Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I watched index, guiltily... it seemed wrong somehow but I couldn't stop.

Why is teleport girl getting her neck snapped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

His laugh is meant to be awful. Thats the entire point he wouldn't work as well without the creepy jerkface laugh.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Episode 1 out on funimation

:v: I liked it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Myurton posted:

I'm thinking that Toma will probably help Misaka during that one since he'll probably be able to just touch people to remove her creepy mind control crap.

:v: Well they currently formed an alliance of some sort so we shall see if creepy mind power girl needs a good punching or if she has reasons

Also her powers don't work on a lot of people. Likely any level 5 can either fight or in misaka and accelerators case just brush off her stuff. She does not like to work with people whom she can't possibly mindfuck because she can't be sure they are trustworthy unless she can look.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 19, 2013

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

nielsm posted:

Episode 3 was just great!
(This Kuroko face looks as if it was taken straight from YuruYuri.)

Although it did seem kind of out of character for Misaka to be so good at hacking stuff. I can understand rewiring electric and electronic stuff, but affecting software on that level seems odd to me. Oh well, it made for some good scenes.

She literally controls electricity, computers are electric so she can freely alter the 0s and 1s (off and on) by moving around the electricity in the computer. Electromaster is literally MASTER OF ELECTRICITY

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Parpy posted:

But doesn't that mean she needs to be able to mentally process every keystroke as binary on the fly and have a solid enough grasp of TCP/IP, routing, programming languages, SQL and other database languages, general h4x, etc.? You can't just ram a surge of electrons through a computer and expect it to cooperate. Kamachi.exe, please. My immersion.:reject:

Pretty much, Accelerator reprograms a brain by changing the vectors of memory. Also remember that Uiharu is a better hacker than misaka without electrical powers.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

WE are probably gonna see touma vs accelerator again since that had several chapters in the railgun manga.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PastaSky posted:

This episode stuff:

I didn't see that dismemberment coming. I kept expecting Misaka to arrive at the last minute. Misaka better pound that guy into the ground. If she can't do that I want her to call kuroko and have her teleport several spikes into that guys brain.

(Index) YOu are gonna be very disappointed. Until Accelerator gets the Jerk punched out of him by Kamijou

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 14, 2013

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The other thing missed a lot is that the fruits of this were to be later used to boost Mikoto as well. It is mentioned that there would be adjustments to mikoto based off this as well, so the Misaka's get given 0 information about accelerator and have to learn as they go and get brutally slaughtered. Then I guess they upload all the information into Mikoto for SCIENCE or something. They probably wouldn't have much of a problem dumping all the information from the clones into her given their tech the network not being linked to her is likely deliberate.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Joshlemagne posted:

Please stop posting spoilers for poo poo that isn't this show without marking them. For like the fiftieth time.

Because it is also going to happen in this show?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

Um, yes? That's exactly it. It is an unmarked major spoiler for this show. Quite a few people in this thread don't know how this arc plays out.

Yes, thus my spoilering it to keep it in the dark for those who wish no spoilers, you were agreeing with me right?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fightest posted:

So what's the justification on Accelerator deflecting lightning bolts? Projectiles I can understand, but a lightning strike is a speed-of-light discharge. Considering that technobabble is apparently a thing in the source material, I'm wondering why he hasn't been fried yet.

It is set to reflect by default, he doesn't have to do anything to knock stuff away, he has to actively not do it to touch things.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fightest posted:

He's also immune to disease, no doubt, as that would require a delivery vector :downs:

No that is fairly correct, if the disease can't touch him it can't do poo poo, even if something got in he can manipulate inside his body and just fry their fragile viral/bacterial bodies.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

tonberrytoby posted:

[/spoiler]
For comparison this is how Touma approaches the same situation: ( Index spoiler)

He finds out about the whole project by literally bumping into the documents while hiding under a bed.
Then he plans to just beat up Accelerator. Which will stop the project because Touma is the weakest man in the city.
He knows he will succeed because he is the main character, and basically shouts that at Misaka.

If Mikoto could simply beat up Accelerator she would have done so as well. In this case the experiment is based on Accelerator cannot be beaten and thus is the best candidate for level 6 training but we have to do it exactly perfectly to get it to happen. If you can succcessfully beat the unbeatable the experiment becomes moot. And Touma does know for a fact he can negate esper powers and thus stands a reasonable chance of putting his fist into Accelerators face.

The real issue is they use this solution for every single thing involving him. Punch their bullshit

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I've been reading the LNs / reading spoilers, and the AIM burst from Railgun season 1, might turn out to be important or something.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ChronoReverse posted:

Railgun only viewer here and it was a good episode for me. I'm appalled at how backed into a corner Mikoto is. It's not even fair (obviously).

