Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

I like how one of the suggested names for that last ship is "McDuck".

:ssh: Doesn't sound nearly badass enough to deserve that name, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

quote:

So the Bunyip were free to shepherd them into a gentle and spiritual people that existed in peace and harmony with Gaia.
Which is a funny way of saying "wiped out almost every mammal larger than a dog (and several non-mammals of similar size, for that matter)" :allears:

U.T. Raptor fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 25, 2013

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

quote:

The most effective method (the book says) was the introduction of European agriculture. The clearing away of the brushland and the planting of cereal grains to destroy the native vegetation(?). The servants of the Wyrm also introduced Rabbits, horses, sheep, cattle, foxes, pigs, cats, and dogs to further harm the Australian spirit world.
Dogs were introduced thousands of years before the Europeans even showed up, drat it. That's what the goddamn dingo is :argh:

Also, the implication that all invasive species are part of some Wyrm plot is kind of hilarious.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Australian Megafauna are also still alive here, Giant kangaroos, ground sloths, flightless birds, Diprotodons, giant wombats, Goannas, and Marsupial Lions and thylacines.
That's a different loving continent drat it :argh:

:shrug: unless they're trying to talk about Palorchestes or something, but I really doubt whoever wrote this book knows what that is.

U.T. Raptor fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 19, 2013

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

MinistryofLard posted:

That, and diprotodons and giant wombats are the same thing, and big-rear end flightless birds are still around - they're called emus and cassowaries.
I think they're talking about Genyornis specifically (also "goannas" is probably referring to Megalania, I assume)

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Kurieg posted:

I'm not sure if their level of control within the Sabbat was ever really defined, but they got rid of them in a way that made sure that no author could bring them back, ever.

See, when something in the physical world is destroyed, it can show up in the afterlife if it has enough resonance with something else that's died there, this is known as a relic. Dude gets stabbed with a knife, he has a relic knife in the afterlife. The main base of the "True" black hand was Enoch, the first city. Caine's first city, which was a ridiculously powerful relic because of all of the people that died there. So when the wraiths found out about it, they did the only sensible thing, they used an even more powerful relic on it.

Fat Man.

The resulting explosion destroyed Enoch, broke the prison holding the Demons at bay, and (I think) created the avatar storm somehow.
That is amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Libertad! posted:

Teyr is a new nation to the north of Neraka, formed by and for draconians. During the War of the Lance draconians were created from the eggs of good dragons in an unholy ritual. Only the male eggs were selected, both for population control and for the Dragon Empire to better control them. A draconian general named Kang discovered the location of the female draconian eggs, and managed to capture them with the help of his regiment after the Empire's collapse. Emboldened with the discovery that they were a true race, they found an abandoned dwarven city to form a new society. From there, Kang created a new autonomous nation for his people. And they're non-evil, too! Teyr is a military government overseen by civilian leaders, and military culture abounds even though draconians are adopting "civilian" occupations and adjusting to relative peace. The nation is very well-defended, with military outposts along the borders.

Kang is my favorite Dragonlance character :allears:

quote:

On that note, Blode and Kern are not detailed in this book.
I kind of figured they would be, if only because of Golgren. Maybe the books he's in weren't written yet when they made this book.

• Locked thread