Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I'm excited. The "Sisters" arc is probably the best thing to come out of this series, and the expanded story from the Railgun manga made it way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

All the actually interesting stuff from Index comes from the stuff that hasn't been animated yet. Season 2 of Index in particular are probably some of the more dull books getting animated, I thought season 1 was pretty strong.

Light novel spoilers: The British Civil War, the fight with Aqua, and god drat World War 3 would be incredible if it ever gets animated.

Still, Index as a whole focuses a little too much on magicians and not enough on espers, and the espers are probably a lot more intersting, so that's why Railgun is more entertaining I think.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Basically if you liked episodes 10-14 of Index Season 1 (with the MISAKA network "sisters"), you'll probably love this season.

They go into way more depth of all the behind the scenes stuff dealing with those episodes, leading up to the climax you saw in Index S1.

Otherwise, Railgun (at least the first season) is less overarching epic battles (though there are a few of those) and more slice of life with special powers.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Seeing Accelerator in that OP is making me excited. He's probably my favorite character in the series. I can't wait to watch this.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I dunno, there's some REALLY bad rear end stuff that come in the novels yet to be animated.

But yeah, this arc is very hard to top.

I haven't even watched this season past episode 2. I know that if I watch the episodes of this arc week to week, I'll go crazy (even if I already know everything that's going to happen). I'm just waiting for this arc to finish then I'm gonna binge it all at once.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

On another note of the light novels (no real spoilers), it should be said that so far through the series, nobody has seen just how powerful Misaka actually is. In some of the later novels, she finally gets to cut loose and unleash her inner :black101:. I would give a pinky to see those later fights animated. Unfortunately those would be part of the Index series, and not Railgun.

Basically put her in a fight with some of the most powerful people in the world (who isn't a walking video game cheat mode like Accelerator is), and it's kind of crazy the stuff she pulls off.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

They should spend the rest of the season animating the Liberal Arts City light novel. :colbert:

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Redcrimson posted:

Wait, the poltergeisting arc isn't in the manga? That was pretty much my favorite part of season 1.

It isn't shown in the manga, but the scenes from the anime are canon. Characters introduced in that arc (Haruue) are around in the manga during the Sisters arc (at least in sticker pic form). The events happened, they just happened off screen in the manga.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Clarste posted:

I don't recall Haruue being in the manga at all, although I might have missed some tiny cameo.

It's a "blink and you miss it" moment:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/151006/to-aru-kagaku-no-railgun_v6_ch32_by_animum-mutare/21

Pretty much confirms that the Poltergeist arc happened off screen in the manga though, since she doesn't show up there at all.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Clarste posted:

One problem with that arc is that it heavily involves the other half of the Index franchise which so far hasn't been mentioned in Railgun. In the novel there's an awful lot of Misaka rationalizing it to herself, but I don't think that would really work in the anime.

They better make it work, I want to see the last fight of that novel animated. :colbert:

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

I admit it, I teared up just a little bit.

I am a sucker for emotional manipulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Saten: Best Bro

• Locked thread