Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Kult is kinda awesome in that hilarious 90s way, do show it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
They're not, I think they're called the Five Metal Dragons, which is actually kinda cool.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

You should think that a game about being a flesh-eating undead abomination that trafficks with ghosts would be interesting, but somehow it isn't.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Aldi. (I'm pretty sure he's talking about that throwaway sentence where ghouls can eat animal meat but don't like it.)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

AccidentalHipster posted:

I'm not sure if all of the example heroes are references, but I know that a good number of them are so if I didn't point one out it's either because I didn't know or I didn't feel like it. Dungeons: the Dragoning is a game that really embraces the nerd habit of making pop culture references and does so pretty shamelessly. Some people don't like this, but I say that entertainment takes priority over originality.
They absolutely all are, even if you have to be an über-nerd to get some of them without looking them up. It's ok, though, because D:tD is parody first and a playable game second.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Forums Terrorist posted:

At that point you've just gone for "technology is magic" though.
That's not necessarily a bad thing. Look what messing with the line between the two has done for Eberron.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Double Cross just gets more amazing with every update.

quote:

Having control over the way air vibrates means having control of sound. Hanuman are the best Overeds at hearing, and they can pull the old "scream so hard the glass (and the other guy's cranium) shatters" trick. More interestingly, however, Hanuman can modulate their voice to cause specific effects. They can encourage their allies with a voice so pitch-perfect the allies get objectively encouraged. They can scold their enemies so hard their brains vibrate and their actual nervous functions go haywire. Among other neat tricks with voice. Yes, DX's bard-type character is the Flash. I like to think these powers make the Overed sound like acapella metal, complete with backing vocals, of course.
I think it makes them sound like Bene Gesserit.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Cyphoderus posted:

Also, there's dialogue to read aloud. Actually, how would I say this? It's not that there's a set script the GM has to go through with the players, but rather... DX gives a bunch of one-liners to its NPCs, for the GM to drop off when they're appropriate. Needless to say, they're all perfectly corny. For instance, for the very first scene of the very first Scenario, we've got this selection of lines for the main female NPC:

:haw:

Oh...! You guys need to see more of the suggested dialogue. It's great. Here's some from the villains in the climactic battle of this Scenario:

Oh, Double Cross! :haw:
Those are just wonderful. This game has the kind wry self-awareness that other anime RPGs just wish they had.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Redeye Flight posted:

Well, after giving it some more thought, what I'm doing it a whole lot less accurate, more... I guess stylized? I can't think of a good single word. But it's not a perfect 1:1 comparison, so I don't feel so bad now.
"Chauvinist" is the word you're looking for to describe Northern Crown. But then again it's basically "America Is The Best: The Roleplaying Game." You get what you pay for.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Dec 24, 2013

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Or you could just accept that magic fish elves can live wherever they want to, because magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Already? The old thread was nearly four times as large.

quote:

I'd still vote for him. The happiest evil emperor.

• Locked thread