Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

There's a lot of great local stuff in Orlando (and the Florida area in general) right now.

Flashlights, in particular. I'm good friends with a lot of the band, but that shouldn't really color my perception of them. They play really great pop-punk. Great people making great music.

They recently got signed to Hard Rock's record label and featured on SPIN, which is loving crazy.

Some other Orlando/Florida area highlights:

-Holly Hunt: Miami sludge metal. They blew me away when I saw them with Earth a few months back.

-Wet Nurse: Orlando pop-punk.

-Hauzarest: Vicious Orlando hardcore. Think Rohnert Park-era Ceremony. Sadly defunct.

-Bastard Deceiver: Tampa crust/grindcore. I think they're defunct, but Sacridose features members of that band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread