Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
GIVE ME THE FLAMES DOG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I am e flames. Lol, who works 70 hours a week???

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

:lol: even here nobody likes the Oilers

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Dauher posted:

What's the point of drafting the teams if when we're done we all just look around and say "well, good work guys" and call it a day? If there's not some kind of mechanism of having the teams then compete then I'm not sure I'll bother with sticking to it.

"I need an imaginary thing to tell me how good my imaginary team is."

How about we pick teams then talk about who has the best and worst teams and why certain teams are good and some are lovely? This is going to be fun, and who gives a rip what EA simulates?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

My strategy is to pick guys with funny names and cute bums.

25th? Goddamnit.

mennoknight fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 9, 2013

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

eXXon posted:

You're right, Crosby is too much of an injury risk. Let him fall as much as possible.

Actually this is going to be pretty hard, considering that a lot of top 10 forwards are near UFA status. Malkin's going to be a tough decision.

Yes, I would say that Sid Crosby is definitely the 25th best player available.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I think every GM should also have to pick a picture (a la Lou) and have them announce it. I have given the GM reigns to my Lanny McDonald doll:

"I am proud to have this new responsibility. I will follow the rules."

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I've got one through five pretty darn clear in my head, but after that - no clue. If anyone other than Crosby went first I would've made them repick.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Other players were considered, but it was a very short list. I'll know whether I made the right decision by the time I pick again.

Hint: you did

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Keep up the great picks guys I like the way this is going

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Yeah, new rule - no talking about upcoming picks? Talk about picks that have, I don't know, already happened?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

eXXon posted:

If you make pick times 6 hours you need to give time for people to sleep, especially if we're spread out between PST-EST.

I know you can send in lists, but at some point you'll get to a pick at 2 AM, and even if the next few have submitted a list you'll eventually hit someone without a list who isn't going to wake up before 8 AM in whatever time zone.

Can we wait more than say, 3 picks and an hour to modify the drafting rules? Chill out bros.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Man, I was really hoping he'd fall to 25th - I sure hope I can get some of his stellar linemates at that pick.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

My list went: Crosby, Tavares, Toews. You jerks.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Spamtron7000 posted:

I was hoping to get Price 2nd round.

Are you making GBS threads me? I had him pencilled in for my first pick with a (lol yeah right i'm sure he'll be there) beside it. I can't think of a better metis to build a team around.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Oh well, this is a no babbies allowed fake imaginary thing anyway.

That is such a handsome dude. Solid at 16.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I was holding out some dumb hope I'd pick tonight but I am already up way past my old man bedtime

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Good morning USA!

"No more pussyfooting around. We need a centre to build this team around. We pick Dean McAmmond. PSYCH we pick Matt Duchene."

Caphit $3.5M, signed through 2014.

mennoknight fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Apr 12, 2013

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I'd say I'm in my offensive prime right now - you bunch of crapeaters.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I couldn't find a better #1 centre, and he carries a very reasonable contract. People forget about Duchene because that team in Denver is just so so so bad. I see him breaking 90 points within two years.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

eXXon posted:

A better center under 25 or so, you mean? I think it's pretty easy to argue that ____ and ____ are better now...

Yeah, young. There are definitely guys who are better today - but not guys I'm interested in building a franchise around.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I have a boner thinking about who I could pick next, so don't screw it up anyone of the next 9 people

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

keep it up boys ride the snake let's get the snake goin

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Man i am totally getting a franchise player with my 2nd rounder. Bnnnnneeerrrrrrr jams

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

is this me now? i have to put my kids to bed but then I'll be down to make my pick.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

So, in the 2nd round - I'm going to pick a franchise defenceman who at the tender age of 23 has already led his team to a Stanley Cup victory and owns Olympic gold.

Drewsef Pouty Doughty. Welcome. We have finally filled the d-man gap in Calgary that's been empty since Steve Chiasson died.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Drew Doughty is expensive, and I waffled between him and another really expensive forward for a while, but the drop off between a #1 dman now and if I'd waited until 50 more dudes were gone was too big to ignore.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Verviticus posted:

yeah there wasnt going to be another #1 available that far down. it was a good pick where you were

Also, I disagree with your claim that Keith's better right now...Drew is so adaptable to play any kind of game, and the kind of game Darryl makes him play lately isn't as awe inspiring. For my money, he's he best all-around defenceman in the nhl.

mennoknight fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 13, 2013

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I almost took Perry with my first pick. Then i almost took him with my second. I wondered if maybe the collective anti perry bias mighht let him slide to the 3rd but I guess that was a pipe dream.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Voynov is a lot better than people think. Nothing wrong with that pick. We can keep slagging the Andrew Ladd pick though right? I can't believe two Jets are gone already.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

T-Bone posted:

Lundqvist/Chara and E.Staal/Kovalchuk are still my favorite duos, but I also like Backstrom/OEL and Malkin/McDonagh quite a bit.

Duchene/Doughty is underrated. Don't agree with the folks hating on that.

I don't either. Thanks for having my back.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

You idiots are supposed to be keeping the teams who didnt draft a centre from drafting a centre.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

elmer fud posted:

Still on my phone, I'm grabbing Bobby Ryan. Lets keep this draft moving.

If only he had fallen 30 more places. Well now I have to completely reasses! Good thing I have a week.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Man, I am beginning to think the guy I almost picked 2nd COULD actually fall to me! Don't let me down troops!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

Ehrhoff ... perhaps the best pp qb in the league

Really? It wasn't a bad pick, but this statement is a little outrageous. I demand a retraction.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Goddamnit. How did zetterberg get picked after say, andrew ladd? Or basically most of the third round picks before him? This was my secret dream boy 3rd round pick.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Vigilance posted:

With the 77th pick in the SAS NHL Fantasy draft, the Pittsburgh Penguins select, from Hobbiton, Martin St. Louis

Arrrrrrrggggh eat my steamy poo poo!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Just a warning, if it gets to me today there will be a delay. I have a physical in an hour, and I have had exactly zero time at work today and the only guy I wanted was Marty St Louis so you can all suck a duck and wait a bit.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

OK, I sent two picks to IANSS, so things should keep moving. Apologies if I hold it up with my 4th, but I want to put more than 3 minutes of research into that pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

OK, I just got back from the doctor. I am the picture of health. With that being said, I will now select a player who lives to hurt others and also to score points.

This smug mother fucker now headlines a top pairing of Doughty/Him. Who needs a goalie anyway with superstuds like this? Goalies are for morons. Also so are forwards. Nobody picked this guy yet right

Edit: oh ya that's Nik Kronwall

• Locked thread