Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

When we were in Tokyo in October the Giants had just beaten the Dragons. Wish I would have been able to see a game. They look like fun. If the famous Japanese baseball documentary Mr. Baseball is anything to go by I'll be in for a rip-roarin' time!

OK, who should I root for? I am a Mets fan so I need choking, terrible contracts and an awful front office! I was thinking about Chiba Lotte Marines just because when I was in Tokyo in 2005 Bobby V was the manager and they won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

OrangeKing posted:

These are very Mets things. Go Marines!

We got ourselves a team overseas baby!

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

mikeycp posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't realize that the Giants haven't lost a home game in three years.

I'm also glad that Kenta Maeda is doing good. I liked him a lot in the WBC.

Does anybody know where one could get NPB stuff besides eBay or having a friend in Japan? If such a place exists.

Dude, I lost a whole loving night trying to find a store in Tokyo that sold NPB stuff. Like snapbacks or even fitted hats for all teams. I couldn't find any but I had no real idea where to look. Every store I came across only had MLB or the Giants. The Tokyo Dome had Giants hats for 9000 Yen that weren't the size I needed and the rest were velcro. It was gonna be for my brother who needs to to be fashionable which is why it had to be either snapback or fitted.

If you find a place post it!

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

That's really helpful. I had no idea that was the way of things and just assumed it would be like here (US). That's my fault. I could have saved a night of frustration if I knew this!

Oh well.

Really digging the Rakuten selection though, especially that throwback Yakult. Gonna grab that for my brother! Sold out.

Funkysauce fucked around with this message at Apr 9, 2013 around 15:31

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Crovie posted:

Brutal end to that game though, Lotte were one out from making it 9 wins in a row with nobody on and somehow end up giving up a double with the bases loaded

God, us Mets fans have the perfect sister team, I love this team more and more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Is that why the showed Mr. Baseball on HBO last night?

• Locked thread