Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Learned about this series from Captain Invictus post in the GBS Youtube thread. I haven't heard of the manga...heck I haven't watched an anime in years. Really sold on that first episode.

Should I expect a subbed episode 2 a week from today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I didn't see any female giants but then again the naked male giants had no genitalia. What gives?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I haven't watched anime in what feels like a decade. Now that this show is picked up I assume YouTube links are :filez: now. What is the best way for a Canadian like me to keep up with this series? Do I subscribe to Crunchyroll or Funimation?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

If you make a Crunkyroll account through your PS3 you get a 30 day trial opposed to the 7 or 10 day off the site. I started watching the J-Drama Random Hero which is so stupid it's awesome!

Can't wait to rewatch episode 1 and watch episode 2 of Titans tomorrow.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

So anyone else think the people in the centre of the kingdom are controlling/creating the Titans?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Does anyone know when episode 5 will be streamed on CR? Is it because it is golden week? I'm confused.

edit: nm. read in the notes to episode 4 it will be delayed until Tuesday. Plop.

Housh fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 5, 2013

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

So can we assume Eren comes back as a cyborg?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Rei_ posted:

The Pomegranate is a reference to a buddhist story about a giant that learned to eat Pomegranates instead of people. It's a direct reference to the Angry Titan that doesn't eat people, but it's also a paralell to the small blade. Both Mikasa and Armin are seeing the small blade as a means by which to abandon all hope to the cruelty of the world, Armin through suicide and Mikasa by just plowing through it swinging. The Pomegranate is supposed to be 'another path' to survive, hope, basically.

Thanks! I was wondering about that since I absolutely love pomegranates.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I love this show cause it brings back memories of junior high.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Goddamnit!!!! Get to the basement already!!!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I thought the series was great. I hope it gets renewed for a 2nd season. I think I'll buy a Survey Corps sweatshirt :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Captain Backslap posted:

Did your dad watch any of it? Potential hilarious vid material, there.

I could try but I don't know if Baba has patience to read subtitles anymore. Would be funny to film a montage of him doing something to the opening music though...

• Locked thread