Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Syrg Sapphire posted:

algai'd'siswai

That's their name? loving hell, it looks like someone barfed up a bunch of Alphabet Spaghetti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Kurieg posted:

The issue was that all of these books were in simultaneous development, and all by different writers, if they didn't want to pay attention to Hengeyokai, they didn't. Breedbook Mokole which came out 1 year later has all the information on both the Zhong Lung and the Indian specific tribe of Mokole. It has it's own issues, though, not least of which are because it takes place in Australia.
BB:Rokea just kind of acknowledged that Same-bito existed, but didn't give any statistics on them.

I'm pretty the Ratkin book discussed the Nezumi a bit, and even listed a couple of the Fetishes.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Tasoth posted:

BEAR SLUG.

ahhhh its fingers have little smilies on them

ahhhhhhhhhh

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Mexcillent posted:

They should do what most rpg companies do: be exploitative and shady. Got it.

Nerd business and exploitative shadiness are two great tastes that go together.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Syrg Sapphire posted:

How is nobody commenting on a game that has poo poo like this in it? Holy hell. They literally made "Troubleshooters: The Species" among other things.

Playing a Kch-Thk does sound pretty rad. Like a hungry, chitinous HK-47.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Ettin posted:

The last part is an adventure. It is not very long, but it's definitely something. I'm going to go ahead and write it up today and finally close out Mortal Remains (almost a year after I started, gently caress this book). I can't use Athena and co. here, though, so someone give me some Migou PC ideas. :getin:

A Migou who's an NEG turncoat, because gently caress you, CTech developers. :colbert:

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

goatface posted:

They interbred with thylacines. Marsupials. Literally the most distant mammal relations they could possibly find without laying eggs.

What?

The Wyld moves in mysterious ways, goatface. :iiam:

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Well, Apis was the sacred bull. And god, why has the internet tainted me so that the first thing I remember when hearing Hathor was that horrible comic about breastfeeding?

That was my first thought too. :smith::respek::smith:

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Beorning! That poo poo sounds :black101: as hell.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Tasoth posted:

I spent too much time thinking about that while trying to fall asleep and a clever GM could salvage it. Just have the boxes bind a minor mythos spirit/monster to it with a small portion of the B-cell's energy and whenever someone opens the box, it consumes the baby and erupts to wreak havoc and harm the warranty voiders. This has the benefit of keeping your proprietary technology solely yours as well as dropping a red herring for people to investigate as all they ever find in the box is a malicious spirit. Bingo, bango, no crazy EULA and Ashcroft can't copy your poo poo because they think it's powered by spirit mojo.

As this post demonstrates, I think baby battery isn't such an awful idea that it couldn't be done well by a decent writer (unlike rape furries).

It's just a shame no such writer is on the CTech staff.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

InShaneee posted:

Countdown, Chapter 6 - Tiger Transit

Tiger Transit is my favourite thing in Countdown, and everyone should get Countdown because of how loving cool Tiger Transit is.

Even though it's not really a scenario, you can run it as one with no effort. The agents find all these horrible Hound murders, then they discover the drugs, then they keep finding out all these layers to the conspiracy until it becomes sorely tempting to just blow half of Chicago off the map to get rid of these terribly well-organised cults (and the book tells you how to do that!).

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

FourmyleCircus posted:

On an related note, I have gotten shanghaied into running WGA

:catstare:

Why would you do this

Why would you consent to this

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Simian_Prime posted:

The Freak thinks the same of itself, but the narrator has no illusions of how its power has ultimately screwed up its life.

Totally relevant Greg Stolze quote, from an RPG.net thread titled, "How is the Freak so powerful?"

Greg Fuckmothering Stolze posted:

Things the Freak can do that you can't: Go into a gunfight bare-handed and confident. Shift appearance. Make money rapidly by selling psychic surgery. Kill with minimal effort.

Things the Freak can't do that you can: Have friends. Trust. Look at its own face in the mirror without psychological effort.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Barudak posted:

On the note of lost knowledge; are there any settings where you live in the current Golden Age of the world? So many fantasy settings are backwards facing and I'm not a big fan of it.

That's Eberron, isn't it? The big war that shook the world is over, and now everyone lives in magic super-cities with trains and robots and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

Bitchtits McGee posted:

While it's hardly breaking news that the vast majority of you, if not all, think your poo poo smells like a field of springtime lilacs, most of the time I'm able to keep my bile choked back to acceptable levels, but coming back to catch up on the thread and almost immediately tripping over the literal demonizing of political figures being breezily dismissed as a curiosity of the times caught me off guard. Had this not occurred, I would have had the next Meikyuu post ready by this afternoon-- or I might still, who knows, but in any event the schedule for its appearance here will have to be altered depending on how Winson decides to deal with the load of manure I've unceremoniously dumped on one of the threads in his charge. Alles klar, Herr Kommissar?

You're looking for the other D&D forum.

• Locked thread