Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Any idea how hard it is to get tickets for Hanshin Tigers games, either at home or away? I've got a baseball nerd friend visiting me in Japan in July and August, and since we're almost certainly visiting Osaka I'd like to know if I need to plan well in advance for this sort of thing.

Also gently caress the Giants. I don't even need to know more about NPB to know they'll be as obnoxious as the Yankees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Ok is it just me or do Japanese baseball announcers say そうですね a lot? Its driving me nuts, I can barely watch the games because its just gotten to be distracting. I know its a common thing to say, but literally multiple times every single minute? It's a bit ridiculous, ね?

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

So if anyone happens to be watching the Marines tonight and notices two very lost looking folks sitting on the third base line, I'm the hatless one. Pretty excited about seeing my first Japanese game, heck its just exciting seeing a game in a proper outdoor ballpark considering all but one pro baseball game I've seen has been inside Rogers Centre...

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Indeed, haven't had that much fun at a ballgame in ages!

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

So I just learned the hard way that if the game takes too long, the TV broadcast will end before the game does. It's a shame, it was a very fun game to watch tonight...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

fisting by many posted:

Something that took me an embarrassingly long time to realize: PA-TV, the pacific league's version of mlb.tv, only bans foreigners from actually subscribing to the service. You can still watch the free highlight videos from anywhere.

They upload a ダイジェスト (digest) video for each game as well as a bunch of highlights, or you can hover over the game score banners and click the bottom link to see all the highlights from that particular game

If you're a central league fan, this is the only time that site is going to be of any use to you as CL owners are all a bunch of greedy luddites and hate the idea of baseball being available on media platforms they don't own. Sorry
It's finally paying off being a Marines fan.

For what it's worth though the service still works for me if I've got a foreign VPN active when streaming a live game. I wish it streamed in 720 or 1080, but since most people are probably watching on mobile devices I can understand a little bit why it's this way. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than MLB.tv too, so you get what you pay for.

Also worth pointing out you get something like a 33% discount on streaming if you're a fan club member for any PL team.

• Locked thread