Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Fixed that for you. :iamafag:

Freak Legion should probably get done at some point. It's probably the dorkiest RPG supplement ever in that it pretty much makes all the popular kids at school out to be literal monsters. Rifts will probably be keeping me busy for a good while, personally.

In five years, when you get to RIFTS: Canada, let me know. I'll show you were I was put in the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Return to the TOMB OF HORRORS, Part 10: Disregard the Law Enforcement Officials (And the Dragon)

Hello again everyone! Let's continue exploring Moil!

Who doesn't love exploring the City of Phalluses!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Young Freud posted:

I hope I'm not getting too head of ourselves, but, in recent years, hasn't the Rifts line pretty much spun off into space opera territory with the introduction of the Naruni and the Three Galaxies stuff?

Kinda, but the Three Galaxies was always presented as a Dimension Book: meaning a setting you can get to from Rifts Earth, and uses the Rifts rules, but where Earth isn't anyhwere near the setting, nor at all that important to the setting.

The Naruni on Rifts Earth are a tiny part of the whole, and too freaked out about the Splugorth to get ore active than they are now.

WHY DO I REMEMBER THIS poo poo

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Mutants in Orbit probably came off better than it did because I collated a lot of stuff that's a mess in the original book and skipped a lot of its science lessons. Having decent science is a rarity for Rifts, and it's useful, but it's also super-dry and my eyes start to drift when you talk about asteroid composition or solar winds.

One of the real issues with Wormwood is that it's based off of Timothy Truman's ideas, and you would hope that would mean lots of rad Truman art and writing, but you don't get that. Truman contributes like two or three art pieces beyond the opening comic (and no writing), and not to say Flint Henry isn't a decent artist - he is - but he's no Truman. (It also has an unfortunate amount of Siembieda art.)

Its main issue, though, is that it's just generically good versus evil, without much of a twist to it. We'll get some weird stuff that's better as the book goes on, but the base world is kind of a very generic fantasy plus "and then the ground is sweaty!" It doesn't really explore the whole living planet idea to the fullest extent it could.
I wouldn't mind a quick review of that Rifter article mentioned earlier. If it actually "fleshes out" Wormwood - so to speak - it'd probably be a nice cap to the actual book review.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Surprisingly enough, Rifts World Book 32: Lemuria did finally come out, though I think it's lacking Philosopher-Kings. It's a thing. :v:
To anyone who owns it let me guess as to the contents:
Lemuria is a crazy place filled with wild stuff!
In fact, there's so much stuff that we're going to spin it all off into two extra books!
Then, we'll spend every other paragraph talking about how you can learn more about this kinda neat thing in RIFTS: Lemuria 2 and/or RIFTS: Lemuria 3!

...Books that may never actually ever come out!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
When I was a teenager, my mother took a close look at the RIFTS corebook cover, and I proceeded to get no end of grief for the visible nipples on the Alteran Blind Warrior Women.

Telling mom that it was alright because they're actually parthenogenic didn't seem to help, for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Show me a dreamy dwarf and a dour elf.

• Locked thread