Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Myurton posted:

I'm thinking that Toma will probably help Misaka during that one since he'll probably be able to just touch people to remove her creepy mind control crap.
That blond girl is destined to be punched in the face by Touma.
She has the perfect traits for a Touma punching:
-Hugely reliant on superpowers thus most likely to break down after her power don't work
-An rear end in a top hat so Touma can spout his speech about morals and stuff
-A girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
After learning that the project is real, Misaka probably did more research on it and then stashed it there. It was most likely in Index since this part of Railgun happens before the storyline in Index.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
They are both level 5s but if I recall correctly, the level 5s themselves are ranked and Accelerator is ranked above Misaka.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Dan7el posted:

I think this is the first ever Japanese anime where I heard someone say "meow" instead of "nyaa" for the sound a cat makes. And then, the cat said "meow" also. Which, I think, is more accurate than "nyaa" anyway. Actually, if I were to imitate it, I'd do more of an "rweorw" sort of. I don't understand the whole "nyaa" thing. It's just not very accurate, in my opinion.
It's actually "myaa" which is another form of "nyaa". You hearing myaa as meow is just another reason why onomatopoeias differ by language.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 13, 2013

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Well, it is kind of a natural stopping point between finding out about the project and doing something about it. I'm guessing they need to pad it out again since that's what happened in the first season.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, he can turn on his reflection barrier to be an automatic thing. In Index he even uses it to cancel out all sound around him to give him some peace and quiet.

ChronoReverse posted:

Speed doesn't really matter. Not sure why you'd think it would. Accelerator can bend light since it has a vector.
Because if he was actively deflecting things manually then he would need to calculate it faster than the speed of light. Then again, he might be able to do that because anime.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 21, 2013

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Next week's episode preview shows Misaka fighting espers. Looks like the city is fighting back with their big guns now.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I wonder if Item is strictly a contract group or do they have direct connections to the head of Academy City like GROUP. For those that don't know, GROUP was a group of espers in Index who were blackmailed into following the orders of Academy City and had a similar structure to how Item worked in this episode (middle man gives the orders and they do it). And yes, it is a really unoriginal name.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Not sure if this is a spoiler but spoilering just in case: I've seen "Frenda" spent as "Fre|nda" or "Fre_nda" on other anime forums. Is this just a disagreement about the canon spelling of the character, or is there a deeper significance to the variations in the spelling of her name?
This was spoiled to me and the reason behind that naming is a spoiler. The reason will become clear in the next season of Index probably.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
They can't really go against what sells.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

"GROUP"? There's seriously a group in the series called "GROUP"? :lol:
Yup. They're also the "good guy" group and made up of side characters from the earlier arcs of Index so if you follow this series they'll come up a lot.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Well, there's a group named "SCHOOL" so you're partly right.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I don't remember. Did Misaka ever meet Last Order in the anime? I know Touma has seen her but I don't think we ever had a scene were they were together.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
This weeks episode was another action packed episode and some of you guys might like to know that there were no slice of life segments in this episode. Kuroko and co didn't even appear outside the opening and ending theme.

Why do I have the feeling Meltdowner is going to do the facility destruction for Misaka next episode

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'm kinda curious now how many people here are watching the show cold, and how many are neck-deep into the LN's and manga and already know everything that's gonna happen. Cause the normal reaction to excellent episodes like this isn't "oh hey more action :geno:", it's typically more "what do you think the repercussions of uploading emotions to the MISAKA network is going to be? Why did they call in the scientist girl anyway? How does Meltdowner know where Misaka is headed? How much info was ITEM given about this mission, since it appears that girl who could stop bullets wasn't interested in the clone in the pod and is somewhat aware of what's gonna happen to scientist girl."
Well, the answers to your questions are straightforwardly answered in the episode so there's no real reason to discuss them. I'm saying this as not having read the LN and from the information we learned in this episode.
Basically:
1. The upload failed so nothing is changed. There's a new security system that was installed as shown in the form of Last Order who acts as hub for the Sisters Network.
2. They called in the scientist girl to help them transfer all the data in the facility to a new one because they know they'll be attacked by Misaka sooner or later.
3. Meltdowner knows where Misaka is through the other girl's power. The girl with the Stalker ability or something. Frenda explained the power in this episode.
4. ITEM probably doesn't know much. They were contracted through a 3rd party and only care about doing their job.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Railgun has now caught up to the start of the Sisters arc in Index. They'll most likely retell the story through Misaka's point of view in the coming episodes so if you want it through Touma's view you can start watching from episode 10 of Index (that episode starts off with the vending machine scene so it starts where this episode stops).

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
On the other hand, Touma doesn't hold back against anyone, neither the old or children are safe from getting punched in the face by Touma. He's also gender neutral in his face punching which is a refreshing change of pace. If you're an rear end in a top hat you are going to get your face punched no matter who you are.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Redcrimson posted:

The only real problem I have with the resolution is that the character that Misaka ultimately confides in is Touma. A character that got maybe 10 mins of screentime in season 1. And while I realize the Sisters Arc was originally an Index arc, it feels incredibly dumb in Railgun. Misaka already has her own posse of sidekicks, but instead Touma just stumbles in and Deus ex Punchinas Accelerator in the face. I think the arc would have been great with literally any other character in Touma's place.
That's because the Railgun anime and manga are targeted at Index fans and you are expected to have watched/read/have some understanding already. Touma's appearance makes more sense from the Index point of view (in that he will help anyone in trouble and Misaka and the Sisters where one such case he stumbled on to). This is a retelling of the Index story arc from a different point of view so it's more enjoyable if you watched the Index arc too.

Edit: As an example of this show being for Index fans, the Niconico comments on the Railgun episodes are overjoyed when Touma appears and everyone is calling him "a cool dude" and that he's awesome.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 14, 2013

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

veekie posted:

So to fight 20,000 remote controlled robots, you use 10,000 Railgun clones and also Uiharu hijacks the entire city's security robot force.
Most of the MISAKAs have been shipped out already so there's probably only a handful left in the city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The lasts episode was certainly something. It was a little too wacky for me with a huge battle with lower level espers but no one seemed to get hurt even when bullets started to fly, a giant transforming robot which Saten could pilot with masterful skill for some reason, and a convenient plot device so everyone forgets about the whole thing. It also tried to shoe horn every character in which seemed kind of awkward.

• Locked thread