Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Domus posted:

Hey, Paranoia is hilarious, just in a cynical, soul crushing sort of way. Just like GlaDOS from Portal.

Honestly GlaDOS is quite possibly the closest example in a game to Friend Computer that I've seen, if a little bit more overtly homicidal. Just a smidgen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Cardiovorax posted:

That spell is a lot more funny if you imagine it summons pasta instead.

Finally, I can make a real Pastamancer.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Sooo...what is the deal with this, lore-wise? As far as I can recall, Raistlin was stripped of his godly powers, and his symbol was a spider or something anyway. I vaguely recall him filling in for Takhisis to pass some godly vote or something, but this seems kind of out of the blue.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Couldn't you just have the cities have a level of buoyancy themselves that kept them at liveable depths?

Edit: Then you could have some really neat things like migratory cities, that traveled slowly through the ocean along the currents.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Give Shannara some credit. It was the first(maybe?) by the numbers high fantasy Tolkien ripoff set on a dead ultra-tech culture.

ahahahaha I read this series as a kid but I guess I never got far enough to figure that out, awesome
Edit: I must've stopped reading before they explicitly spell it out

• Locked thread