Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorBright
Feb 7, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Wraith: The Great War is excellent. Wraith is by far the best written oWoD line.

Wraith was always my favorite of the old line, but also the hardest to find players for. Or maybe I should say, GOOD players for. I still remember one group I was in where they took being each others Shadow Guides as an excuse to CONSTANTLY dick over each other. In non-fun ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorBright
Feb 7, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

Wraith also got some of the weirder LARP rules. I helped a friend look them up some years ago because he was helping out with a Vampire LARP plot involving a burned-down orphanage full of ghosts.

Turns out that the LARP version of the level 1 Haunting power, Stonehand Fist (or something similar), has a potentially infinite damage cap.

See, the way it works is you play RPS over and over again until you lose.

Then you do damage equal to the number of times you won.

Actually had that used on me at a recent vampire LARP... Didn't take me too bad, but it torped the Tremere Primogen. I've never liked using the actual rules for other supernaturals when crossing over...

• Locked thread