Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Oh hey, NPB chat.

I used to live in Nagasaki so I've been to a few SoftBank games. The atmosphere is unreal - don't go to the outfield seats unless you're ready to cheer all game long. But the result is great. I'm definitely pulling for the Hawks in this series, sorry Hanshin fans.

I've since moved to Tokyo and after going to a Swallows game in 2013 I think I'll follow them now that I'm up here. Why? Meiji Jingu Stadium has a really cool atmosphere for such an old ballpark, it's not too far from where I live, and gently caress the Giants. I didn't get to any games this year but I want to hit a few different stadiums next spring and summer - there's five teams in Kanto, might as well take in the sights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

On replay that play to finish Game 5 of the NPB Japan Series was a correct call...but I was watching the TV coverage and they didn't show a single. loving. Replay.

It was pretty bad, to be honest. If it was in MLB, then Fox or ESPN or whoever would've shown approximately 200 replays of that one play. Japanese TV? Not a one.

Hard on Hanshin but the Hawks won their pennant and the title, so yay. Can't wait for spring to come back and to catch some games and support the Swallows!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

This is a whole bunch of replacement-level dudes putting a hurting on Hanshin and the Giants. An Astro got a dinger. AN ASTRO!!!

• Locked thread