Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Kickstarter is Schroedinger's store. You don't know if it's a store or not until you get your thing in the mail or the guy runs off with the money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

I have the strangest urge to buy a Numenera license and write the worst officially licensed supplement of all time.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

moths posted:

You'd go to jail if you tried to delay payment for an oven and tables until after your restaurant is open and making money.

This is called a bank loan.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Mors Rattus posted:

On the topic of wargames, how many out there don't have the painting aspect? I know there's HeroClix, but...well, putting models together and painting them is something that is really time-consuming and I'm not very good at it, but I want to be able to play some wargames, too. This feels like a market niche that just is not fulfilled right now.

Along this line, how do people react to proxies in casual play?

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

So this popped up.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Slimnoid posted:

Just remember, James Raggi apparently likes Varg.

An oroboros of poo poo etc etc

Not... exactly. Going through his G+, it definitely seems like he is linking Varg's video because it's weird to see a hardcore racist/murderer talk about D&D. "[H]e really doesn't sound any different than anyone else around here."

On the other hand, going through Raggi's blog post and links is... enlightening. Raggi made a G+ post to the effect of no matter what an unrepentant bloody handed murderer you are, it shouldn't stop people from buying your poo poo or collaborating with you.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

You can always discriminate against heterosexuals, which I suggest on general principle.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Pathfinder out sold 4e for four nonconsecutive quarters starting three years from the release of 4e. Assuming ICv2 is reliable. This in the ~5 years both Pathfinder and 4e were commercially available and does not include the 4e launch.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

The quickest way to bring in new blood to RPGs is to build a young adult party game. Some weird bastard of CaH and Fiasco. A little "edgy". Takes about an hour. Rules you could learn even if you're a little buzzed.

Pope Guilty posted:

You're mostly listing fans of activities or objects, whereas what Vampire tapped into was a scene based on aesthetics. That includes music, clothing, and, I think most importantly for an RPG to draw in a subculture, fictional narratives, be they Poppy Brite, Anne Rice, Brian Lumley, or Bram Stoker. I'm not sure what the RPG that draws in Tea Partiers looks like, since RaHoWa was a miserable failure that went nowhere.

...of course it also helps that the worst-kept secret of the gothic-industrial scene is that it is chock-full of nerds.

I knew it, Castle Falkenstein was way ahead of its time.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Dr. Quarex posted:

I forgot why I was told this was not likely, but why is it again that he cannot just be making up his entire life story? I mean, if you tell me there is "a sophisticated Uruguyan who details which cigars and tobacco varietals he is smoking while endlessly posting screeds against progressive values" I am going to assume, no matter how many times someone tells me otherwise, that this is a bored IT helpdesk guy in New Hampshire faking his IP address and wishing his life were half as interesting as he pretends it is.

He's a guy who seems to believe that a conspiracy of Maoist-Gynocrats are coming for his games AND that he can do real spells. Living in Uruguay and smoking mid priced pipe tobacco are the most believable parts of this story.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

OK so.

The US Congress is composed of the Senate and the House of Representatives,. The word Congress generally refers to the whole US Federal legislature.

Members of the House are typically addressed as Congressman, Congresswoman, or Representative. Members of the Senate are usually addressed as Senator almost exclusively. Technically, both Congressmen.

There are 2 Senators per state. Both are elected by state wide elections. There are 435 Congressmen apportioned by state population and then further apportioned into districts of roughly equal population size. Each district elects a Congressman.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

homullus posted:

Look, I know that neighborhood kid is hitting everybody with his slingshot and is actually causing some more serious injuries but have you ever considered that the problem here might be how you keep bringing him ammo

Are you drinking? Your posts in this thread keep getting worse.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Really, the way to go is Balero: The Stickening .

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

For perspective:

$6000 could get you:

300 lbs of Chessex dice.
A solid gold set of 10mm dice
A pretty good Black Lotus
8 copies of every 5e book with an MSRP
12 cubic feet of ebony
100,000 8MM Black wooden cubes

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

What Treasure Type table did you roll that on?!

Treasure Type: Why?

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

No mods No DungeonMasters

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

gnome7 posted:

Fellowship does not have the words "race" or "class" within its text.

This false consciousness will not stand!

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Bebe bees: they're exactly like normal bees, but they've been genetically modified to look exactly like Bebe Neuwirth.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Freedom of speech under capitalism means all the speech you can buy and all the speech you can make. Any larger principles about freedom of speech have largely gone out the window, if they ever really existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I don't know anything about Wil Wheaton the person but as an actor he's fantastic at playing self-absorbed slimeball villains and I'm actually kind of sad that I've only seen him cast this way once, and for a relatively minor part.

Don't confuse hating his character with hating his execrable acting.

• Locked thread