Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

HellCopter posted:

Speaking of - out of the seven Level 5 espers in the world, how many of them are not terrifyingly crazy and/or power hungry? I know that power corrupts, but we have "kill everything while laughing" Accelerator, "kill Misaka for a promotion" Meltdowner, and "mass mind control just to be a dick" Mental Out. Did Misaka win the "sane human being" lottery?

Other than his obsession with guts, Sogiita Gunha seems fairly well-adjusted... relatively.

God I hope we see that guy animated.

LN spoilers
#6 hasn't appeared at all yet, which may have something to do with his power. Someone claiming to be him showed up in the latest LN, IIRC.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

Given the lunatics in Academy City....yeah, that's not outside the realm of possibility. What's worse: the idea came to them while they were probably sober.

Either they're really really really sweet or laced with something that an esper would react to. The only people who've tried it are Saten, Mii and Uiharu and the latter two had some kind of mild adverse reaction (assuming that Misaka and Kuroko's body poses in that same scene weren't from trying the lollipop themselves), so any esper would react to it. Which probably means that Saten might play a similar role to how the Poltergeist arc concluded in the first Railgun season. How the lollipops tie into Febri being an artificially created human, we'll probably find out down the line. What does strike me as odd is that Heaven Canceller (yes, that's the name of the frog-face doctor; Railgun sadly hasn't referred to him by his real name yet) simply gives up trying to help Febri after presumably one examination. Maybe he knows something about artificial humans and isn't letting on? I mean, the Sisters are technically the same thing as Febri, and he's helping treat the problems with the Sisters. So why give Febri a different diagnosis/outlook (other than the writers wanting to be done with her after this arc)?

Clones are still human. Febri is probably something else entirely, so the good doctor's medical expertise won't be of much use. My money's on her being an android.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

So, raws of the next episode are out.

Hello again, Telestina

EDIT: Subs are out

So Febri is not an android, but an artificial human with modified biology, and the lollipops keep her alive (props to whoever predicted that). I do like that Misaka shared this problem with her friends this time, instead of trying to shoulder the whole burden by herself again. I wonder if Febri's "sister" is actually older in appearance, or if they were aged to the same degree. Also, can't wait for more Kihara craziness.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 7, 2013

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

HellCopter posted:

How nice of them to give Telestina her own forward-facing throne for her cell.
A normal bench isn't becoming of a Kihara. Mad science demands impeccable presentation.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Tsuchimikado's sister got me thinking: I want to see representatives of Academy City's vocational schools in action.

Surely some enterprising students have perfected the art of combat plumbing.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

All you people complaining about Misaka not getting help from Kuroko last episode are going to love the new ep

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

legoman727 posted:

You know, if your plan is too stupid for KIHARA GENSEI to consider, then maybe you should really think twice about implementing it anyways. Also am I blind or was that him who Mitsuko's father was talking to?

I think that was a different old man. Kihara Gensei doesn't really have any reason to be at an aircraft factory.

Also, did anyone else catch the STUDY people looking at a monitor showing the status of Endymion?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

It isn't really about power, though, it's about public recognition. Aritomi isn't satisfied living under the espers' shadow.

The entire project is in service of Aritomi's ego, basically. That's a realistic enough motivation for me. Think about how pissed he was when Kihara Gensei dismissed his ideas.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 22, 2013

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

The subs are really late this week for some reason.

EDIT: Apparently the subbers had some schedule conflicts.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 29, 2013

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

What are the odds Shokuhou tricked Gensei into using the wrong code?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Relambrien posted:

I'd actually be kind of impressed to see him up the scale. I don't even know where you can go after (latest LN) literally the only extant things in the universe are the protagonist and antagonist.

I get the feeling Kamachi wrote that after playing Dark Souls.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I feel like I need to read the books to understand the significance of who that sister is, and why that one building was suddenly empty for no reason.

Any news on the next anime?

Rereading Chapter 60, it appears the building was empty because Shokuhou had taken control of the researchers and disbanded the project.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I think someone forgot how to count because here is another Chapter 71.

One girl's dream is another girl's nightmare

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Touma is more a force of nature than a character imo. He is a living deus ex machina whose entire existence is dedicated to saving damsels in distress and adding them to his absurd harem.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

More evidence that all high level espers are hosed in the head

Frankly it's a miracle that Shokuhou and Misaka turned out as relatively well-adjusted as they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

That's a clever way to defuse a stabbing of an unfaithful lover situation. Teleport a concrete block onto the knife, thus blunting it and weighing the attacker to the ground

And that kid's power seems pretty costly to use.

• Locked thread