Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

:neckbeard: I've been waiting for this! Love them cutie baby sheep (and goats).

Is it weird I'm super excited someone on the internet bred a lot of their livestock this year? Because I don't even care. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Horns are really hard and full of blood vessels, there's really no way to just trim them like a cat's claws. It's more like cutting through bone than through nail. You would need a wire saw or something like a tree branch nipper and there's not a good way to see where the core ends so you run the risk of cutting that and causing a ton of bleeding or getting infected and needing the whole thing removed anyway. Easier to just cauterize the buds before they develop and while the kid is still teeny and easy to handle.

At a Goat Day festival once (this is a thing in rural north Florida), we saw a lot of people using tennis balls on the end of their goats' horns to prevent any injuries. It was super :3: to see these big bucks and their massive sets of horns, with neon yellow tennis balls stuck to the ends of them.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

I will when I bring him to shear and take pics for you. Due to a certain freckledog I have quite a few punctured tennis balls around to use.

Haha, yesssss.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

LoreOfSerpents posted:

Have a silly Goliath doodle:

Apparently sheep are hard for me to draw. But I love your animals. :3: Hopefully the little one makes it!

This is the most :kimchi: thing.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Women's Rights? posted:

I will never accept her being named anything else.

Then it's official.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Pogonodon posted:

Not exactly livestock, but I couldn't think of anyplace for poultry to go, so have a load of guineafowl keets that hatched the last three days. Plus three bantams.

There's also a backyard chicken thread that would love to see these. :)

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

piscesbobbie posted:

Came across this ADORABLE video on YOUTUBE. http://youtu.be/_DUsuASjDis I think I want me some goats and/or sheep!

'Somebody make them stop, they are so soft.' LOVE IT!

That was a motherfucking delight to watch. All those babby goats just wanting to climb on her. :allears:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

I was going to post pictures of my barn construction project but have some animals raiding my apple trees instead.

Every time you post new sheep pics, I end up making dumb noises at my screen -- like right now it's the kind of noises I imagine the sheep are making as they eat their apples. BLAAAAAAGH NOMNAAAAAUGH. It's been the highlight of my evening.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

RazorBunny posted:

Nobody told me they were such good climbers.

Ha, Tallahassee. It figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Poor Iph. She's basically the thread mascot here, and I'm sad to hear lab error caused this. What can be done about the lab that sent back consistent false negatives, or is that just one of the accepted hazards?

• Locked thread