It is not accelerators fault someone jammed a gameshark into his infant skull and put in every single cheat code.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

20000 adaptive slimes. Also there are multiple factions at play in academy city, some of which are quite quite aware of Touma and his Imagine Breaker. Don't assume every faction is out to do the level 6 Shift. Remember how Girl-who-got-put-on-a-bus was doling out money cards to disrupt the experiment, they cannot afford attention. Just because they have a lot of backing doesn't mean heads wouldn't roll, which would disrupt the experiment and they cannot afford ANY large disruption like shutting down for a few months would cause. Also there is probably a "What if Imagine Breaker beats up Accelerator?" faction out there

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Touma is involved in so much poo poo because after Index, Touma becomes a major factor and tool on the magic side of things, and he HAS to help them or they will just drag off Index again. He then gets on the Science sides Radar after PUNCHING OUT ACCELERATOR, and there is constantly mentioned and reference behind the scenes maneuvering to involve him into various conflicts... and he has no luck to help him avoid poo poo. Literally zero luck because of his powers.

likely: We will see an episode that happens around when angel fall is going on and all characters get replaced by other characters, Mikoto becomes the Disrobing Scientist/Level Upper woman.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

For the railway bending, he kicked it with his foot, which bent it into knots, touched it again to explode it along the knots and throw them at Touma at the same time.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

That and his plan is still terrible and stupid. Unless Touma is willing to physically scramble Accelerator's brain, it should by rights be zero reason to stop the experiments. The City has sunk so many resources into him that their response to Touma doing his thing should be "oh, I wonder what's his shtick? While we're finding out, let's continue slaughtering the clones".

Huge Spoiler

He kicks the crap out of accelerator and makes Accelerator rethink what he has been doing, which stops the experiments because accelerator is no longer willing to kill misaka clones. No Accelerator, no experiment. Incidently Accelerator has not been punched enough yet.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

I came into the last two episodes expecting a total hijack of the show where Misaka essentially became inconsequential. On the contrary, the last two episodes were both fantastic, and sold itself to both sides. It managed to let Touma be actual victor as per the LNs without taking away Misaka's accomplishments. She will probably always be Super Tsundere because gently caress the LNs, but at least that aspect of her only shows up with Touma.

Its still odd that they never mentioned the researcher after her capture though.

The researcher is never mentioned again, EVER

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Indexverse author is constantly working on the storyline, so the animes are more detailed than the LN and manga and explore in deeper detail the poo poo that happens. :shrug: I don't got a problem with it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

I hope the remainder of the season includes at least one episode featuring Sogiita Gunha. I still don't know what his powers are (other than being AMAZING) or what he actually does on a daily basis, but I've read that one manga chapter at the start of the Sports Festival arc where he and Misaki recite the sportsmanship pledge and I'd love to see him making an appearance in the anime.

Don't worry, BECAUSE HE HAS NO loving CLUE WHAT HIS POWERS ARE... other than being AMAZING

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Let's put it this way. Mental Out could be worse.

Manga spoilers but mental out could be a lot worse, luckily she spends most of her time loving back over the dark side of academy city who obviously want those sweet brain melting powers

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

...except she doesn't. What on earth are you talking about :confused:

Out of all the L5s that I've seen so far, the whole point of Railgun is that she's the most normal and relatable character to be used as a viewpoint. The whole fighting Touma thing is because Touma has narrative warping powers so that everything is selfishly about him :v:

Mental Out's motivation is she understands that her power forces other human beings to isolate their true selves from her, and so she wants her one friend back..

Maybe falken means Meltdowner?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Mental out dislikes the other level 5s likely because they are all immune to her bullshit, Accelerator would unconsciously deflect her mental stuff, Number 2 has his own thing which probably protects him, Mikoto 100% is immune by her own admission and since they share a very similar power base Meltdowner is probably also protected, #6 is an unknown but likely, Sogita is of course far too awesome to be messed with, and the thing is Mental out is paranoid, she desires to be able to look into peoples brains so she can KNOW their motivations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

To people who have read ahead: There was some article posted pages back about Railgun S post-Sisters being predominantly fanservice, which I couldn't care much less for. Is there something worth sticking around for now that the Sisters arc is completed?

Who knows, There is some stuff between the end of the sisters arc and the start of Daihaisei or whatever the festival is exactly named which will be Railgun season 3 in all likelyhood.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Screwing with a level 5 or someone with equivalent force alone is stupid, more than one is just mindbogglingly dumb.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The Catholic Church is composed primarily of douchebags and douchebaggery it seems

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Chapter 64 is out.

Nobody gives a poo poo about that, though, cause A Certain Droll Hivemind also updated. For those wondering, her name translates to "Just Misaka". :allears:

I give a poo poo about 64.

Sogita is so amazing, also we get to see the return of ability networking

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I do too. The idea of literally throwing Touma at the problem amuses me greatly. I also love that his hand is no longer the instant problem solving cheat code it usually is, and all in all this is a pretty great chapter.

It never was, Touma is running into the whole innocentius/other projected things problem, he can stop it for a moment but it keeps applying until he can punch the source

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

That guy is a dickhole. Easily distracted dickhole at least

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

This seems like the best place to put it but...

Accelerator Chapter 1

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Accelerator manga is up to chapter 3, also very dark already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The Accelerator manga is also getting updates.

It is a lot grimmer than the other two for sure

• Locked thread