Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

OnimaruXLR posted:

Yeah the way the sound is kind of like... not understated, but utilized more conscientiously? Than just having a BGM running all the time in the cliche ways it could be. The scene where the old drunk dude charges that giant, and then stops, and then the audio just goes dead, he stares at a second, then turns around and runs the hell away was magic.

Real good first episode.

That bit won me over more than anything else. That, and how strangely horrifying the giant looked in that moment. It filled me with a genuine sense of dread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

novaSphere posted:

That Hellsing one was actually incredibly good. If I wasn't in on the gag, I would have thought that was an official trailer/OP.

Wow, right down to flashing the manga panels. I wonder if it was the same person who designed both OP sequences?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

RuBisCO posted:

GOT IT COACH.

Connie was goofing off, but I'm pretty sure Sasha was being deadly serious with her crane style there :allears:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Gyges posted:

So glad they used the still shots for walking and talking and not for the rampage of Rage Titan. The armless angry bite with his ribs exposed, transitioning into a crazy judo throw via clenched jaw was well worth it alone. Plus the few Titans who didn't get killed by him got a parting death stare.

Guess they shouldn't have made Eren angry.

This kind of makes me think the process would work only on Eren. He has a single-minded, genocidal hatred of titans. I imagine killing every last one of them is the first and last thing he thinks about every day. And from what we saw, the Rage Titan was driven not by the hunger of normal titans, but Eren's hatred of the Titans, distilled and boiled until it reached its highest, insane purity. I imagine that a normal, sane person wouldn't survive the process because normal people don't take knives and hunt down kidnappers in the wilderness in the name of JUSTICE :black101:.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Segmentation Fault posted:

You're now imagining 3 inch tall Attack on Titan action figures that come in happy meals, scaled to do battle with human-sized titans.

EDIT: Actually doing the math to figure out how large an Attack on Titan action figure would need to be to be scaled correctly with a 5 foot, 6 inch human playing the part of a 15-meter Titan really sank in just how huge the titans are. If a 15-meter titan was scaled down to 1.7 meters, then a 1.7-meter tall human in that scale would be less than two centimeters in height. The smallest-class four-meter titans would be less than half a meter, and the 60-meter Colossal Titan would be 6.84 meters, or about 22 feet. In other words, if a 15-meter class titan was human size, then the Colossal Titan could still look over the roof of a two-story house.

Yeah, but if you scaled it all down so that the Colossal Titan was one meter tall, you'd still have some pretty cool toys :D

Daww, look at that little 3cm Sasha with her tiny potato accessory :3:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fingers of Fury posted:

I still don't understand why they thought he was a titan. Who in their right mind would would assume surviving being eaten means you're a shape shifting wizard?

Because five years a titan taller than the wall appeared and kicked everyone's poo poo in, along with his buddy the Armored Titan, who by all appearances is a living locomotive. Combine that with the regular aberrants and this guy is scared shitless that they've mutating into some sort of strange infiltrators or a disease something, who cares, kill it before it eats someone or spreads!

Also, there are quite a few witnesses to the Rage Titan punching the heads of giants to and fro. I don't see why they wouldn't know he was the titan, or are you asking why they're assuming his emergence is because he was the titan? Because they're not giving him the benefit of the doubt, because people don't just emerge from the bodies of dead titans. Also, the others probably hinted that they thought it was Eren after he emerged.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I should have learned to stay away from this thread after the episode airs. Even a day and it goes to poo poo :(

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mercrom posted:

That spoiler is a joke right? It sounds really retarded.

My first reaction was that it must be a joke, given how people praise the manga for being "realistic", having a great story, and such. But everyone seems to be reacting like it is...

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mercrom posted:

I really, really liked the first half of this episode, but then nothing happened in the second half. The speech by glasses girl about soldiers being people was absolutely terrible and felt like the most desperate filler imaginable to draw out the episode.

Definitely better than the last two though.

That speech was so annoying. All I was thinking during it was why are you telling this to someone who just lost almost his entire squad and nearly half of his graduating class (the portion that mattered, anyway)? He knows drat well that the soldiers down there are people with lives and friends and family.

That was my only real gripe aside from thinking this was going to be an action episode. But hey, I can wait.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Darth Walrus posted:

Remind me, have we ever seen Mikasa look anywhere near as murderous elsewhere in this show as she did when Levi was beating on Eren? Because if looks could flay, that dude would have left the room in a bucket.

Usually she just gets cold. Hell, I don't think she even gave her kidnappers that kind of look before murdering them.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Spiritus Nox posted:

If you're right, I definitely have to ask that character: why? Because that could easily, easily turn out feeling like a complete rear end pull.

Obviously it's because she was tired of always being the shortest one in the room.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dukka posted:

18: The 'cover your ears' order makes me assume they brought some sick nasty speakers in on those supply carts.

Sgt. Skrillex has devised a countermeasure that will reduce the Titans' bones to jelly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Assuming the Female Titan is Annie, I'm having a hard time believing she's entirely in control of herself in Titan form. This recent episode seemed to show that while she's driven, she's got a sadistic streak as a titan, like when just kept whipping around that guy on a string long after he was dead. No need for spooking the last guy into running when she's just going to punt him anyway, unless she's getting a kick out of it.

Considering her last words before leaving, her driving motivation is staying alive. She seems like a cold, efficient person. A killer, maybe. A sadist like we've seen is hard to believe, unless it's another person entirely, or, like Eren, she only has limited control as a Titan.

• Locked thread