Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, Kuroko kicks rear end. I will probably not mind JC Staff's attempts to shoehorn her into the show more, and with 24 episodes (preview spoilers I guess)these kind of breaks are pretty inevitable (hopefully the timing of this "off" episode isn't too inopportune? It looked like Misaka was still doing more investigation).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

Look I'm only up to episode 8 of TTGL I don't respect Simon all that much.

Watch more of that show before anything else right now!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
The parts where Biribiri intersected with what, I gather, are early scenes from Index seemed stilted and weird, like they were very painfully purposefully the first scenes of the show so Misaka can't reveal or show too much emotion because she's not the "main character" of those scenes. Then they added internet monologues for her and Kuroko which were additionally stilted and artificial. The endless dark conspiracy plot itself isn't too interesting either, so I guess the redeeming part of this episode was the silly scenes with Misaka's school girl friends, which is not a great sign.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I don't want to defend the artistic validity of most of Railgun 1, but I did appreciate when all the characters had some kind of input and arc throughout the storyline, instead of just being sounding boards for Misaka's mental state. Maybe the heaviness of the current arc will pay off though.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I thought that the situation with Febri being so time-critical and dire would lead to involving someone like Kuroko, but I guess she's not so important that Misaka would consult any of her friends beforehand.

• Locked thread