Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Having had to go through Index 1 after enjoying Railgun (I have a thing for Procedurals), I have high hopes with this.

Really, Misaka is just a far more interesting character than Touma is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The problem is that the magicians in Index are just so boring and Index herself only got the one instance where she did anything but be the annoying loli side character (the golem fight).

That and Touma's power is boring too as it basically exists to stop the fizz bang whooshy magic/science from happening.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Redcrimson posted:

The official translations are kinda terrible, if you ask me. Biribiri is translated as "bugzapper", onee-sama is translated as "sissy".

Yeah, I thought that weird too. Honestly I'm mildly surprised they didn't go with the likes of Monica Rial or Hilary Haag for Kuroko given that's the sort of hole for them to be pigeon'd into.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Given what I heard of her in the Index dub, I kinda worry about how Kuroko is going to sound in Railgun with her trips into crazy lesbian land.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Honestly, if they keep Touma to being the Tuxedo Mask to Misaka's Sailor Moon (In that he's there to throw roses NULL:ALL punches and not much else) then I think i'll live with this arrangement.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Trips? She is a long-time inhabitant of crazy lesbian land and seldom leaves.

I mean when comparing Index to Railgun.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Myurton posted:

I do hope you realize that in both shows she is the exact same character. The only reason we don't see her being all crazy lesbian in the Index anime is because Misaka is not the main character in Index, therefore interaction with her is at a minimum. This is also the reason why Index and also Touma aren't as annoying/whiny in Railgun as they have a lot less screen time.

Yeah, that's what I meant. There's just not enough time for hilarity to ensue with Kuroko in Index and that's why we haven't heard her dub VA have to act those siutaitons out.

McDragon posted:

Oh, looks like it's going to carry on with the mix of serious and silly I like. "Oh no, my bag got taken by desperate criminals, better fly across the city and blow them up!" And I like that they've decided Kuroko can straight-up fly now. I mean, she was a bit like that in the first season, but this episode it was just ridiculous. :allears:
Well unless she's got a limit to how much she can bamf then she practically can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ArchangeI posted:

And the dream for A Certain Sarcastic Hivemind lives on. (Alternative titles: My Little Sister Is A Hivemind; My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be A Clone; Help! My Girlfriend Has 10000 Clones!)
You've been playing with that LN Generator, haven't you?

• Locked thread