Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Though anime is never to be taken seriously on pain of becoming an awful human being (similarly blogging), I love that description of Index.

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Endorph posted:

Or maybe Index is just a mediocre show with some moments of bad writing. I don't think it's really 'kill everyone involved' bad, even from a sexism standpoint. Maybe my standards are really low from years of anime, iunno.

Under the 'never take anime seriously' clause i don't actually wish death upon the creators, it just summed up, somewhat extremely, what annoyed me about that series, I still watched it and enjoyed parts. I make no judgement here in the animu depths.

Also, that blog is an exemplary case of Poe's law, except for maybe that a parody wouldn't be so extensively and deeply characterised... she makes some salient points about sexism but there's a whole lot of :catstare: (THIS ANIME IS GOOD BECAUSE ALL OF THE CHARACTERS ARE WOMEN :byodame: TAKE THAT NECKBEARDS )

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jun 25, 2013

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Nate RFB posted:

Uiharu is the scariest character of all.

Is this an omake bit from the official manga, or a doujin?

I guess i'm asking for the source of this image.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

ArchangeI posted:

Anti Skill is the official Police force. But yeah, that threw me for a loop. "Welp, its after dark, the Police have closed shop, nothing you can do".

To be fair, it seems like half of them are children and so need their sleep :v:

• Locked thread