding of Ars Magica is that the answer to that question is always "Yes, but..."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
D&D at high levels has turned into spell lists the size of phonebooks, basic enemies with stat-blocks that run over multiple sheets of paper, or so many different effects, zones, auras, reactions, interrupts and god knows what else active at once that you need a flow-chart to work your way through a turn.

It works, sort of, but it's not what I'd call enjoyable.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They've got enough hydrogen to use it as a power source, they've got a method for oxygen extraction from regolith, and they import water?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Vibro-blades make a sort of sense. Ultrasonic blades certainly exist (though mainly in the textiles & food industries from what I know), the vibration stops the material sticking to the blade, so it cuts exceptionally cleanly.

How that would help it cut through super-armour, I do not know.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Shin missiles have always confused me. Why would you put missile launchers on the part of the robot most likely to be behind cover?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Those are their portable dialysis machines.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alien Rope Burn posted:

The WR-10: continuing German innovation in lovely clip placement.

That looks like it would be insane uncomfortable, if not painful, to use. You'd be holding it with your fingertips.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That almost works. If you have 60 points per term to spend on poo poo, but need to have a 70+ in the exam at the end, then there's a balance you'd need to achieve.

So if I do a study session for each of my courses every week I have 60+12d10 exam points, a range from 72-180, averaging 126, 12 points to do "other" things with. If I skip study two weeks out of a term, I could have 50+10d10 exam points, 60-150 (105), with 22 dossing about points. Skip four weeks, 40+8d10 48-120 (84), 32 doss points. There's potential for a power now vs. power later vs. character "death by being kicked out of the school" decision, which isn't necessarily bad. Could do with some of the edges filing off though, and some checks to make sure that the outside activities don't overwhelm the required stuff.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would say you are writing a review, not an exhaustive line-by-line dissection of the book. Don't feel that you have to cover every single idiotic point the writer decided to shove in.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bodysnatching worms and food logistics sounds interesting, but if the Catalan one is particularly Catalan, then that one.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tulul posted:

There's also a handy chart, which informs me twice that I have 50/50 chance of rolling a 9 or better on a d20. Good to know!

What? Even if it was a 0-19 die that still wouldn't work.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I want to see the Dune RPG, because I'm really not sure how they're going to make it work.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I made the worlds greatest baker in a version of MERP. He was a swarthy outsider of the wild, who was pretty rubbish at all of that but could do magnificent things with pastry. We never did work out if we were building characters properly, because holy gently caress there were a lot of steps.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like the ghosts thing. A nice little send off boost if your character perma-dies (or you just get bored of them).

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looks like a freemium game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The only reason to give anything stats is if you intend to be rolling dice for it. That either means the players are trying to kill it, or it's fighting along side them and they'll wind up attacking it anyway because it's a GMPC and it deserves it.

• Locked thread